[Console] Seperate Forums

QPDO

Suggestion and Request: With a lot of new players entering the fray I'd like to suggest a seperate forum for at least PS4 Technical Support, PS4 Gameplay Discussion and PS4 Suggestions. It's already hard enough to follow the discussion with people between vanilla and RSS+TCC+ABFS+KKLT+KAS+TAC. Imagine the turmoil when every second poster and his dad suggests using a mod that cant be used as the original poster plays on console or vice versa.

Moved over to the Kerbal Network, as this suggestion is for the forum itself rather than the game.

I think the plan is to have a separate tech support subforum for consoles but leave gameplay questions and suggestions in with the rest of the community. I don't see it as being all that different from a gameplay question or suggestion from a stock purist, all it takes is "I don't use mods" to keep it on track.

1 minute ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I haven't seen official word on that yet but seeing as it hasn't been mentioned so close to release I'm betting the answer is no.

I hope it stays this way. I would hate to see the KSP community become divided over the platform that the game is played on. Soon, I could see it fracturing between PC versus Mac (well, the console guys have their own forum, so why shouldn't we...) and well, it would simply never be the same.

Eh, I play on both PC and Mac (Ok guys, calm down, you don't both need to burn me in effigy, just once will be fine, please) and the forums are just fine for me no matter which platform I've had a problem on.

I feel reasonably certain that it can remain the same way with the console players, too. I've seen a lot about how they are going to be immature, but I don't buy that.

If we as a forum can behave like adults to everyone, than there's no reason to expect to have misbehaving users here, too. People adapt to the society they live in, and that applies online, too. In other forums I act quite differently, which is one of the many reasons I try not to mix them. For one, it's a different account, and I don't think it displays the best side of me. I am more proud of my actions on the KSP forums, where I'm nicer and more patient. On the other account, I am not so nice, but I feel like that is a reflection of the people around me, too. Humans feel a strong social pressure to fit in, and that applies to everything we do.

1 hour ago, Majorjim said:

Anyone know if console players will be able to download other peoples craft or upload their own? I hope so otherwise, pitchforks on standby.

I highly doubt it,  and i think i remember hearing FT staight up say no but without a source link i dont wanna make that claim..

planning on building ships on pc so that you can have a Dv readout? lol

I disagree partially. 

Completely agree about separate tech support, slightly disagree about the gameplay questions with the one concern that there may be different bugs encountered on consider that we as keyboard/whatever u use right now can't help with. Price me wrong please though, I'm quite open to any...

CONSOLing arguements!

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 2:34 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

Will the console versions even be able to be modded? Since as I understand it games like Minecraft can't be modded as it violates a contract or something like that. 

So as I know, consoles and mods shouldn't be a problem.

you can mod fallout 4 for xb1 so idont see it being a problem

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.