1.1.3 Crashing for no reason.

Well, there probably is a reason, but the game doesn't tell me what it is.

I'm not reporting a bug, because not sure if it is or isn't. But twice now, once, while in the VAB and once while in the SPH, the game crashed.

There were other times, at various stages of the game, but I cannot say much more about them other than they happened.

Has this happened to anyone else, is it a confirmed bug or is it just me????

No, happens to me too quite often... granted this is on a test install, with about a dozen simple plug-in mods that are pretty stable for 1.1.3 (from feedback on the forums), and a "dev" version of a mod I am helping to update...  But I also get no logs, and it seems to randomly happen, and I couldnt even hint at what it might be... What I get is game freezes, and Windows pops up the default "KSP.exe has stopped responding" window...

Oh, and I was using the same mods & updating the same mod I'm working on, in 1.1.2... It wasnt till i switched to using 1.1.3 that this started happening for me

9 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

Well, there probably is a reason, but the game doesn't tell me what it is.

I'm not reporting a bug, because not sure if it is or isn't. But twice now, once, while in the VAB and once while in the SPH, the game crashed.

There were other times, at various stages of the game, but I cannot say much more about them other than they happened.

Has this happened to anyone else, is it a confirmed bug or is it just me????

Oddly enough I just had a crash in the VAB, identical - first of those in many hours of 1.1.3, no crash log

4 hours ago, pizzaoverhead said:

Have you checked the output_log.txt? It'll normally tell you what happened. You can upload it to pastebin or similar for someone here to look at.

Umm.. yeah, thats the problem: there IS no output_log...

So.... thanks guys, its one thing that the game crashes, but another when you think its only happening to you because everyone says how great 1.1.3 is.

If I remove all the mods and re-add them one at a time, I'll lose my ships landed (read: crashed) on the Mun, or worse, in flight.

So I might make a copy of my game so the save game won't be affected and remove them one at a time. I'll report back if I find out anything.

The crash is so random that I might never find out... and no, there is no output log. It might be a conflict between two, or more, mods.

I have noticed however that since the first crash, the "stutter" is back, worse than ever.

Edited by kiwi1960

2 hours ago, kiwi1960 said:

If I remove all the mods and re-add them one at a time, I'll lose my ships landed (read: crashed) on the Mun, or worse, in flight.

You can probably test it in a new save though, right?

Had that one this afternoon. After spending an hour trying to calm down my PTSD from the previous VAB crashes, I realised I was not deleting parts so it's not the same thing.

Seems less frequent than the previous crashes (at least for me) so that's a good thing. Except that removing mods one by one will probably not allow to find the cause since it's pretty rare (and seemingly random).

Since no crash logs are generated and the output log doesn't show anything special besides "Crash!!!", it might have a cause related to the 8241 crashes which did not generate logs as well.

EDIT: and the crash when decoupling is still there.... 

Edited by Gaarst

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.