any high-res E.V.E kerbin cloud textures out there?

TimKerbin

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I never know where to put my posts!

I'm running v1.1.1 and I'm trying to find high-res Kerbin cloud texture packs that work with E.V.E or TextureReplacer. I don't know whether the default E.V.E ones I'm using right now are installed properly but they're really low-res as seen from space and are quite pixelated even from orbit and especially the lower I get into the atmosphere. I always remember E.V.E in v0.90 looking really nice, whether from AP or PE, and I've tried converting the 0.90 cloud texture (longitudinal and latitudinal map which is higher-res than the
2046x2046 cubic ones in v1.1.1) into cubic projection (6 files cubeX, cubeY, etc) and just cannot get the damn things to map correctly. And even if I do, the texture looks uniformly white and untextured. It's driving me crazy, I guess I'm doing something wrong. So I was wondering if there are higher res cloud textures, maybe 4096x4096 out there for
E.V.E? Or could any one recommend a pack they use that I could try? I've looked all over Google and Curse.

I honestly don't care that much about mods that enhance gameplay or science or parts, though I do have a few. What matters to me is the visual look of the game. Yet mods for this seem lacking. Curse has so few, compared to other types of mods. Am I the only one who wants Kerbin to look nice and realistic from all angles and altitudes? Yes Scatterer and    PlanetShine are brilliant, and really do help. But maybe I'm asking too much; it is harder to achieve, I would imagine.

Just to illustrate, here's a EVE cloud comparison. https://www.dropbox.com/s/aff9043izywmq7v/KSPCloudComparison.jpg?dl=0

I installed KSPRC to find that it messed up my save file, meaning I couldn't access any part of the KSC. The interface was unresponsive,  and I got error message boxes saying some of my in flight missions couldn't be loaded. Then I installed SVE and it seems to work great, though the Mun has clouds on its surface which just look silly! The Mun is a lifeless rock, it has no atmosphere! I tried removing all Mun references in the configuration file,  but the clouds/dust are still there. What do I have to do to remove it? What files, config file entries should I delete? SVE works great if it weren't for this little niggling thing that's bugging me!

Just for future reference, could mod makers please stop adding dust and atmospheres to lifeless rocks, such as the Mun. :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.