[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

total.svg?style=flat-square

T0Htdqa.jpg

What is this?

This visual enhancement pack strives to give your stock system a facelift, with realistic clouds and atmospheres.

What Currently has Enhancements?

As of now, Kerbin, Eve, Duna, Laythe, and Jool all have Visual Enhancements be it clouds, atmosphere effects, or city lights (in Kerbin's case).

Known Issues:

• Scatterer also has a few small bugs that I'm sure will be ironed out in the future. 

Is not compatible with other visual packs, unless stated otherwise in the OP.

I WILL NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ME WITH AT LEAST YOUR OUTPUT.LOG AND A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR GAMEDATA FOLDER.

change log

• Adjusted all scatterer atmospheres (probably won't tell the difference)
  • Added clouds and scatterer support for OPM (will disable when OPMVO is installed)
  • Made atmosphere transition a little better without Scatterer installed (requires Kopernicus)
  • Made Laythe more turquoise to differentiate more from Kerbin

TO INSTALL:

Optional (recommended mods)

If you are still experiencing any lag from the volumetric clouds, open the EVE GUI (alt+0) and look for the cloud layer you want to change in the cloud manager. Scroll down until you find the layerVolume section of the GUI and change the visibleRange value from 10,000 to a lower number i.e. 8,000/5,000/2,000 until you get the performance you are looking for. Thank you @Waz for this wonderful feature.

Downloads

Latest Version

v1.4.0
Configs
Textures

Also Try:

Stock Visual Terrain http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/143828-stock-visual-terrain/#comment-2676888

SVE is licensed by CC BY-NC-ND

Want to contribute to my coffee fund?

DonateButton

Edited by Galileo

Thanks for your work, so all bundled means i could too bundle my RSS RVE files of EVE, RVE, Scatterer and dependencies? haven't found all the licenses of all of them, so I never provided my "OneFolderToInstallThemAll" solution for RVE.

2 minutes ago, Navy2k said:

Thanks for your work, so all bundled means i could too bundle my RSS RVE files of EVE, RVE, Scatterer and dependencies? haven't found all the licenses of all of them, so I never provided my "OneFolderToInstallThemAll" solution for RVE.

Yes,  as long as the license permits.  Some licenses have specific instructions on how to share the mod so just make sure you follow it and all should be good.  Typically,  the README will have the license or it will have its own .txt file

Thats my prob, for one mod (I am not at home to check which) i found no instructions and the rest was either CC-do what you want with it but don't take money for it or MIT-do what you want.

I think it would help some people in this phase of development to just have to drop in one folder in their gamedata, will check tonight.

8 minutes ago, Navy2k said:

Thats my prob, for one mod (I am not at home to check which) i found no instructions and the rest was either CC-do what you want with it but don't take money for it or MIT-do what you want.

I think it would help some people in this phase of development to just have to drop in one folder in their gamedata, will check tonight.

Yeah that's why I do it.  I don't have the patience to walk everyone through the install process 

Edited by Berlin

Just now, AeroAviation said:

Any idea if this impacts performance much? my laptop isn't the greatest but it should run low or medium 

Definitely try medium.  If it's too much for you laptop,  then go to low

3 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@Berlin Are you using commercial dropbox hosting? If using the free version I'd suggest finding another host as such a large package will quickly hit your download limits. Curseforge, Spacedock or Github are all good alternatives.

Yeah,  I planned on it.  Github(hopefully)  and spacedock will be up and running today and heck,  why not,  curseforge.  Thanks for the recommendations! 

Edited by Berlin

5 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Very clean OP! Best of luck with this Berlin :) - I've seen a couple different iterations of SVE over the years and I hope your upkeep is just as revolutionary as the last :D

Well if you download this version you can see it's already that and much much more than mine :confused: It's amazing

30 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Absolutely killer release. Clouds are so 'alive' and that reentry took my breath away
Coffee via paypal

UMOuQ1a.png

GOOD HEAVENS THAT LOOKS AMAZING - Dude! This is dropping my jaw... @Berlin my helmet is off to you... I think your OP is in need of a few flashy pictures :)

42 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Absolutely killer release. Clouds are so 'alive' and that reentry took my breath away
Coffee via paypal

You are too kind! 

Edited by Berlin

1 minute ago, Avera9eJoe said:

What did you even use to add those new ablative effects?

It's not actually my mod.  It's  called reentry particle effect.  It's too good to not play without!

7 minutes ago, Berlin said:

@Avera9eJoe I would love to use your endraxial textures with my next update.  It really looks good :)

xD Feel free to use them in any way you like :) - I've been maintaining them with the sole purpose of making them available for the next generation of kerbinauts. They've become a bit of a forgotten gem. It would be an honor if you included them in this wonderful mod. I'm sure it would make @Endraxial proud too.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

3 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

xD Feel free to use them in any way you like :) - I've been maintaining them with the sole purpose of making them available for the next generation of kerbinauts. They've become a bit of a forgotten gem. It would be an honor if you included them in this wonderful mod. I'm sure it would make @Endraxial proud too.

Awesome!  They will be included when I upload to spacedock and curseforge today! Thanks so much

Hm... @Berlin I just took a peek at your download and I noted that it doesn't have TextureReplacer or Kopernicus. I'm curious, how do you intend to get the textures working? :confused:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.