ksp framerate dropped

So I was thinking I could just play ksp one day but when I did the game had insane fps lag. I'm not sure what exact fps I got but previously I had 60 or more easily. I thought removing mods could help. nope. reinstalling? nope. I have no idea what happened but it's only happening in 1.1.3 1.1.2 was fine and all versions before. I know it's not part count or anything like that it happens with just a pod. I tried setting the fps limiter to different values and no help. so far that's all I've tried but I don't feel like anything else can help as nothing was wrong before this.

system: amd FX-6350, 16 GB ddr3 1600, asus strix NVidia GeForce GTX 960 4gb gddr5, windows 10 home 64 bit, 

Edited by Mate_fin
typo

It sounds like you need to reinstall your graphics driver then reboot, your dxdiag hardware report will tell you exactly what driver you have, if you run dxdiag from the start menu you can save the report, post it to pastebin.com then link it here for us to take a look.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.