Hello Support-Team, this is a Bug-Report.

KSP Version: 1.1.3.1289 (x64), Not-Steam - Version.

The planted Flags are all falling down. It does not matter if it is a old Flag or a New Flag. At first they move up a lttle bit, then they fall over.

Instruction to recreate the Bug, based on the delivered savegame:

1. Press M for Map-View
  2. Press 8 times Tabulator to focus View on Duna
  3. Scroll Mousewheel up to zoom on Duna
  4. Leftclick on a Flag of your choice. (I prefer the Flag "Mars Eins" at Equator, because it is at bright Daytime)
  5. Click on "Switch to"
  6. Fast!: After View has switched to Flag, zoom fast to the Flag and watch the Flag.

Result: You will notice that the Flag move up a little bit and then it falling over down to the ground. This happens with all Flags. Does not matter if you do "Switch to" or if you do "Fly" the Flag in the Tracking Station.

System Specification: Windows7 Professional (64 bit), AMD FX 8350 (8 Core with 4 GHz each), 16 GB RAM, MSI Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti 2GB VRAM.

I hope you can fix that soon.

With friendly Greetings

Nexis

It might be that flags are falling down because they are actual parts. maybe KSP might be thinking it is clipping with the ground. I remember when I somehow broke my game I saw all the parts and flags showed up as hidden parts.

7 hours ago, Dizzle said:

"That's normal, don't worry about it." - Buzz Aldrin.

I do not think that this is normal. It worked for Years correctly, Flags were ever fixedly mounted to the surface since i play KSP (0.17).

So do not tell me, that it is normal that they now fall all over.

On 6.7.2016 at 6:04 PM, AlmostNASA said:

It might be that flags are falling down because they are actual parts. maybe KSP might be thinking it is clipping with the ground. I remember when I somehow broke my game I saw all the parts and flags showed up as hidden parts.

I have opened the savegame and looked for it.

No, the Flag is a Vessel and type = Flag. Not Part. But thank you for the hint :)

Edited by Nexis

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.