SHOWCASE: Airliners/airport vehicles

Hello, everyone, Recently, i've taken up a small obsession with airport related vehicles in KSP. So, i decided to start a thread for you all to show them off! They don't have to be airplanes, either. You can have shuttle buses, jetways (Though i don't know how you'd do this) And other things like fuel trucks! Also, you can use any mods you want, i won't be that guy who made a stock only airplane thread. That means you can show off all your lovely KAX craft and such. Anyways, you might wanna have some pictures and maybe even a download link, if anyone wants to use your craft. Let's get sharing, everyone!

Sure, can contribute some old stuff.

From a circumnavigation price-per-seat/time contest:

Initial thoughts were low-consumption large subsonic:

22769776657_dc0c53406c_b.jpg

But that was too boring, so hypersonic was the way - and in the end given there was a time component, hypersonic was also the winner per seat. The contest didn't deal with repeats, but iirc the hypersonic craft could do four runs in the time the larger one took to do one...

22614881923_4bdb0c2936_b.jpg
22714902173_563cf73b20_b.jpg

Had to go a long way back to find vehicles, some random things:

10031066465_9f6b7b0397_b.jpg
15733340107_a05f67d157_b.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 08/03/2017 at 7:13 PM, Aerostar Research said:

Aerostar Kossak Albatross

Sooooooo... I made this 47-part, three-engined plane weighing 132 tons at full fuel load of 19407.1. It has three engines, clipped to line up the centers of thrust and mass. Really stable, peppy, but no pitch-power coupling :) The plane stalls real slow, so don't worry. Comes with full lighting suite, nacelle outrigger wheels, comms antenna, forward, reverse and underside cameras (JSI), MFD's (also JSI), two air ramps and staging/airlock things in the ramp bays.

abort speed = rotate speed, 95 m/s

stalls at 50 m/s

Initial Turn: 1.9G, 80m radius

34.1 metre long, 33.5 metre wingspan, 72 crew (and 2 staging seats in rampbays)

MODS!!!!1!!!!1 Airplane Plus, LLL SXT, the Nav Light mod, I think that's it (wait, feline util rover for the staging seats) HullcamVDS

Medical Notice: Epilepsy, Fuel Inhalation, and Irradiation may be caused by industry-standard "KSP clipping" construction method.

Screenshots and .craft download

MultiQuote'd from my marketing thread

Edited by Aerostar Research

But...but...*sniff* I need views!

On 3/8/2017 at 7:13 PM, Aerostar Research said:

Aerostar Kossak Albatross

Sooooooo... I made this 47-part, three-engined plane weighing 132 tons at full fuel load of 19407.1. It has three engines, clipped to line up the centers of thrust and mass. Really stable, peppy, but no pitch-power coupling :) The plane stalls real slow, so don't worry. Comes with full lighting suite, nacelle outrigger wheels, comms antenna, forward, reverse and underside cameras (JSI), MFD's (also JSI), two air ramps and staging/airlock things in the ramp bays.

abort speed = rotate speed, 95 m/s

stalls at 50 m/s

Initial Turn: 1.9G, 80m radius

34.1 metre long, 33.5 metre wingspan, 72 crew (and 2 staging seats in rampbays)

MODS!!!!1!!!!1 Airplane Plus, LLL SXT, the Nav Light mod, I think that's it (wait, feline util rover for the staging seats) Hullcam VDS

Medical Notice: Epilepsy, Fuel Inhalation, and Irradiation may be caused by industry-standard "KSP clipping" construction method.

NOTE: Aerostar standard practice on airbreathers is to set stage to engine starters and RCS to reverser.

Screenshots and .craft download

and a twin-prop

On 3/17/2017 at 7:03 AM, Aerostar Research said:

The Bumblebee Shuttle!

12.7 metric tonnes, cruise 150 at 5000, 1362.9 units of liquid fuel for two APR-400 turboprops (Airplane Plus). Good balance, responsive controls. Range estimated at ~800km.

Oh, and install Feline Utility Rover. The ladder is perfectly sized and I'm not replacing it. Also new edit just now, stats updated

Screenshots <<< and craft

NOTE: Aerostar standard practice on airbreathers is to set stage to engine starters and RCS to reverser. This plane also has speedbrakes on AG1

On 22/03/2017 at 6:37 PM, THE NARWHAL said:

Nah it's fine, i actually forgot about this thread and i kinda wanna keep it up if the mods are okay with that.

We're always okay with it if the content is still relevant :) 

I had two vehicles that were probably my most useful designs to date.

mQtvdEK.jpg

This crane that I had to use to load the cargo into my craft during a challenge so not to despawn the craft.

And this refueling tanker truck.

QPJw7hT.jpg

Yep that is 4 orange tanks to refuel that beast. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.