[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

Hello,

I'm pretty new to this thing and i modded my KSP pretty hard and it worked fine including your mod. but suddenly my map will not open when i have your mod installed. other maps will open just fine only this one will not open...

and i have no idea what the cause could be. so i hope you could maybe help me.

Here are my crash files if they help:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6_ulU66qXfabVZMY3F5UU13aGs?usp=sharing

44 minutes ago, paylam said:

Hello,

I'm pretty new to this thing and i modded my KSP pretty hard and it worked fine including your mod. but suddenly my map will not open when i have your mod installed. other maps will open just fine only this one will not open...

and i have no idea what the cause could be. so i hope you could maybe help me.

Here are my crash files if they help:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B6_ulU66qXfabVZMY3F5UU13aGs?usp=sharing

run the game in x64

47 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

Just a random question, is there a specific reason as to why cubemaps are refrained from being used in SVE?

I'm guessing it's just for convenience sake, from what I see editing cubemaps is difficult

Yeah basically. I don't have the patience to set them up.

30 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yeah basically. I don't have the patience to set them up.

Hm... I could set them up for you if you want? I already converted atleast two of them over (eve1 and kerbin1). There was a bug I thought was present in the cubemaps for a while that caused the top and bottom faces' detail textures to clip at the edge, but I think it's a stock EVE bug

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm... I could set them up for you if you want? I already converted atleast two of them over (eve1 and kerbin1). There was a bug I thought was present in the cubemaps for a while that caused the top and bottom faces' detail textures to clip at the edge, but I think it's a stock EVE bug

If you want, I won't stop you. :wink: 

However, if you decide to do it, would you be willing to do it to GPP's textures as they will be migrating over to SVE shortly. 

Edited by Galileo

21 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If you want, I won't stop you. :wink: 

However, if you decide to do it, would you be willing to do it to GPP's textures as they will be migrating over to SVE shortly. 

Sure :) Looking forwards to that update in fact! I'll be back from Cali next Monday and should be able to get them done that week sometime.

UPDATE

Change Log

v1.2.4

• Disabled Scatterer ocean shader to prevent the floating tile bug.
  • New aurora texture
    • Eve and Jool now have auroras.
  • Lightning on Jool and Eve
  • Fixed scatterer atmosphere issues.
    • fixed errors in scatterer cfgs
  • Resized sun flare
    • Most other sun flare textures will work out of the box.
  • More compatibility with OPMVO
    • the stock planets no longer look bad when OMPVO is installed.
  • Eve integration is turned on by default again

YOU MUST DOWNLOAD SVE TEXTURES AGAIN (Link in the OP)
    DOWNLOAD
Edited by Galileo

49 minutes ago, DanialADH said:

"Module StockVisualEnhancements has not been found. This may be because it is not compatible with the currently installed version of KSP"

why

I understand @Galileo doesn't provide support in case of CKAN issues.

I've reported it in CKAN thread already. It's also interesting that the mod shows there in the list as version 1.0. Perhaps, something's wrong with its .netkan and/or .version files.

3 hours ago, Galileo said:

As a FYI, it looks like the updated textures in the SVE_Texture branch aren't posted in a release - the only tagged release on that branch was marked Apr 5, and it doesn't include your texture updates.  Or I overlooked them because I need more coffee.

3 hours ago, MOARdV said:

As a FYI, it looks like the updated textures in the SVE_Texture branch aren't posted in a release - the only tagged release on that branch was marked Apr 5, and it doesn't include your texture updates.  Or I overlooked them because I need more coffee.

The changes are there, I just didn't create a new release for them. 

Edited by Galileo

8 hours ago, Galileo said:

Good I came here to check the thread before upgrading :)

Could you add this comment to OP so that others download the textures?

As usual - thanks a lot, KSP is so much prettier after your facelifting :)

I updated SVE and reinstalled Kopernicus and Planetshine for no other reason that I thought I was not using the latest versions, but I was already.

Also picked up a new skybox for texture replacer and installed the high res versions of SVE textures.

