Hopter parts?

I thought you meant "Copter," but no... you actually want jumping parts. Not that I don't like it. Some sort of robotic leg part with movement and jumping ability would be cool

29 minutes ago, The Optimist said:

There's this thing called "engines"?

There absolutely is. However, the Hopter concepts are meant to save fuel. They presumably use electricity to power their motion parts.

4 hours ago, The Optimist said:

There's this thing called "engines"?

Lol! Yup, and there's another thing called lander legs! And other parts, called wheels!

What we don't have (In ksp or reality really) is a way to turn easily generated and stored electricity into vertical motion.

This might be too niche for stock, but I think it'd be a cool dedicated mod.

11 hours ago, Megadeath said:

Lol! Yup, and there's another thing called lander legs! And other parts, called wheels!

What we don't have (In ksp or reality really) is a way to turn easily generated and stored electricity into vertical motion.

This might be too niche for stock, but I think it'd be a cool dedicated mod.

Isn't there a thing called ion engines?

1 hour ago, Stoney3K said:

Those will still burn fuel. An electric motor doesn't.

I thought they burned electrons.  Dang physics always confused me :wink: .

OP: I'd try a mod with such parts--could be fun.

Why don't we first let Squad make parts that stay on the ground before parts that are made to hop ? Not that I think that a stable lander is more important than hopping around, but still...

Spoiler

I'm talking about the incredibly bugged landing legs and gears, in case you didn't figure out.

ayyy (that's true tho)

On 7/2/2016 at 1:47 AM, Maximus97 said:

Ah yes, SciShow Space. Personally, I think that the "Hopter" parts would do better as part of a mod if anything.

BahamutoDynamics has a neat Critter-Crawler, so hopters as mods wouldn't be a big deal.

This concept reminds me of a vessel I was toying around with on Mun. By retracting a landing strut to control direction I was using the landing legs to jump into the air.  The craft was a light probe and had no fuel and another biome was close.  It worked but was very slow.  Now if I were to design a craft to just hop now that just might be a challenge.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.