(v2.3) The Planet Six Probe Challenge: Now With Moons/Science Defs

2 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

@HoloYolo May I ask how much Delta-V your ship had when on the launchpad?

No Delta V mods and I guessed on the fuel I needed. Probably somewhere near 10 km/s. I can provide you with the ship and you can use KER to see how much it has.

2 minutes ago, HoloYolo said:

No Delta V mods and I guessed on the fuel I needed. Probably somewhere near 10 km/s. I can provide you with the ship and you can use KER to see how much it has.

You think your ship was overbuilt? Mine had 16k Delta-V and I nearly ran out of fuel! I really need to plot my trajectories.

Edited by Elowiny

14 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

You think your ship was overbuilt? Mine had 16k Delta-V and I nearly ran out of fuel! I really need to plot my trajectories.

I managed to plot a maneuver from Kerbin and I only had to do 2 200 m/s correction burns. Insertion burn was 2.5 km/s. I managed to get it to 2.5 by the correction burns. Before the first one it was 4k and before the second one 3k.  

1 minute ago, HoloYolo said:

I managed to plot a maneuver from Kerbin and I only had to do 2 200 m/s correction burns. Insertion burn was 2.5 km/s. I managed to get it to 2.5 by the correction burns. Before the first one it was 4k and before the second one 3k.  

If I can manage to be as efficient as you I'll be able to complete the Super mode easily.

Edited by Elowiny

My attempt and success at Difficult Mode

It relies on my new Nuclear Supertug.

KMvmAQf.png

Delta V: Lots.

It is rather large though, so it needs this behemoth to get it into orbit, Kerbin escape, and starting 1/4 of the transfer burn.

dNFa3fo.png

With this ship, I not only Complete Difficult Mode in 13 Years and 388 Days (Kerbin Time), but I also managed to visit one of the moons, Friz.

Full Mission Album (Spoiler Alert):

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

My attempt and success at Difficult Mode

It relies on my new Nuclear Supertug.

KMvmAQf.png

Delta V: Lots.

It is rather large though, so it needs this behemoth to get it into orbit, Kerbin escape, and starting 1/4 of the transfer burn.

dNFa3fo.png

With this ship, I not only Complete Difficult Mode in 13 Years and 388 Days (Kerbin Time), but I also managed to visit one of the moons, Friz.

Full Mission Album (Spoiler Alert):

Reveal hidden contents

Very impressive!

However, I have one little question :

Spoiler

The map view states that Enkers has a gravity of about 0.05, yet it is only half as small as the mun. It is intended?

5 minutes ago, Elowiny said:

Very impressive!

However, I have one little question :

Hide contents

The map view states that Enkers has a gravity of about 0.05, yet it is only half as small as the mun. It is intended?

It's only slightly lower than Pluto's surface gravity, and considering that it is smaller in radius than 1/10 of Pluto, I think Enkers is reasonable. (It's actually 0.566, which is closer to 0.6 than 0.5)

Edited by GregroxMun

Hello. My name is GarrisonChisholm, and I am CKan Dependent.  :(

So, I have the file in my download directory, three folders and a config file.  I have changed the config to True to support my OPM installation.

Into what folder do I place these folders and the file?  Do they all 4 things go together independently, or as their single parent folder?

My apologies for the question, and thank you for helping me break my CKan dependency.

On 7/12/2016 at 10:16 PM, GregroxMun said:

Hyper Mode: Impress Me.

How about planting a flag and putting a small outpost on every moon around Planet End, as well as a small space station around the planet itself?

13 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

How about planting a flag and putting a small outpost on every moon around Planet End, as well as a small space station around the planet itself?

That would impress me, yes.

On 7/14/2016 at 0:28 PM, GarrisonChisholm said:

Hello. My name is GarrisonChisholm, and I am CKan Dependent.  :(

So, I have the file in my download directory, three folders and a config file.  I have changed the config to True to support my OPM installation.

Into what folder do I place these folders and the file?  Do they all 4 things go together independently, or as their single parent folder?

My apologies for the question, and thank you for helping me break my CKan dependency.

You want to have at least the following things in GameData: (with their contents shown to make sure you've got the right part of the folder in.)

GameData

--[folder] Kopernicus
----Cache
----Config
----Plugins

--[folder] ModularFlightIntegrator
----ModularFlightIntegrator.dll

--[folder] OPM (If using Outer Planets Mod)
----ribbons
----KopernicusConfigs
----KarboniteConfigs
----A Whole Lot More.

--[folder] CTTP (if using Outer Planets Mod)
----Textures

--[folder] Planet9
----KopernicusFiles
----PluginData
----Textures
----settings.cfg <--edit this to change setting.

--[.dll] ModuleManager2.6.25.dll

Hope this helps.

On 7/17/2016 at 10:40 AM, GregroxMun said:

That would impress me, yes.

You want to have at least the following things in GameData: (with their contents shown to make sure you've got the right part of the folder in.)

Hope this helps.

All good!  It works.  :)  But *man* is that a hard solution.  It took me about an hour, but I (accidently) stumbled across an intercept and I felt like by lure had just bobbed!  With much caressing, I now have (in my OPM system) a 31 year intercept at ~ 16.5km/sec, and down to only 3,000km Peri!

...well, *i* am tickled anyway. :)

Thank you *very* much for making this Gregrox!

On 7/17/2016 at 9:35 PM, Crocket said:

u9Ws44u.jpg

The pic in the OP shows a body named Pledna. What's that from?

Also, does Hyper Mode have a time limit?

Hyper Mode means "impress me." If you take 200 years to do something, it's less likely to impress me.

Pledna was an idea I had early in production and ended up scrapping it. It might come back later.

On 7/19/2016 at 0:36 PM, GregroxMun said:

Hyper Mode means "impress me." If you take 200 years to do something, it's less likely to impress me.

Pledna was an idea I had early in production and ended up scrapping it. It might come back later.

I want Pledna!

8 hours ago, BashGordon33 said:

Quick question: Dose the time limits mean total game play time or Mission Elapsed Time? And dose this planet have an atmosphere? Because I want to attempt an aero-capture if it dose, to save a bunch of fuel. 

Since it's a gas giant, well yes it does have an atmosphere.

OK, going to try for difficult. Built a probe with 30KDv in vacuum, this may increase depending on the lifter.

See you in a few years :wink:

EDIT : Just landed on Erkers with roughly 27KDv left in my ship :wink:

Will post images later, have to go out now and drink cider at a BBQ in a park.

Edited by John FX

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.