Contract Filter Continued - Discontinued (for now)

Due to changes in both KSP and other mods, this is no longer functional at this time.

First version is available here:  http://spacedock.info/mod/820/Contract Filter Continued

License:  Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike

Source code available here:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ContractFilterContinued

Welcome to Contract Filter! This mod was created as a "more extensive" version of Rejector by SilverFox.  SilverFox has graciously allowed me to take the mod over.

What Contract Filter allows you as the user to do, is to configure how you want each type of contract to be when you accept it or reject it.

For example, if you need 60 science to get that next node, and you know there's going to be contracts with a reward of 60 science, then you can click on the type of contract you want to receive, whether it's Part Testing, Collecting Science, ISRU contracts, Body Surveys, or Science Gatherings, then you scroll to the textbox for minScienceComplete and put that from 0 to 60. Now after you save that up, you can start sorting your contracts!

When it sorts the contracts, it'll check all the conditions of the contract to match all the numbers and letters you gave it. So since you had a minimum requirement of 60 science upon completion, all those little contracts with 12 science and 5 science go poof. But all the 60+ science ones stay :D

You can do this for funds, science, reputation, contract parameters, bodies, and strings!

If you don't like those pesky Part testing while flying over a planet contracts, it's simple! Just click on PartTest tab, then go to Blacklist Strings, then type into the box "flying over" (be careful, it's case sensitive!) and then add in the string to the blacklist. Save your settings, then start the sorting, and now all of those "flying over" contracts will vanish!

As another handy feature, you can just not get part test contracts at all! When you click on a contract type, just click the "Reject" button, and it will turn into an "Accept" button, letting you know that the type is now rejected, and you have the ability to accept the type again at any time.

WARNING: NOT SAVING YOUR SETTINGS CAN RESULT IN SETTINGS LOSS IF YOU CLOSE YOUR GAME, ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SAVE!

Donations gratefully accepted

Patreon.png

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

d2wI8MB.png

As you can see above, I don't want any Science collecting, Base making, or Planting of the flag contracts. Also, when I get my Explore x body contracts, I don't want to get them for Eve, Laythe, or the Sun.

You can reject or accept a contract type by clicking the toggle to the left in the leftmost window.  This saves the extra clicks of having to open the second window, reject it and then close the window.

Use the Edit All button! You can edit all the type preferences at once!

The Time Interval is used to control how often it scans the available contracts.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! I have used the old mod extensively, and got back into Kerbal Space Program with 1.1.3 and I just wanted to let you know that Contract Filter does not work Contract Configurator 1.15.5. I'm not sure why, but I hope you can find out why. Everything in the interface works, but when you hit "Start", nothing happens and no contracts are filtered.

Edit: To test this further, I have gone into a completely stock 1.1.3 with only your mod installed, and it did nothing. I hit the button to bring up the configuration on the stock toolbar, went into admin building, said "edit all" and at least 20,000 advance. Then I hit close, save, run, and no contracts were removed, although it said "running". In the console the only messages were from your mod saving and going into various screens.

Edited by civilwargeeky

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not working for me at all. I've disabled certain contract types alltogether but they keep appearing anyway, also blacklisted a lot of planets yet they still show up in new contracts. I've started the sorting, but even with it turned off I have the same results (same contracts as without this mod). It does not seem to sort/remove any contracts or prevent new contracts from showing up that should be blacklisted. I'm running Contracts Window, that is the only other contracts mod I have running.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Kerbinidiel said:

under 1.2.2 i cant manage and disable the test contracts

there is one alternative if this mod is dead

IIRC, ContractConfigurator can disable stock contracts by category, in the difficulty settings. Not as fine grained as this, but it's something.

Edited by steve_v

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.