Radiators not tracking correctly

There is a problem with the radiators that are not tracking away from the sun anymore. I have tried all of the trackable radiators available. I am running a 100% stock clean install x64 in 1.1.3.
-The only time they work is under the next highest time warp. Otherwise the panels are completely stuck.

Log: https://1drv.ms/t/s!AjPzwZOe_6-0iElKJgp8Al3X3d-E

Parked perpendicular to the sun with radiators facing towards sun:

yS47ohi.png

Edited by SkyKaptn
typos

On 7/5/2016 at 5:29 PM, SkyKaptn said:

I am running a 100% stock clean install x64 in 1.1.3.

Me too, and I'll add that I had/have this problem in Windows 7/10 x64. I didn't see anything in Squad's bug tracker either, which I find odd. The description of the radiator panels still lists a tracking speed so I assume this wasn't intentional .

I stuck a pod on top of a fuel tank and attached some landing legs and radiators to it. Turned on the radiators after launch and they extend during deployment as usual but they don't track the sun or move at all after that. You can still toggle the deployment state as usual. I didn't try it while warping.

I haven't done much testing but it think it actually does affect the cooling capabilities too; if I rotate my vessel so that some panels are lined up as if their tracking worked, it seems those panels take a little longer to heat up than those with a side facing the sun (while orbiting sun between Eve and Moho).

I'm running a modded version and at first I thought it was because of the mods (not too many) but since you're both running stock installs it must be something else.

Checked the cfg files and they seem ok, there is a line which specifies the tracking animation and one with the tracking speed.

32bit and 64bit versions act in the same way, radiators don't track, not the stock ones and not the ones from Nertea's Heat Control mod.

On 7/9/2016 at 4:21 AM, void_error said:

I'm running a modded version and at first I thought it was because of the mods

I thought the same thing, but then I decided to reimage my Win7 machine with Win10 and thought I'd check it out before I added any mods to my KSP install... so it was literally the most clean install possible! I'm glad I did, I nearly posted on the KJR forum asking if that had anything to do with it. I never had this problem until KSP 1.1.3.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.