Issues Using Kerbal Atomics

Alright here's my second post.

Firstly, I would like to thank everybody who gave me such good ideas in the previous discussion.  I'm working on getting all the mods that were suggested and also opening up a thread where I'll tell about my journey.  Sadly, progress has been halted and this post should clear up why.

Anyway, I've started creating my mudpack with all the good mods and then a few I found.  I started with Kerbal Atomics, mainly because it was small and useful, but also because I like the mods and features.  So I moved the Game Data folder into the correct position, and started up KSP.  When I got there, none of the actual mod items were there, but it was still giving me options to use things such as Liquid Hydrogen and other subtypes.  So this raises my question: what am I doing wrong? I've got all the mod setup correctly and got all the essential plugins, but it just won't give me the items.  Please help.

26 minutes ago, Netherman555 said:

Alright here's my second post.

Firstly, I would like to thank everybody who gave me such good ideas in the previous discussion.  I'm working on getting all the mods that were suggested and also opening up a thread where I'll tell about my journey.  Sadly, progress has been halted and this post should clear up why.

Anyway, I've started creating my mudpack with all the good mods and then a few I found.  I started with Kerbal Atomics, mainly because it was small and useful, but also because I like the mods and features.  So I moved the Game Data folder into the correct position, and started up KSP.  When I got there, none of the actual mod items were there, but it was still giving me options to use things such as Liquid Hydrogen and other subtypes.  So this raises my question: what am I doing wrong? I've got all the mod setup correctly and got all the essential plugins, but it just won't give me the items.  Please help.

Are you playing in career mode? If so, have you unlocked the appropriate tech nodes?

Does your directory structure look like this:

KSP - (or whatever you named the main KSP directory)

KSP.exe

(Other files)

GameData

B9PartSwitch

ComunityResourcePack

CryoTanks

DeployableEngines

KerbalAtomics

Squad

ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll 

Another thing that might mess things up - If you put this in the "Program files" directory. That may cause some permission issues (You didn't say - I'm assuming Windows here). you might try placing the top KSP directory in your "My Documents" folder.

22 minutes ago, wasml said:

Does your directory structure look like this:

KSP - (or whatever you named the main KSP directory)

KSP.exe

(Other files)

GameData

B9PartSwitch

ComunityResourcePack

CryoTanks

DeployableEngines

KerbalAtomics

Squad

ModuleManager.2.6.25.dll 

Another thing that might mess things up - If you put this in the "Program files" directory. That may cause some permission issues (You didn't say - I'm assuming Windows here). you might try placing the top KSP directory in your "My Documents" folder.

Well I think this may be the problem.  I just moved the GameData file and didn't think I needed to move the Modules out of it.  Also, for future reference, I run KSP through steam so it isn't in Program Files, it's in Program Files(x86).  I'll try this out and get back to you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.