[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Enhancements [v1.4.1] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

5 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

@Sigma88 didn't you add support for correct cloud scaling in Dimensions? Maybe I'm wrong I just thought I remembered him poking me about it awhile back.

I did add support for cloud scaling, this is how it works:

cloud layers "altitude" gets multiplied in order to remain at the same relative distance from the planet.

so if you have the layer at 6000 meters on stock kerbin, and resize kerbin 10x, then you will get the cloud layer at 60000 meters

there is also a parameter that allow for custom resize of cloud layers:

@EVE_CLOUDS:BEFORE[SigDim2]
{
	@OBJECT // you need to target the object you desire
	{
		%customResize = 5
	}
}

this will resize clouds by 5 instead of by 10

2 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I did add support for cloud scaling, this is how it works:

cloud layers "altitude" gets multiplied in order to remain at the same relative distance from the planet.

so if you have the layer at 6000 meters on stock kerbin, and resize kerbin 10x, then you will get the cloud layer at 60000 meters

there is also a parameter that allow for custom resize of cloud layers:

@EVE_CLOUDS:BEFORE[SigDim2]
{
	@OBJECT // you need to target the object you desire
	{
		%customResize = 5
	}
}

this will resize clouds by 5 instead of by 10

Where have I been?  How did I not know this!? 

Oh. My. God. This is simply amazing. :D You are definetely the best choice for taking over this mod. I'm thrilled what more you will make of this, but I know it is going to be fantastic. Congrats on having the honor to bring SVE into Releases and keep it on its path of further greatness. 

Also a shoutout to @Nhawks17 and a huge thanks for all your previous work on SVE. 

Just now, Dr Farnsworth said:

I just downloaded and installed the mod. No clouds on Kerbin. Is there any known conflicts with other mods that could be causing this?

Ohh wait... Make sure you delete the "BoulderCo" folder out of Game Data. Problem solved.

there shouldn't be a boulderco file unless you had eve installed prior and just forgot to delete it?

That blazing trail tho...

Jio9Sxc.png

Amazing, it totally got me off guard, i was flying then i noticed some unusual sparkles, i turned the camera, and i was like "OMG i'm super fast! wooooo!"

Jokes aside, i'm super glad you took over the mod, keep up the good work man!

Edited by Stocchinet

36 minutes ago, Stocchinet said:

That blazing trail tho...

Jio9Sxc.png

Amazing, it totally got me off guard, i was flying then i noticed some unusual sparkles, i turned the camera, and i was like "OMG i'm super fast! wooooo!"

Jokes aside, i'm super glad you took over the mod, keep up the good work man!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: SO COOL!

okay so I know so far the mod has been pretty well received, however, I HAVE JUST HAD A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH WITH KOPERNICUS! Not major for others but major for me.  SVE will never be the same. Update to follow soontm

Edited by Berlin

From what I've seen, SVE will probably work with 64K. I'll download it once I have access to my PC.

Let's just hope my PC is powerful enough (btw to other users of potato computers: what are your framerates?).

Edit: It may be a good idea to download the update @Berlin said was coming soonTM.

Edited by TotallyNotHuman_
In what universe is this editor a good idea!?

7 minutes ago, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

From what I've seen, SVE will probably work with 64K. I'll download it once I have access to my PC.

Let's just hope my PC is powerful enough (btw to other users of potato computers: what are your framerates?).

Edit: It may be a good idea to download the update @Berlin said was coming soonTM.

I'm sure it will work.  The easier way may be to just use Sigma Dimensions 

Woohoo!

I'm going to try downloading the HR version because why the hell not. If it manages to lag the crap out of my computer (which is weird, because it is going strong right now with thirty-odd mods) then I'll downgrade to the MR of even LR.

Edit: @Berlin, you mentioned in the OP that SVE should be used alongside Scatterer (which does not support rescale mods unfortunately). So if I don't use Scatterer, what am I missing out on?

11 minutes ago, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

Woohoo!

I'm going to try downloading the HR version because why the hell not. If it manages to lag the crap out of my computer (which is weird, because it is going strong right now with thirty-odd mods) then I'll downgrade to the MR of even LR.

Edit: @Berlin, you mentioned in the OP that SVE should be used alongside Scatterer (which does not support rescale mods unfortunately). So if I don't use Scatterer, what am I missing out on?

Just the atmospheric/ hazy look. 

but scatterer does scale very well with Sigma Dimensions. I suggest you try it.  I may or may not be using it next update

Edited by Berlin

Maybe some new textures soon? @Nhawks17 @sDaZe

7QUcnlI.png

4 hours ago, KerbalsRock said:

Is there any reason that clouds wouldn't show up? I just installed the mod and scatterer, but no clouds are there.

no there is no reason unless you didn't install correctly. try a fresh install.

Edited by Berlin

47 minutes ago, KerbalsRock said:

Is there any reason that clouds wouldn't show up? I just installed the mod and scatterer, but no clouds are there.

Make sure to fully extract the files into your gamedata folder, as opposed to leaving the entire pack in one folder. Here's some images:

25f02cc2dc.png
 ^Don't just put the above highlighted folder into your GameData folder. Instead, go a couple folders down inside (next image below).

dfd9722059.png
^ Put *those* above highlighted folders in the GameData folder.

EDIT: And make sure to delete previous copies of the mods included with SVE.

Edited by Anase Skyrider

3 minutes ago, Anase Skyrider said:

Make sure to fully extract the files into your gamedata folder, as opposed to leaving the entire pack in one folder. Here's some images:

25f02cc2dc.png
 ^Don't just put the above highlighted folder into your GameData folder. Instead, go a couple folders down inside (next image below).

dfd9722059.png
^ Put *those* above highlighted folders in the GameData folder.

might steal this for the OP thanks. doesn't get much easier than this!

56 minutes ago, Berlin said:

might steal this for the OP thanks. doesn't get much easier than this!

Make sure to save and reupload those images elsewhere. I hosted those images with Puush, which are temporary links. They'll last a good while, but not forever.

EDIT1: In fact, let me make something that's even clearer to understand (yes, it can be done). I don't want to post too repeatedly, so I'll just PM it to you.

EDIT2: If anyone wants to see what I made (spoiler alert: it's really awful and simplistic looking), then go ahead.
http://puu.sh/pVqKt/95ecdc92b7.png

Edited by Anase Skyrider

[snipped]

My computer cannot run SVE at all at a reasonable framerate. I am sad.

This probably has something to do with the lack of a graphics card (it died a few months prior) but I can't get one of those until next year.

;.;

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.