[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

First off, I want to send out a Jool sized thank you to Galileo and Nhawks17 for creating and bundling SVE (which of course includes massive kudos out to blackrack for Scatterer, MOARdV and RubberDucky for Distant Object and of course Waz and rbray89 for EVE).   If I missed anyone here, my apologies…you also rock!

Re: ‘ I LOVE SCREENSHOTS!’ :)…. After lurking for well over a year, this is the 1st set of pics I have ever posted on the forum so I hope you guys like them (this sequence moved me so much I just had to share).

The setting: Jeb Jr. is on his final descent after a mundane repair mission, he is running low on snacks.  The sun has just set on the KSC and the krickets are coming out for their usual cacophonic symphony.  Jeb Jr. looks out his tiny window and sees the most amazing and colorful clouds while crossing thru the terminator into night….he quickly grabs his Kolaroid camera and snaps off a few pics (which btw is not standard KSP protocol, statute 17.7, subsection 34a).  Fortunately, the Kolaroid takes a few minutes to develop the pics so he remembers to pull the parachute cord in time this time.  

I also really dig how the ‘city lights’ look like swamps reflecting the last ambient light of the day in pics below. 

Looking West on way down to the KSC...

hM8wqQY.png

Spoiler

Looking North...

kSifKRT.png

Looking SW...

vmsLdW7.png

Jeb Jr. remembers he has a parachute, lands just West of the KSC snack machine... 

L1MQcIi.png

I was also LOLing a bit as I read the discussion with Supermarine a few pages back regarding the strange ‘tint’ on the terminator and lo and behold here I am in that terminator.  Btw, I think the colors and realism are just fine….and quite lovely to boot.

Thanks again to all from a bona fide Add-on Releases lurker!

Edited by Red Stapler
Perfectionism!

I'm seeing the breathtaking visuals some of you people are displaying in your screenshots and then I look at my game and don't see anything similar. Am I installing something wrong or am I forgetting to install something? I'm installing the mod manually, dragging and dropping just like the instructions say. It looks better than stock, but it still looks stock-ish without any flare or depth. In other words, I'm not getting the atmospherics.

28 minutes ago, Nekzuris said:

Hello !

I have installed your beautiful mod but I have a little problem, as you can see here there are "layer" on all the light in the game 290589kspprob.png

Do you have a solution for this bug ?

Use the no shadow cfg. Link in the OP. Be warned though, you will now have cloud shadows.

32 minutes ago, drZuko said:

I'm seeing the breathtaking visuals some of you people are displaying in your screenshots and then I look at my game and don't see anything similar. Am I installing something wrong or am I forgetting to install something? I'm installing the mod manually, dragging and dropping just like the instructions say. It looks better than stock, but it still looks stock-ish without any flare or depth. In other words, I'm not getting the atmospherics.

Please see the OP for how to get support for SVE.

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Use the no shadow cfg. Link in the OP. Be warned though, you will now have cloud shadows.

Please see the OP for how to get support for SVE.

All is working well on my end now. I'm unsure as to what was causing an issue, but I redownloaded and my visuals now replicate those of Red Stapler's. Also, I have read the OP and will remember to follow proper procedure should any further problems arise. Thank you for your continued work! Everything looks stunning :D

16 hours ago, Galileo said:

Awesome, this now works perfectly :D

I have just another very small problem, in the menu, Kerbin's cloud bug like this :

646288Desktop0317201716391408.png

25 minutes ago, Nekzuris said:

Awesome, this now works perfectly :D

I have just another very small problem, in the menu, Kerbin's cloud bug like this :

646288Desktop0317201716391408.png

Known issue with kopernicus. Doesn't hurt anything

14 hours ago, drZuko said:

All is working well on my end now. I'm unsure as to what was causing an issue, but I redownloaded and my visuals now replicate those of Red Stapler's. Also, I have read the OP and will remember to follow proper procedure should any further problems arise. Thank you for your continued work! Everything looks stunning :D

Cool...glad to hear you got the visuals working!  It's an amazing improvement, no?  I find myself pausing much more often now as I play to just take in the scenery.  

Vanilla KSP = Baked Potato

KSP + SVE bundle = Baked Potato w bacon, melted cheddar cheese and chives/seasoning. :cool:

Edited by Red Stapler

Just now, horace said:

how

Read that on how to get support. 

I cant see your computer and I can't read minds. 

Also, install instructions are included in the downloads.

The OP of this thread also tells you how to get support specifically from me. 

On 3/22/2017 at 10:13 AM, Galileo said:

Read that on how to get support. 

I cant see your computer and I can't read minds. 

Also, install instructions are included in the downloads.

The OP of this thread also tells you how to get support specifically from me. 

On 3/22/2017 at 10:10 AM, Galileo said:

You installed wrong

no need i fixed it but very laggy    0.5 FPS

@Galileo This mod really makes KSP! Thanks so much for the time you've put into this.

I haven't seen any comparison screenshots that show the difference between the different res versions, I was just trying each one out to test performance so I've taken a couple sets of shots for each res at the same view for comparison.  

Main menu (shows the difference quite nicely)

Spoiler

Low Res
pSEaU2b.jpg

Medium Res
ccuxdfp.jpg

High Res
r7YxZvE.jpg

From same angle in LKO

Spoiler

Low Res
NPxWLzy.jpg

Medium Res
QFgSijR.jpg

High Res
C9yBbN6.jpg

2 hours ago, Euer_Hochwuergen said:

Only made an Account to put these KSP Pictures here and say thank you for this awsome Mod. Im playing the most awesome Game ever made on my 4 year old Labtop, and thats only because of awwesome People like you. Thanks and much love!

Thanks for the kind words!

On 3/31/2017 at 4:50 PM, affytapples said:

I'm having trouble with this mod. After install, this is a bright light shining when I try to look at the ground on Kerbin, I'm not sure if it's occurring on other planets. Anyone have a fix for this?AE99EF31D778C29D1856D0ED4CFDC99995459ECD0895B84771B2D41A8E3213B156937789C315F389D8A65E6321FF28FF3E374636265A3733EFB337D1

I have never seen this. I will needs logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder

I'm having a problem with SVE in term of performance that I hope someone here could solve it. Before SVE was updated to be compatible with scatterer 0.0300, I could play with this mod with no issue, but after that, I'm having serious drops on FPS of 20fps, sometimes even going to 30fps.
I've tried to isolate the problem by deleting extra mods I had, comfirming the mod being messing with my ksp is SVE. Even though after uninstalling Ven's Stock Revamp the performance got better by a little, I still think, and see, that SVE is still dropping my FPS.
These FPS drops only happend when I look at some clouds, and gets worse when I have more clouds on the screen (For example: When I look at the horizon and see some far away clouds, my FPS can drop from 60 to ~35!)

Extra Information:
Not using the scatterer included in the SVE Download. Still if I have the correct one the bad performance persists.
I have the clouds shadow disabled.
I'm not getting any time of spam on the console, neither on output_log.txt.
I have a GTX 970 (4GB VRAM), a Intel i5-4590 3.3GHz and 8GB RAM

Extra: A beautiful photo I took of Kerbin's Northen clouds and aurora!
SYVbzzS.png

Edited by Pkmniako
Anyone to Someone

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.