1.1.x and wheels problems... Continued

to keep it short... Why can't I climb a relatively shallow hill on Eve with a rover with ruggedized wheels? The rover weights around 19t (more like a truck) and the engine seems not to have the power to climb a miserably small slope...

any ideas to go around this or rovers are simply dead from 1.1.x?

Note: in a game version prior to 1.0.2 this rover truck climbs it without a problem

Edited by Jaeleth

3 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Do you have the motors turned on for all the wheels? Ie. 2 wheel drive vs. 4 wheel drive.

I'd try tweaking the friction on the wheels, auto doesn't always work the best.

Best of luck!

Yep... I never let friction on auto and always max it out since rovers aren't suppose to skid. And engine is on in all wheels, I even replaced the original 8 wheels on that design by 16 wheels... The whole bottom of the rover is filled with wheels and... It simply doesn't climbs the rolling hills of eve

A lower center of gravity may help. (Same thing as center of mass.)

Try taking some jet engines and turning them upside down, and clipping them into the body of the rover, this'll push the COM way down, possibly even below the ground itself.

This may give your wheels more torque effectively but I can't be sure how it'll work on Eve without testing.

19 tons in 1.7G uphill with electric wheels...yeah, they're not powerful enough for that. More wheels is the solution, I suspect.

Wheels in 1.1.x are not really comparable to 1.0.x wheels, they now have much more realistic mass and power limitations.

Also: Moved over to Gameplay Questions.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.