Bugs I've encountered on ps4 so far

1. A complete loss of control upon takeoff, unable to do anything 

2. Landing gear appears to be using low friction tires now, as I cannot takeoff without sliding all over the place

3. There's no fine controls button

got any others, post em here 

13 minutes ago, DD_bwest said:

for number 1,  did you accidentally hit l3?   you can't control a cursor and the ship at the same time.

no, i know about that, sometimes after you get out of the sas menu, your ship goes limp, and any control inputs dont work, i tried activating and disabling the cursor

3 minutes ago, noobsrtoast said:

no, i know about that, sometimes after you get out of the sas menu, your ship goes limp, and any control inputs dont work, i tried activating and disabling the cursor

did it come back after a second?  ive noticed a short lock before they start to work, aswell as on a kerbal going on eva.  it locks him for a half second then you can control again.   happends alot when turning the cursor on and off

6 minutes ago, DD_bwest said:

did it come back after a second?  ive noticed a short lock before they start to work, aswell as on a kerbal going on eva.  it locks him for a half second then you can control again.   happends alot when turning the cursor on and off

No, it was stuck like that until the eventual crash, I've also noticed my planes uncontrollably fishtailing and spinning out, even with sas, as if the landing gear has been greased with oil, it's really annoying and making planes impossible to make

hmm ive never been big on the plane side.  much more of a rocket person. 

another thing i noticed,  which could become an issue on larger vehicles, but something caused all my stages to be merged into one big one and i had to re set them all up.  its happened on the pad and while in orbit

and my complaints are out of love lol i want this to succeed sooo bad so more love kerbals lol

i miss my mouse n keyboard lol

Edited by DD_bwest

3 minutes ago, DD_bwest said:

hmm ive never been big on the plane side.  much more of a rocket person. 

another thing i noticed,  which could become an issue on larger vehicles, but something caused all my stages to be merged into one big one and i had to re set them all up.  its happened on the pad and while in orbit

and my complaints are out of love lol i want this to succeed sooo bad so more love kerbals lol

i miss my mouse n keyboard lol

I miss my mouse and keyboard too, and yeah me too, but with this plane thing it's kind of impossible, it's damn near impossible to keep a plane straight on the runway 

27 minutes ago, justidutch said:

Haven't figured out how to timewarp faster than 4x.  Any ideas?

im not sure if there is a button combo that does it, but you can manually do it by clicking on the warp arrows in the corner.  thats what ive been doing so far 

the game also just gave me what i think is an impossible contract.   its a satelite with almost the same orbit as the mun except reverse.   so whenever i put something in the right spot itll sense an encounter and wont finish the contract...

Watching some people stream PS4 gameplay, it would appear KSP crashes on consoles as well.

Here's a guy restarting his stream after ksp crashed (again) for him.  

Edit #2:   Just watched a different guy take the Kerbal X out for a spin.  He was new and didnt know what was going on.   He complained it was really laggy, and as soon as he staged the first boosters off, the game crashed. His exact quote: " This games not worth the $40 bahah"   :(

Edited by klesh

Bugs?

• I had one VAB crash and had to restart.

Features that could do with a tweak :-

• I got caught out by SAS disengaging whilst having mouse pointer active.
  • I was very confused to begin with when I had mouse pointer active + hence couldn't stage to launch (so I launched by using the part popup on the engine + then the launch clamp) - I suspect if I (a) read the manual, or (b) did the tutorial, maybe I wouldn't have been caught out by this one?
  • I also kept finding myself switching focus in map view by accident due to needing to play the dualshock like a piccolo for some of the controls.

All trumped by my ability to forget to put docking ports on my station core ... and then once I'd managed a successful RV, realising the ship I was RVing with was a KerbalX, and hence it had a chute on its nose not a docking port! derp... PEBCAC. (problem exists between controller and chair).

KSP PS4 First Look Pt1

KSP PS4 First Look Pt2

Edited by timmers_uk
added youtube link to pt1

15 hours ago, noobsrtoast said:

1. A complete loss of control upon takeoff, unable to do anything 

2. Landing gear appears to be using low friction tires now, as I cannot takeoff without sliding all over the place

3. There's no fine controls button

got any others, post em here 

I think the fine controls is in there somewhere. You may just need to be out of mouse pointer mode to do the switch (and have to do a three fingered salute on the controller to activate it)

Edited by timmers_uk

I see some people with their UI's set up right, where its along the edge of the screen like I see on PC.   I see other people with a big gap between the edge of their screen and the UI.   Is that an issue, is there a way to tell them to fix it?   Is it UI scaling in the settings?

Here are my problems so far:

EVA r2 thrust doesn't work (maybe just for me)

Crashed, and corrupted my saves...starting a new career again.  FML

have to say this last one hurts the most, feeling like my balls were just kicked.

All the other stuff I can manage, but these two hurt, the first one takes having to move the camera position (r3), and completely fumbling around.  But that second one, ouch, my balls are starting hurt again just thinking about it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.