[1.1.3] K.R.X Kerbal Rotor Expansion 0.31.1

Eskandare

7 hours ago, Salvator said:

how you guys cope with that.

Some military copters with wings have their rotor axis tilted forward so that on cruising speed their airframe is horizontal, but blades lift is tilted forward as well and compensates drag.

7 hours ago, Salvator said:

I mean, i know why is that - as soon as the heli starts moving forward, the wing parts on the tail start generating lift and they lift the tail up, tilting the craft , the question is, how you guys cope with that.

Put much smaller lift surfaces back there (or do you even need them?) or adjust their angle so that they don't create undue lift when moving forward.

A small suggestion, if work is still being done on the pack:

Each main rotor's config needs an attach node added so that the blades orient themselves correctly in the editor.

All that is necessary is adding "node_attach = <the same numbers used for the stack node>". I've tried it myself and it works quite nicely!

22 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

or do you even need them?

No, i don't need them and therefore i don't use them, it's just that i tried it once and failed miserably so i stopped using them, but i remebered about the problem, when i saw this Eskandare's helicopter and just figured i could ask, how others solve the problem:

tBr5Iby.png

Anyway thanks, i guess i'll just continue not using them.

6 hours ago, Salvator said:

No, i don't need them and therefore i don't use them, it's just that i tried it once and failed miserably so i stopped using them, but i remebered about the problem, when i saw this Eskandare's helicopter and just figured i could ask, how others solve the problem:

tBr5Iby.png

Anyway thanks, i guess i'll just continue not using them.

Oh, yeah! That chopper. :)

my earlier idea was simply to angle them so that they do not cause lift in forward flight--or manually set the trim of the control surface so that it offsets the lift? I'd have to play with a similar craft to see what might work to maintain the visual effect of having the tail surfaces.

9 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Oh, yeah! That chopper. :)

my earlier idea was simply to angle them so that they do not cause lift in forward flight--or manually set the trim of the control surface so that it offsets the lift? I'd have to play with a similar craft to see what might work to maintain the visual effect of having the tail surfaces.

That chopper :).

And i've been also experimenting with similar wings/pylons the Mi-24 has, wich also didn't go well :D

• 2 months later...
On 11/17/2016 at 4:50 AM, Eskandare said:

Good news everyone! I have the go ahead from @FreddyPhantom to take over FantomWorks for the interm. I'll be adding hatches and stock-a-like texures to the command pods, I'll also be keeping the originals for those who want the KAX-a-like style. 

New thread coming soon.

YAYYYYY! i'm excited to make an Osprey, AC-130 and finally have the 2.5m Circular Cargo Bays and door the game has been lacking, or even mods have been lacking!

On 5/6/2017 at 2:11 PM, N3N said:

Hey Eskandare,

Nice work! :wink:

Will there be an new update for KSP 1.2.2 or is it just fine to update the firespitter plugin and nothing new for 1.2.2?

It'll be done when it is done. My dev computer is down due to something attacking Windows 10 and making it unrecoverable. I tried to recover it using all methods without losing personal data, but for some reason it refuses to fix the issue. Also I've been working a lot (it's a lot of work being boss) so I haven't had the time to back up the data and do a full drive wipe.

9 hours ago, Eskandare said:

It'll be done when it is done. My dev computer is down due to something attacking Windows 10 and making it unrecoverable. I tried to recover it using all methods without losing personal data, but for some reason it refuses to fix the issue. Also I've been working a lot (it's a lot of work being boss) so I haven't had the time to back up the data and do a full drive wipe.

Hey Eskandare,

No Problem! :wink:

Real Life goes first! :wink:

Thanks for your work!

And just write it, if there is a way to help you!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/10/2017 at 6:15 PM, Khantemplation said:

Is anyone running this in 1.3? This is one of my personal favorite mods, but I'd like to know if anyone has run into any issues with it before I re-install it.

