[KSP 1.3.1] KEI - Kerbin Environmental Institute(1.2.3) 2017-10-11

RealGecko

• 1 month later...

It didn't take long after starting my new playthrough before I had to come back and install this mod.   It would be cool if you could set the multiplier for science gain separately for this mod.   I normally play on like 50% science, but I think I would have like 20% set for this.   Which I suppose you could just go into settings and change it, then change it back after running KEI... 

1 hour ago, eberkain said:

It didn't take long after starting my new playthrough before I had to come back and install this mod.   It would be cool if you could set the multiplier for science gain separately for this mod.   I normally play on like 50% science, but I think I would have like 20% set for this.   Which I suppose you could just go into settings and change it, then change it back after running KEI... 

This is an excellent idea.

sad to day, @RealGecko hasn’t been around since November 

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 11/5/2017 at 3:01 AM, BRAAAP_STUTUTU said:

i suspect it's part of BDDB (Bluedog Design Bureau stockalike gemini and nasa parts)

Resurrecting a slightly older post because I think I figured out what is breaking KEI. 

Bluedog Design Bureau includes a MM patch that modifies 4 parts with integrated Geiger Counters to use the FASA geiger counter scidef when FASA is installed.... BUT if you do not have FASA installed, but DO have FASA Launch Clamps Continued  installed, which uses the FASA folder, instead of it's own, the patched experiments do not have a correctly named scidef and it breaks KEI.  Either need to remove the Launch Clamps Continues mod, install the full FASA mod, or comment out the patches in Bluedog_DB\Compatibility\sciencedefs_compatibility.cfg for it to work correctly.  (could probably just rename the folder the launchClamps uses, but don't know if that will break the clamps or not.) 

I commented out the patch and KEI is working again.

On 12/29/2017 at 6:54 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

This is an excellent idea.

sad to day, @RealGecko hasn’t been around since November 

I've got another idea.   How about once you collect science from one situation/biome on kerbin then the mod can collect any future science from that same situation/biome on kerbin.   Getting a new experiment unlocked and flying it around to a bunch of different places on kerbin gets really tedious after a couple playthroughs. 

36 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I've got another idea.   How about once you collect science from one situation/biome on kerbin then the mod can collect any future science from that same situation/biome on kerbin.   Getting a new experiment unlocked and flying it around to a bunch of different places on kerbin gets really tedious after a couple playthroughs. 

That's an interesting idea, I'll keep it in mind

8 hours ago, eberkain said:

Getting a new experiment unlocked and flying it around to a bunch of different places on kerbin gets really tedious after a couple playthroughs. 

This is the main reason why I don't like starting new career games.

Edited by Wyzard

I've created a new thread for this, please move all discussion over there:

10 hours ago, westamastaflash said:

@linuxgurugamer 

If you think you've already got too much on your plate, I'd be happy to take a look at this one and start supporting / enhancing it.

Go ahead and have fun, but could you check with me first before making major changes?  Pull from my repo on Github