The Grand "Imgur albums/links are broken" thread.

Bloojay

So so I was browsing around and noticed that Imgur albums where broken:
aVlOqL0h.png

It cuts off half the image, moves the album preview to the left side, and there's a Giant "Beta Feedback" Button.

So I tried to find out what was going on, and went to the website where I found the website was in a beta version, I didn't think it much a problem till I started using the website and found out that its very unusable, Missing buttons, the image editor useless, album editing a pain due to missing buttons, and images breaking because I looked at them funny, things like that. This was cause for concern so I looked into it googled it and found a magic link that opted me out of the Beta and now everything is back in working order after some page refreshes.

I don't recall every opting IN to any beta so I was wondering if this is a forced deal and everyone else is having this problem?

Edited by Vanamonde
Title update.

Yeah I'm not getting any issues either. :/ Are you browsing the forum on Mobile or something? It may also be the fact that your monitor's aspect ratio is bizarre, if that image is an accurate representation.

@Starwhip Its a cropped screenshot, Im using a normal 1080p Resolution Monitor :P

As for the problem I still have no idea why it happened.
I know what caused it but I'm not sure why it happened; I was opted into some Imgur Beta test for some reason :huh:
Whatever it was, some dude on reddit told me to click a magic link(I checked it first) and boom it fixed everything

Edited by Bloojay
typos

I've noticed (depends on browser, browser window/screen size, and browser type [mobile or PC]) various issues, including:

• Images cut in half
  • Images duplicated, and resized to fit (but not cut in half)
  • [Mobile (Safari) only] Album causing the webpage to error and reload
  • In general not working at random times [usually fixed by reload]

And people ask me why I don't use Imgur for images.

On 12/07/2016 at 11:51 AM, KasperVld said:

Is anyone still experiencing this issue? It seems to work fine on my end.

I am 

QRUJ8Yx.png

It only seems to be on the albums (not the best example)

Edited by mrmcp1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 4:32 PM, Bloojay said:

Whatever it was, some dude on reddit told me to click a magic link(I checked it first) and boom it fixed everything

Do you still have that link? My albums are broken to.

Imgur seems to be determined to progressively make itself as unfriendly & unusable as it can - I note you can't upload images straight into albums now, and you can't sort by filename in an album. Not only that it took three different browsers before it'd even start uploading and then broke halfway through the upload, so I think I'm totally done with it. All I used it for was embedded albums, and apparently all I'm meant to do is post pics for instant popularity contests.

Can we please get embeds for an album from another site? I'm not sure if you can embed Flickr albums, for instance... at least Flickr has stopped trying to murder itself recently.

Edited by Van Disaster

Same here. Every single album chopped in half. I would upload a screenshot but Imgur decided to make that impossible, too.

(Sigh)

On 7/5/2016 at 7:59 AM, DaMachinator said:

And people ask me why I don't use Imgur for images.

What site do you use, then? I think we all may be needing an alternative.

I've always used Flickr, image quality has always seemed better. Not so friendly for embedding and previously not so friendly for editing albums, but from this fight I'm having with Imgur, not anymore.

Edited by Van Disaster

I was invited to participate in the beta, said no, and somehow was enrolled in it anyway. Since then, I have not been able to upload pics at all. It says "1 image loading," but never actually does anything. 

As much as I like Imgur when it works, they have not been able to keep the site running consistently for more than a week or two at a time in the 4 years that I've been trying to use the place, and I am considering switching to another host. 

6 minutes ago, Dfthu said:

Now i cant upload albums. What do i do?

Don't use photobucket!

Flickr albums are embeddable, but the html link they give is obviously currently unusable here. Hopefully someone can knock up a script to generate embeds from bare links and attach it to a button here. For now though it seems there's nothing any of us can do. I notice *all* imgur album embeds are kaput.

Edited by Van Disaster

Christ, this is goanna be a few scary days up ahead. I need imgur for my craft sharing page, what am I going to do now?

Edited by Dfthu

On 7/20/2016 at 1:45 AM, Mjp1050 said:

Same here. Every single album chopped in half. I would upload a screenshot but Imgur decided to make that impossible, too.

(Sigh)

What site do you use, then? I think we all may be needing an alternative.

I use https://u.tylian.net mostly. 

On 7/20/2016 at 3:07 AM, Dfthu said:

Christ, this is goanna be a few scary days up ahead. I need imgur for my craft sharing page, what am I going to do now?

https://u.tylian.net and put the images in spoilers instead because it doesn't do albums.

Reasonable, but another site in beta is possibly another site which is going to break everything in future. Photobucket/Imageshack fell down the drain some time ago & Imgur is rapidly following, Did anyone look at Smugmug? it's mainly intended for photographers ( which is how I generally run across it ) and I've not checked any embedding options. I'll probably stick with Flickr ( which does do albums )  unless Yahoo meddle again, but it might be worth a look.

Edited by Van Disaster