Bugs I've encountered on ps4 so far

Watched a streamer who was playing on a prerelease xBox copy from Squad.  He was trying to fly a plane to the north pole.  I have never seen this before, but he was getting huge lag spikes and the planet could barely draw itself in front of him.  There was huge chunks of land missing in front of him.  He was playing for quite some time, a few hours.  Not sure if you PS4 people have been experiencing that too.

Edited by klesh
Spelling

10 hours ago, klesh said:

I am still seeing quite a bit of crashing, like alot.  Every streamer has crashed after an hour or two or playing.  Ive seen crashes on Recover Vessel, Staging, and VAB activity.

That's so weird, I played 2 hours, then another 1 hour, never crashed once

25 minutes ago, Swacer said:

That's so weird, I played 2 hours, then another 1 hour, never crashed once

Perhaps its the additional strain of streaming to twitch? I have no idea what additional resources, if any, it requires from the console. 

On 7/12/2016 at 8:02 PM, noobsrtoast said:

1. A complete loss of control upon takeoff, unable to do anything 

2. Landing gear appears to be using low friction tires now, as I cannot takeoff without sliding all over the place

3. There's no fine controls button

1. We really need more details on how to reproduce this one. The steps that you took before this happened could be revealing. You have ruled out being in pointer mode, but there are other valid reasons for a loss of control. Has the craft flown successfully already? Running out of electric charge with a probe core is an example. If possible, try to explain the situation as fully as possible, so we can investigate.

2. There could be a number of reasons for this. Steering while on the ground and travelling at significant speed (we are often travelling faster than we realise) will make any plane slide. If the plane does not travel in a straight line, check that your wheels are not canted as this can make them unstable. Asymmetric parts can induce drag on one side that will also cause an aircraft to veer.

3. Precision control can be turned on with Mod (Left or right bumper) and tap the left stick.

Flight and wheels are fine, it is just about fine tuning, I suggest watching some videos about it, even in basic design basic parts mine seems to work fine, other times (when I don't pay attention fully to details) it wobbles...correct my gear, correct com and lift, and I'm in the air.

I am still wondering if anyone has done an eva in space, let go of the craft and been able to traverse up and down without dicking around with the camera, orienting, adjusting speeds, adjusting adjusting adjusting, camera, adjust...realize you spent 15 mins to make it back to the hatch because while you can traverse up, you couldn't go down.

With all the controls, this seems like it would be easy enough to fix, you have traverse up working, so how did the coding for one button get messed up.

On July 15, 2016 at 7:19 PM, Martin Moon said:

It just stopped letting me click orbits for maneuvers/timewarp. It doesn't even show the little sphere on the orbit.

Got that bug on PC as well last night.  Fix for me was to switch to another craft in orbit, and then switch as able to place maneuver nodes.   You'll find this bug happens with a fair ammount a frequency.  

On 7/12/2016 at 3:02 PM, noobsrtoast said:

1. A complete loss of control upon takeoff, unable to do anything 

2. Landing gear appears to be using low friction tires now, as I cannot takeoff without sliding all over the place

3. There's no fine controls button

got any others, post em here 

game breaking crash bugs that corrupts the save file is a major issue,  its happened 3 times to me now.   about 12 crashes, 4 freezes.   and 3 of those caused corruption.  one caused me to have to unplug my ps4 cause it froze the entire thing.   Hitting the button to take your rocket to launch in the VAB has caused most of the crashes, going EVA has done it twice

there is also some sort of phantom rotational force that sometimes shows up,  last night on a ship that i had used 5+ times to travel across the system,  it randomly started to rotate upwards on the navball no matter what i did, and i couldnt get it to stop. SAS was useless and caused it to speed up its rotation.   i would use the warp to stable it, and it would get going again. i spun my rocket t see if i could get it to rotate in another direction, and it would still just be upwards on the navball, no matter what side was on that direction.  I staged out the entire rocket to get to the pod+deorbit stage, and it was still doing it.

the view from above trophy is broken atm,   so the platinum is unachievable until thats fixed.

So that game crash bug, along with the corrupt save (happened once for me, I know lucky), has freaked me out so much I save to the online storage now.  Also I only complete a couple of contracts, hop out of the game and upload it.  It still crashes from time to time, but at least that save is there (don't get me wrong I cringe everytime).

On 7/15/2016 at 4:19 PM, Martin Moon said:

It just stopped letting me click orbits for maneuvers/timewarp. It doesn't even show the little sphere on the orbit.

I had this happen twice. Once was during the orbit the mun training mission. I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out if I did something wrong or if I clicked something I shouldn't have. I backed out and started it again and it still persisted, I had to reload the game and then it was fine. 

On 7/12/2016 at 1:01 PM, noobsrtoast said:

No, it was stuck like that until the eventual crash, I've also noticed my planes uncontrollably fishtailing and spinning out, even with sas, as if the landing gear has been greased with oil, it's really annoying and making planes impossible to make

To "solve" that fishtailing issue, I've begun strapping SRBs to my planes and launching them from the VAB. It sure gets them into the air!

I have probably played more hours of the PS4 version than I should admit. Bugs I have run into so far.

1. Corrupt save file. I have seen this from crashes while doing a variety of things from EVA, Returning to space port while in Orbit, and Reverting flights. The work around is to routinely save your game to either a USB drive or upload the save to the cloud. Both of these require you to close the application and then relaunch it (which is not the speediest of processes). I uploaded my game to the cloud last night and this morning discovered my save was corrupt and i over wrote the file in the cloud with a corrupt file... RIP 30 hours of career mode

2. Cant set maneuver nodes suddenly. I have not been able to isolate what is causing this, but when it happens I have to close the application and relaunch.

