Vessel Mover and bdarmory need new home

I recently noticed that the threads for these mods have been close and unfortunately I don't know C++ of I would do it I don't want these mods to perish because bdarmory is the only weapons plugin in ksp

Hi those posts have been closed simply because the posters there would not obey the forum rules for not constantly asking for updates, ( which is really annoying to those who follow the rules and make parts for the plugin, as it also stops the  help that experienced users could and do provide)  Not because BD has thrown in the towel, well there's no official confirmation that he has at least. So i think it may be a little too early to start looking for a maintainer. it is allowed within the license however

That said I do have vested interest in these two plugins continuing and would very much like some clarification as to the future of BD in particular, but for Kerbins sake don't start spamming his inbox or the blue tags in an effort to get his attention, if he does decide to update he will,  I don't actually blame him for not doing so as there are still a lot of post 1.1 ripples and  changes due in 1.2 that would likely blow it out of the water again.

• 2 weeks later...

has said that he doesn't have time to his mods

here is the most resent post from BahamutoD 

•  

Hey everyone.  Sorry for being MIA all this time.  I didn't have school or a job for the last couple years which is why I had so much time to work on KSP mods.  I've returned to college to finish my degree, so school, work and relationships have been taking up all my time.  

I won't be working on any of them for the foreseeable future, but their licenses permit anyone to take over if they wish.  I hope I can return one day.. I miss you all!

Edited by Nerfclasher

• 2 weeks later...

If no one else is looking at supporting this, I will begin supporting it.  

I noted the same thread post above.  He talked about College and work and a relationship.   So he no longer has time.

So I'll be posting an revival update soon unless someone pipes in.

New thread created here:  

Edited by Papa_Joe

Did anyone pick up BDArmory?  If not I'll add that to the list... We HAVE to keep that one alive....  I'm not into weapons, but it is the ONLY weapon mod we have in KSP, and there are a lot of mods that expand on it...  I know it is definitely an in Demand Mod...

Edited by Papa_Joe

Also don't forget  adjustable landing gear but for that you will need to wait for 1.2 to fix wheels and her is another mod by bahamutod is BDynamics Mk22 Cockpits and camera tools,B.Dynamics,BDAnimationModules is one you will need to fix adjustable landing gear

Edited by Nerfclasher
Forgot some mods by bahamutod

Hey everybody, I too want to see this happen. I recently picked the game up again and I'm trying mods I never used before... BD Armory being one of them, I was disappointed that of all the mods and plugins that have been forked, this one got left out.

But I can't contribute much. What I am curious about though is the state of contract mods that make use of BD Armory. I've only started digging but there's only talk on the old Kerbin on Fire thread. If anything, that's an area I'd get my feet wet.

I suppose an update of the mod could use relevant contracts, since mods like scan sat have them built in. If we need contracts, I'll help brainstorm and learn contract configurator.

Edited by SpaceCommanderNemo

This could work.  I have forked BD Armory to my Git Repo.  If you are interested in assisting in continuing the support of this mod, contact me via PM, and we can set up a team.  

2 hours ago, sarbian said:

The forks commit activity lead my to believe that someone is already working on BDA...

You may be right.  I looked at the fork activity as well before i forked it.  I know that someone recompiled it to 1.1.3.  I'm thinking it was  @SpannerMonkey(smce).  I have been in communication with him.  He recompiled vessel mover as well, but is not a coder.  

So if someone is supporting it, Please speak up.  I do not wish to duplicate effort!

Edited by Papa_Joe

39 minutes ago, Nerfclasher said:

@Papa_Joe I sent you a pm about it we can work together 

thanks.  I got it.  We will need to sort out if anyone else is supporting BDArmory.  to my knowledge no one else has created a continuation thread...  I'm at work, so that will have to wait till this evening.  also give some time for anybody to speak up. :) 

I was just looking at forks again on Git... Looks like a ThomasKerbin is active on it... don't know the Forum name tho... anyone?  Last commit was 4 days ago, and pretty active with some changes.

I know he was on IRC earlier.  Gone to bed now I think, (according to @JPLRepo)...   Maybe we better find out first before I start stepping on existing work... :) 

Edited by Papa_Joe

21 minutes ago, Papa_Joe said:

I was just looking at forks again on Git... Looks like a ThomasKerbin is active on it... don't know the Forum name tho... anyone?  Last commit was 4 days ago, and pretty active with some changes.

I know he was on IRC earlier.  Gone to bed now I think, (according to @JPLRepo)...   Maybe we better find out first before I start stepping on existing work... :) 

I have a fork, but that is just because I updated BDDMP for me and a friend inofficially. I don't intend to contribute to it or even maintain BD

Edited by Thomas P.