[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

5 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hm... @Berlin I just took a peek at your download and I noted that it doesn't have TextureReplacer or Kopernicus. I'm curious, how do you intend to get the textures working? :confused:

I would have to add those of course :)

2 minutes ago, Berlin said:

I would have to add those of course :)

Ahh... :wink: I'm curious if you'll be reaping the full benefits of Kopernicus :) - There's a lot of intriguing effects that can be had with it, none of which I understand though. Have you ever considered working with @Proot? I've always thought it would be interesting to see an official SVE-KSPRC combination, especially seeing your new release.

8 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Ahh... :wink: I'm curious if you'll be reaping the full benefits of Kopernicus :) - There's a lot of intriguing effects that can be had with it, none of which I understand though. Have you ever considered working with @Proot? I've always thought it would be interesting to see an official SVE-KSPRC combination, especially seeing your new release.

I know there are so many awesome things that can be done with kopernicus but sadly I'm lost on almost all of it. :)  @Nhawks17 made a thread if I'm not mistaken on how to get the two mods to work together but I haven't read it :/

3 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

@Berlin Are you using commercial dropbox hosting? If using the free version I'd suggest finding another host as such a large package will quickly hit your download limits. Curseforge, Spacedock or Github are all good alternatives.

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

Yeah,  I planned on it.  Github(hopefully)  and spacedock will be up and running today and heck,  why not,  curseforge.  Thanks for the recommendations! 

It's funny that you mention that, I've been using dropbox to host my mods since July 2nd of 2014. Just over two years of today... good heavens I never thought I'd be able to look back in time and say something like that. I should probably move all of my mods over to Spacedock myself. :/

8 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

I am unsure as to why anyone would use anything other than a Git for their primary source for hosting.

Because it's confusing? :P I never took the time to look deeper than the list of oddly named buttons :confused:. I also- have not the foggiest clue how to code, which may or may not be aiding my point lol

Edited by Avera9eJoe

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Im not sure about combining it "officially". i like the fact that different ppl are developing different things and that u COULD combine it, if u want and know-how.
I think this thread may be the "closest" to an official combination, since it is signed by @Nhawks17 :wink:

But combining might bring less innovations / ideas / tryouts - VARIATIONS - since with different mods, they have the opportunity to go different ways and do "their own thing".

Edited by Speadge

Hello

great mod! Visual effects are awesome, but it makes my games lagging, even with the low resolution download. I got around 70 mods and i noticed that as soon as i remove EVE and SVE, there's no more lagging and no more clouds...!!

Any chances or any idea to get improvment on that lagging?

i don't miss RAM, i got 24Go but it's not the problem....

12 minutes ago, gilflo said:

Hello

great mod! Visual effects are awesome, but it makes my games lagging, even with the low resolution download. I got around 70 mods and i noticed that as soon as i remove EVE and SVE, there's no more lagging and no more clouds...!!

Any chances or any idea to get improvment on that lagging?

i don't miss RAM, i got 24Go but it's not the problem....

you can try without scatterer. That's the heaviest part of this mod. that should help you and you'll have clouds!

1 hour ago, Poodmund said:

@Nhawks17 should add you as a contributor to the SVE Git repo and let you run wild with it. At this stage, I am unsure as to why anyone would use anything other than a Git for their primary source for hosting.

Yeah I've offered it. Berlin said he wasn't versed in how to use Github, but if he ever does, I'll be adding him in a heartbeat because it is a lot easier and simplifies things greatly!

2 hours ago, antilochus said:

What are the big changes between Nhawks's latest SVE and 1.0.1 here? (I see particle effects is bundled, for one, and the HR is 225MB vs UR was 90MB...)

There's a lot of changes included in Berlin's SVE. I'd honestly just download it yourself and take a look. It's totally worth the download.

10 minutes ago, AndrewHere said:

Has this been updated on Ckan yet?

Not unless someone does it for me

Speaking of, @Nhawks17 should you request SVE gets taken off ckan? I don't know if my update will throw it off

Edited by Berlin

16 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

There's a lot of changes included in Berlin's SVE. I'd honestly just download it yourself and take a look. It's totally worth the download.

He pretty much remade the textures from the ground up 

17 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Oh, I 100% will download tonight -- I'm just at work and really curious after seeing some nice screenshots on reddit :)

Never liked CKAN myself... too much hassle for me every time I release something to update it there and half of the mods are hosted by someone other than their original creators. Hm... @politas and @VITAS if it was somehow combined with spacedock to link and auto-update files when they're updated on spacedock though that would change my opinions :).

Edited by Avera9eJoe

6 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Never liked CKAN myself... too much hassle for me every time I release something to update it there and half of the mods are hosted by someone other than their original creators. Hm... @politas and @VITAS if it was somehow combined with spacedock to auto-update mods and versions though that would change my opinions :).

that would be nice

oh btw I'm uploading to spacedock right now but with out the planet textures. I am too lazy tired to set it up right now. I was literally up all night getting this ready for

release. I have no energy lol my eyes burn from looking at this screen

Edited by Berlin

29 minutes ago, Berlin said:

Not unless someone does it for me

Speaking of, @Nhawks17 should you request SVE gets taken off ckan? I don't know if my update will throw it off

Lol I have no idea what has been done with SVE and CKAN. I requested them to take it off awhile ago but all they did was try to fix it which didn't work out.

2 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Lol I have no idea what has been done with SVE and CKAN. I requested them to take it off awhile ago but all they did was try to fix it which didn't work out.

cool well its not a priority for me so eh

3 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

Aaand that's why I don't use CKAN :D :P

2 hours ago, Berlin said:

you can try without scatterer. That's the heaviest part of this mod. that should help you and you'll have clouds!

That's the opposite that is happening: When I remove Scatterer, the game still lag, if I keep it and remove Eve and SVE, it does not lag!!!

Looking good Berlin, Some nice clouds in here, and Laythe looks amazing! Now we can tell the difference between Kerbin and Laythe now at a glance! The aurora textures as well look awesome. You never fail to impress, Great work!

Edited by Duski

3 hours ago, Nhawks17 said:

Sorry about that. We've had a change in policy. I'll take SVE out now. I think you may have added some Scatterer config files that aren't being handled by CKAN, so it's doing it wrong.

8 minutes ago, Duski said:

Looking good Berlin, Some nice clouds in here, and Laythe looks amazing! Now we can tell the difference between Kerbin and Laythe now at a glance! The aurora textures as well look awesome. You never fail to impress, Great work!

Thanks bro! Thats all I wanted was to differentiate between Kerbin and Laythe. Thanks for noticing!  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.