Suggestions

1. SAS to continue to function when in pointer mode ( I mean seriously the PC players are always in pointer mode and SAS still works.

2. Having markers on the Orbit such as Peri, Apo, ascending nodes, and descending nodes to name a few. to not stop you when the mouse crosses one while adjusting a maneuver node.

3. RCS control complete revamp. Set R2 and L2 to always rotate you on the x axis. R1 and L1 to rotate you on the y axis and the anolog stick for everything else. Having to toggle between the 2 different functions is not practicle and needlessly complicates docking ships (which lets face it is already a dance with chaos)

4. Move the Modifier key from L1 and/or R1. to just R1 and us L1 for zooming in and out in the map + Analog and for Zooming in and out while flying. It doing both in the map has lead to me being refocused off my ship while fine tuning a burn and has screwed it up more often than not.

5. Move some of the functions to the touch pad. (Zoom in and out would be nice here as well) Be practicle in your application of the touch pad. It is very rarely used intuitively

6. When plotting an encounter allow a way to zoom in on the encounter to help fine tune it, (Unless I am missing something the only soltion I have found is to flip the camera around and soom out till the camera passes the encounter so it is nice and big on my screen).

7. Allow an option to increase font sizes. I play on a 60" TV and sit 15ft away. The orbit numbers as well as all text in the map is insanely hard to read. I find my self getting up and standing in the middle of the room when doing any critical maneuvers in space.

8. Maybe add a way to map custom action groups to various keys using a modifier. The menu you can pull up is not overly fun to use.

9. Move the text when you EVA off center of screen. It pops up and tell you what to push to let go or board the ship but it covers up your kerbal.

I love this game, I loved it for years on PC and love having it on my console. The suggestions or just from a gaming nerd who loves his PS4 and KSP and wants it to be the best it can be!

Priority needs to be fixing the crashes and the corrupt saves. these 2 things will kill the console community fast. They are not use to having to deal with these sorts of things and will jump ship fast over it.

Off to restart my career for the 3rd time due to corrupt save files.

3 hours ago, DigitalPunk said:

I have probably played more hours of the PS4 version than I should admit. Bugs I have run into so far.

1. Corrupt save file. I have seen this from crashes while doing a variety of things from EVA, Returning to space port while in Orbit, and Reverting flights. The work around is to routinely save your game to either a USB drive or upload the save to the cloud. Both of these require you to close the application and then relaunch it (which is not the speediest of processes). I uploaded my game to the cloud last night and this morning discovered my save was corrupt and i over wrote the file in the cloud with a corrupt file... RIP 30 hours of career mode

2. Cant set maneuver nodes suddenly. I have not been able to isolate what is causing this, but when it happens I have to close the application and relaunch.

Suggestions

1. SAS to continue to function when in pointer mode ( I mean seriously the PC players are always in pointer mode and SAS still works.

2. Having markers on the Orbit such as Peri, Apo, ascending nodes, and descending nodes to name a few. to not stop you when the mouse crosses one while adjusting a maneuver node.

3. RCS control complete revamp. Set R2 and L2 to always rotate you on the x axis. R1 and L1 to rotate you on the y axis and the anolog stick for everything else. Having to toggle between the 2 different functions is not practicle and needlessly complicates docking ships (which lets face it is already a dance with chaos)

4. Move the Modifier key from L1 and/or R1. to just R1 and us L1 for zooming in and out in the map + Analog and for Zooming in and out while flying. It doing both in the map has lead to me being refocused off my ship while fine tuning a burn and has screwed it up more often than not.

5. Move some of the functions to the touch pad. (Zoom in and out would be nice here as well) Be practicle in your application of the touch pad. It is very rarely used intuitively

6. When plotting an encounter allow a way to zoom in on the encounter to help fine tune it, (Unless I am missing something the only soltion I have found is to flip the camera around and soom out till the camera passes the encounter so it is nice and big on my screen).

7. Allow an option to increase font sizes. I play on a 60" TV and sit 15ft away. The orbit numbers as well as all text in the map is insanely hard to read. I find my self getting up and standing in the middle of the room when doing any critical maneuvers in space.

8. Maybe add a way to map custom action groups to various keys using a modifier. The menu you can pull up is not overly fun to use.

9. Move the text when you EVA off center of screen. It pops up and tell you what to push to let go or board the ship but it covers up your kerbal.

I love this game, I loved it for years on PC and love having it on my console. The suggestions or just from a gaming nerd who loves his PS4 and KSP and wants it to be the best it can be!

Priority needs to be fixing the crashes and the corrupt saves. these 2 things will kill the console community fast. They are not use to having to deal with these sorts of things and will jump ship fast over it.

Off to restart my career for the 3rd time due to corrupt save files.

I like RCS the way it is,  when combined with SAS is makes it dead simple and you dont need to worry about rotation. (if both have sas you can even switch to the other and have them auto focus on each others ports)

for 6)  Click on your target in map view and select view,  or use r1/l1 to flip between bodies until you get to your target.  then you position the view to have your node way in the background.    but i also notice you saying your in career, so you may not have your tracking station upgraded to allow this yet.   If you mean a non SOI encounter,  try creating a second node at the encounter, focusing on that, and edit the first node. 

the issue around creating manuever nodes is in the PC version aswell, and has been there for some time.  some ways to get around it include quick saving and instantly loading,   going to the space center and then back to the vessel,   or  one thing i often do, aslong as i have an encounter, is focus on the target and im often able to create one there so i make one there, then change focus back to your vessel and you should be able to drag it back to where you want it.

Edited by DD_bwest
adding info

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.