I just tried it out and it seems to work just fine for me with no problems.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RealGecko said:

Versions 0.31 and 0.31.1 have corrupt Eskandare_Heavy_Industries/Kerbal_Rotor_Expansion/Parts/Osprey/rotor_dif.dds.

I grabbed correct file from version 0.30 and repacked it.

Here's the link.

Thanks for doing that. I am planning to do some changes to rotors: adding engines that fit into the mk-1 parts and a new tilt rotor with an animation for those who don't use infernal robotics.

Here're messages from logfile:

[LOG 15:56:18.875] Load(Model): Eskandare_Heavy_Industries/Kerbal_Rotor_Expansion/Parts/Fenestron/KRXfenestron
[ERR 15:56:18.910] Texture 'Eskandare_Heavy_Industries/Kerbal_Rotor_Expansion/Parts/Fenestron/mount_dif' not found!

[ERR 15:56:18.911] Texture 'Eskandare_Heavy_Industries/Kerbal_Rotor_Expansion/Parts/Fenestron/mount_nrm' not found!

Hope that'll help :)

@RealGecko have you actually fly crafts with  KRX parts? You'll probably get more errors :) In my case Firespitter was spamming NRE about FSplanePropellerSpinner module, i've modified module in configs like this (example from sparrow rotor):

Spoiler

MODULE
    {
         name = FSplanePropellerSpinner
         propellerName = rotorMastblur //this line is added by me
         rotationSpeed = -400
         //windmillRPM = 0.001
         spinUpTime = 7.0 //15.0
         useRotorDiscSwap = 1
         rotorDiscFadeInStart = 0.45
         rotorDiscFadeInEnd = 0.65
         rotorDiscSpeed = -400
         rotorDiscName = rotorMastblur //this is where I get the name
    }

This solves the problem for me. I'm not sure if it's the right way, but it works :)
Maybe @Eskandare will tell better.

Edited by Warro

5 hours ago, Warro said:

@RealGecko have you actually fly crafts with  KRX parts? You'll probably get more errors :) In my case Firespitter was spamming NRE about FSplanePropellerSpinner module, i've modified module in configs like this (example from sparrow rotor):

Hide contents

MODULE
    {
         name = FSplanePropellerSpinner
         propellerName = rotorMastblur //this line is added by me
         rotationSpeed = -400
         //windmillRPM = 0.001
         spinUpTime = 7.0 //15.0
         useRotorDiscSwap = 1
         rotorDiscFadeInStart = 0.45
         rotorDiscFadeInEnd = 0.65
         rotorDiscSpeed = -400
         rotorDiscName = rotorMastblur //this is where I get the name
    }

This solves the problem for me. I'm not sure if it's the right way, but it works :)
Maybe @Eskandare will tell better.

I did not try KRX in 1.3.1 yet, but everything was good in 1.2.2.

Currently I was simply collecting all the mods I had on 1.2.2 and installing them on 1.3.1 to continue my career play. I've enabled debug messages on screen and found many small glitches in various mods, for example:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/FuseBoxContinued/issues/11

https://github.com/sswelm/KSP-Interstellar-Extended/issues/115

https://github.com/Aelfhe1m/Workshop/issues/5

Theese are not criticial, however I decided to notify their authors, as well I did with KRX :)

50 minutes ago, RealGecko said:

I did not try KRX in 1.3.1 yet, but everything was good in 1.2.2.

Currently I was simply collecting all the mods I had on 1.2.2 and installing them on 1.3.1 to continue my career play. I've enabled debug messages on screen and found many small glitches in various mods, for example:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/FuseBoxContinued/issues/11

https://github.com/sswelm/KSP-Interstellar-Extended/issues/115

https://github.com/Aelfhe1m/Workshop/issues/5

Theese are not criticial, however I decided to notify their authors, as well I did with KRX :)

Thanks @RealGecko once I have my whole package reinstalled, I am going to make some changes and fixes.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.