[1.2.2] Contract Pack: Historical Progression (v1.5 - 4/24/2017)

pap1723

19 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Well in any case this is a small drop in the middle of an ocean of awesomeness. The mod is great, congratulations on the patience you had making it - not to mention all the research. 

Btw, I use this mod for ages now. I noticed in more recent versions it got a little lighter (there used to be an unnecessarily high number of missions). You clearly tweaked it down to just the most historically relevant missions. That was a good move. It was boring to have to impact the moon like 10 times until you could finally move along. However you improve this mod in the future, do try to keep it down to the most relevant missions.. imagine the boredom it would be to have to go through, for instance, all the 20 ou 30-something 'corona' missions, half of which were failures ... 

I only removed a small amount of missions. But one of the missions currently in the pack that is unnecessary is the Kosmos mission that requires docking. It is unnecessary after the Gemini 8 mission so I will probably remove that one as well. I will add some of the more futuristic missions at some point down the road, but will probably not be adding any missions in the current timeline. 

Is this Luna 16?

46 minutes ago, Daniel Prates said:

Luna 13 is also bugged somehow. I did everything and cant complete it. In mission control the requisite "transmit etc" checks complete, but the sub-requisite "transmit:recover" does not.

Or do I have to return it, like lunokhod, to perhaps unstuck it?

6 hours ago, pap1723 said:

But....there is no Luna 13 in the mission pack.

Yep. Luna 13. I took a shot of the screen should you want an email of it.

So it wasnt supposed to exist? Maybe thats the bug right there.

The sad thing is, though optional, it is a link in a several missions' chain. Guess i wont be able to complete them.

17 hours ago, Daniel Prates said:

Yep. Luna 13. I took a shot of the screen should you want an email of it.

So it wasnt supposed to exist? Maybe thats the bug right there.

The sad thing is, though optional, it is a link in a several missions' chain. Guess i wont be able to complete them.

@Daniel Prates Damn, you are right!!! It is one of the optional Moon landing missions!

There is absolutely no reason that it is not working. It is the same exact mission as Luna 9 and the other Surveyor missions as well (like the code has been re-used and only the names have changed). You should be able to transmit the science back. This one I would chalk up to a Kraken issue.

15 hours ago, metalpoetza said:

SSRSS detection seems to be broken. First sounding rock mission is wanting me to hist 92000m - which is the RSS height, but for SSRSS it should be around 63000m so it seems the RSS detection is overriding the SSRSS flags.

@metalpoetza

That is an interesting situation. It used to work with the previous version of SSRSS before they started over. It is obviously an issue with Sigma Dimensions, but I don't know why this would just show up now. @Sigma88 any ideas? Is it a Module Manager order of operations issue possibly?

@pap1723

I didn't follow the discussion, could you explain why it's obvious that it's a SD issue?

I'm working on a new release, I might be able to include the fix for this as well.

But I don't see how this could be related to SD to be honest

Edited by Sigma88

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

@pap1723

I didn't follow the discussion, could you explain why it's obvious that it's a SD issue?

I'm working on a new release, I might be able to include the fix for this as well.

But I don't see how this could be related to SD to be honest

@Sigma88

So, what the contract does is it looks for the data of the planet and returns it as a parameter. In this particular contract, it is pulling the data for the altitude where the upper atmosphere starts. HomeWorld.AtmopshereAltitude - 20000 (Get the altitude in meters of Space and subtract 20,000 meters)

This is taking the value of the RSS data and missing out on the fact that the planet's atmosphere has been resized.

It could be a different issue, but I believe that it has to be caused by Contract Configurator missing some value from Sigma Dim.

@pap1723 sorry to drag this on, its on the intention of improving the mod if I can help to.

So i noticed that when i launch, the mission requisites will seek any craft in the kerbol system that are able to fulfill the mission parameters. Several at once, for that matter. I also wondered if the "transmit science" has to be "new" science.

So what I did was to delete some other craft I had scattered around and launch a brand new one. Also, I used an experiment that had not been done before.

That did it! It unstuck the mission. 

1 hour ago, pap1723 said:

@Sigma88

So, what the contract does is it looks for the data of the planet and returns it as a parameter. In this particular contract, it is pulling the data for the altitude where the upper atmosphere starts. HomeWorld.AtmopshereAltitude - 20000 (Get the altitude in meters of Space and subtract 20,000 meters)

This is taking the value of the RSS data and missing out on the fact that the planet's atmosphere has been resized.

It could be a different issue, but I believe that it has to be caused by Contract Configurator missing some value from Sigma Dim.

Sigma Dimensions changes that parameter in the kopernicus cfg, which means by the time the plugin looks at this parameter it should find it already changed.

what are the actual values pulled from the planet?

Just now, Sigma88 said:

Sigma Dimensions changes that parameter in the kopernicus cfg, which means by the time the plugin looks at this parameter it should find it already changed.

what are the actual values pulled from the planet?

I am going to have to do some testing. I won't be able to get to that until later on.

I'm having an issue with missions like Apollo 16, it attaches the completion of the mission to the rover, so is expecting me to get the rover back, if I get the kerbal off the rover seems to take it, but as soon as I get in the rover it attaches the completion of the mission to the rover.

9 minutes ago, Noobton said:

I'm having an issue with missions like Apollo 16, it attaches the completion of the mission to the rover, so is expecting me to get the rover back, if I get the kerbal off the rover seems to take it, but as soon as I get in the rover it attaches the completion of the mission to the rover.

I had the same issue, same with Apollo 17.

I’ve had multiple issue with a couple of mission. I haven’t been able to document them all. If you just want to continue with the career, like me, you can use alt+F12 to get into the debug menu and manually complete the contract there.

13 hours ago, Noobton said:

@NoobtonThis is an issue that was identified earlier where the contract was attaching the parameters to teh rover. I have fixed this and will post and update on Monday.

13 hours ago, Moiety said:

I had the same issue, same with Apollo 17.

I’ve had multiple issue with a couple of mission. I haven’t been able to document them all. If you just want to continue with the career, like me, you can use alt+F12 to get into the debug menu and manually complete the contract there.

@Moiety Yes, there are some quirks with the Contract System using Contract Configurator. Actually, reading the Dev Notes this week makes it sound like one of the big problems will be fixed. Each craft will have a persistent ID that follows them for the entirety of the game. Contract Configurator tries to do the same, but it seems to be buggy at times.

1 hour ago, pap1723 said:

This is an issue that was identified earlier where the contract was attaching the parameters to teh rover. I have fixed this and will post and update on Monday.

Awesome, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Moiety said:

I’m progressing nicely through the entire pack now. However, STS-41G lists STS-41B as a pre-requisit, but I don’t see that mission listed anywhere :(.

Can you confirm that STS-41B is not listed anywhere? I just looked at the code and it should be. It followed STS-9 and was the first time there was an untethered space walk. 

2 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

Can you confirm that STS-41B is not listed anywhere? I just looked at the code and it should be. It followed STS-9 and was the first time there was an untethered space walk. 

Hmprf, I see it in the code too, only requirement is STS-9, which I did. I’ll see if I can re-generate it somehow.

18 hours ago, Moiety said:

@pap1723 there seems to be an issue with the mission, Contract Configurator debug menu (alt+F10) shows the mission in red.

@Moiety, can you tell me what your debug screen alt-10 says about the mission. There is something in your save that it doesn't like. I just loaded up my test version and am not seeing it as red. 

Alternatively, you can post the STS-41B debug file created by Contract configurator. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.