While the start menu now reliably shows white clouds above Kerbin, the game itself will not load properly. I get a black screen, the loading orbits in the lower right stay on screen, all mods like KAC, RT - all that open up in the KSC view in existing or new games basically open their settings windows, but that's it.

I have two fresh logs from two starts of the game and a savegame (heavily modded ... but it worked for many days until I did what I did above.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qxcvyn3racnhdym/AAD6p6aB7Jne9xzSAv-ihQpIa?dl=0

One by one removing the new skybox, switching back to med res SVE textures, reverting to SVE 1.2.3, removing the new mods BetterBurnTime and Trajectories agin - I cannot get it working again.

So I start my journey with you and ask for help. :(

3 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

I updated SVE and reinstalled Kopernicus and Planetshine for no other reason that I thought I was not using the latest versions, but I was already.

Also picked up a new skybox for texture replacer and installed the high res versions of SVE textures.

While the start menu now reliably shows white clouds above Kerbin, the game itself will not load properly. I get a black screen, the loading orbits in the lower right stay on screen, all mods like KAC, RT - all that open up in the KSC view in existing or new games basically open their settings windows, but that's it.

I have two fresh logs from two starts of the game and a savegame (heavily modded ... but it worked for many days until I did what I did above.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qxcvyn3racnhdym/AAD6p6aB7Jne9xzSAv-ihQpIa?dl=0

One by one removing the new skybox, switching back to med res SVE textures, reverting to SVE 1.2.3, removing the new mods BetterBurnTime and Trajectories agin - I cannot get it working again.

So I start my journey with you and ask for help. :(

Did you redownload the textures?

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Did you redownload the textures?

I did just now. Changed nothing. Uploaded two new logs to the same link above.

Removing the entire lot of SVE, Scatterer, Kopernicus and Planetshine helped though ...

Just now, KerbMav said:

I did just now. Changed nothing. Uploaded two new logs to the same link above.

Removing the entire lot of SVE, Scatterer, Kopernicus and Planetshine helped though ...

Post a picture of you gamedata and of the inside of your SVE folder. I have a feeling you are installin incorrectly. 

24 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

Dropboxed SVE and Mods2 jpg

There are A LOT of null refs. Remove all of your mods and only install SVE and its dependencies. Then begin adding your mods back a few at a time until the issue occurs again. Most of your errors are from kopernicus. Double check you have the latest versions of all of your mods. Also, SVT does not work correctly with the latest kopernicus. I don't recommend using it right now.

Edited by Galileo

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

There are A LOT of null refs. Remove all of your mods and only install SVE and its dependencies. Then begin adding your mods back a few at a time until the issue occurs again. Most of your errors are from kopernicus. Double check you have the latest versions of all of your mods. Also, SVT does not work correctly with the latest kopernicus. I don't reccomend using it right now.

I actually did update Kopernicus today then; the latest version was a few days old though and tired me did not notice at first that the "old" zip in my mod reservoir was not the version I used the last weeks.
So, stubborn me - since it worked before - now took the shortcut and reverted to Kopernicus 1.3.0 v2 (from v4).
Although I could live with a Jool without rings, because I use SIgma Dimensions I cannot give up on Kopernicus ... (would v3 work?)

All (apart from the start menu clouds, meh) is well again, thank you and sorry for the actually needless alarm!

On 6/27/2017 at 9:54 AM, Galileo said:

The changes are there, I just didn't create a new release for them. 

I'm unclear on what this means.  Should I download the 1.0 release zip (which is what the link in the OP points to), even though it's dated April 5 and doesn't appear to include the 1.2.4 changes?  Or should I download the latest files from master instead of using the release zip?

14 minutes ago, Wyzard said:

I'm unclear on what this means.  Should I download the 1.0 release zip (which is what the link in the OP points to), even though it's dated April 5 and doesn't appear to include the 1.2.4 changes?  Or should I download the latest files from master instead of using the release zip?

Ignore the date. It includes the 1.2.4 changes.

UPDATE 

v1.2.4.1

• Fixes supersized sun when scatterer is not installed

Download in the OP

Also, new pre-release version v1.2.5b compatible with the latest experimental Scatterer also available in the OP.

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.