• 0
gryste

Location markers on nav ball not showing

Question

 I can't find or it isn't there how to put waypoints of locations like nerds crater and get it on nav ball.   It makes flyby contract next to impossible do .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 answers to this question

  • 0

the idea of flybys is that u use the map to check your trajectory and adjust it just so that u pass the location marked in the mapscreen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

  you are able to set these in the PC version and have been since before the ps4 build. So it's bugged ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, gryste said:

  you are able to set these in the PC version and have been since before the ps4 build. So it's bugged ?

You have to set it active in the PC version from the map, did you do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I sometimes have this problem in the PC version.  Mark the location as active in map mode but it doesn't show on the navball...except it does show on the internal view navball (press 'c' on the PC--don't have the PS4 version yet so don't know how on it).

Edit: Just saw in another post you can activate IVA view from the Kerbal portraits.

Edited by kBob
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 13 July 2016 at 11:38 PM, Alshain said:

You have to set it active in the PC version from the map, did you do that?

 Tried.  But nothing happens, get a big blank square where you would expect the option set waypoint marker.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It's the same on the XBO version, so it maybe a bug (one of many!!!) with the console version(s).

You select the survey target in the map view, and you get a box come up with the targets name in it, and the game grinds to a crawl until you can get rid of the box (which takes numerous presses of B to do)

I am informed that when you click the target in map view on PC you get the option to add the target as a waypoint on your navball.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yep to all of these, it needs to be put in the bug tracker, if you haven't already.  I've been orienting myself using the compass, switching to the map, getting a rough guess of the angle I need to go on the nav ball and let it fly for a bit.

And they also need to check if there is a memory leak when you do click on one of the nodes, yes it seems like it's supposed allow you to activate the target location, but as stated it slows to a crawl (as it does several times, when moving the mouse around while in orbit/flying and switching between my fuels to contracts to another location), I do wonder what will happen when we get into more sophisticated builds with lots of moving parts.

Edited by henny83
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I can confirm I'm also experiencing this bug on the Xbox version. On the Map View I click on the marker but a blank window opens with nothing to click at (and my FPS drops to like 10 or 5 for some reason until I close the window).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 18/07/2016 at 9:50 AM, danowat said:

It's the same on the XBO version, so it maybe a bug (one of many!!!) with the console version(s).

You select the survey target in the map view, and you get a box come up with the targets name in it, and the game grinds to a crawl until you can get rid of the box (which takes numerous presses of B to do)

I am informed that when you click the target in map view on PC you get the option to add the target as a waypoint on your navball.

Yes same issue here, glad it's not just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This is a bug in V1.1.0 which got fixed in 1.1.1. Now we must wait to get an more uptodate version. It's a shame we got an outdated version on consoles.

PLEASE GIVE US THE ACTUAL VERSION (1.1.3 or at least 1.1.1) ASAP!!!

Edited by Monkey-CH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Monkey-CH said:

This is a bug in V1.1.0 which got fixed in 1.1.1. Now we must wait to get an more uptodate version. It's a shame we got an outdated version on consoles.

PLEASE GIVE US THE ACTUAL VERSION (1.1.3 or at least 1.1.1) ASAP!!!

This seems to be pretty typical of other console ports I've seen (for example, Minecraft). They have to stop at some point to port it over, while the PC team keeps working on updating their version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 7/18/2016 at 10:49 PM, Arch3rAc3 said:

I can confirm I'm also experiencing this bug on the Xbox version. On the Map View I click on the marker but a blank window opens with nothing to click at (and my FPS drops to like 10 or 5 for some reason until I close the window).

Same with me. The non existent marker making it near impossible to track, and the frame rate issue, everything. 

It's 2017, and I'm still experiencing this issue. It would be nice if we knew that the devs at least knew about the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This game should not be played anymore at the moment as it is still the very buggy initial PC Version 1.1.0. We will get a new version sometime early this year, which will address this many annoying bugs. They know about this bugs, as they were on the PC Version also on the same old version we have on console. They are working on a rewrite of the game with another more competent (I hope) developper for the console version. We will get get actual PC version 1.2 at this time, which has solved this issues.

I have stopped to play this game long ago and waiting to the 1.2 relaunch somewhere in the next months, mainly as there is also a high risk you loose your save and loose all progress as of another nasty bug in this worse game version we have yet.

Edited by Monkey-CH
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Monkey-CH said:

This game should not be played anymore at the moment as it is still the very buggy initial PC Version 1.1.0. We will get a new version sometime early this year, which will address this many annoying bugs. They know about this bugs, as they were on the PC Version also on the same old version we have on console. They are working on a rewrite of the game with another more competent (I hope) developper for the console version. We will get get actual PC version 1.2 at this time, which has solved this sissues.

I have stopped to play this game long ago and waiting to the 1.2 relaunch somewhere in the next months, mainly as there is also a high risk you loose your save and loose all progress as ofanother nasty bug in this worse game version we have yet.

I haven't touched this game since one month after it's launch I believe. It's a pity, but I can't do anything. Hopefully we will be able to play it soon, they said the update would be coming early 2017, I just wonder how early early really is, wanted so much to play this game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hi all - I recently got this game for the xbox one and am trying to play the career mode. But it looks like all the missions in the initial stages are Conduct a survey and I don't think it's possible to do that without the waypoints. Is there any update on when this will be fixed seeing that it's been more than 6 months since this was reported and there isn't any word on it yet?

Also, is there a workaround for it at the moment? I don't know how to navigate the craft to the location without a marker on the navball. Switching back and forth on the console is cumbersome and not practical.

 

Thanks!

Edited by zangman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Posted (edited)

I'm unaware of a workaround for this. Unfortunately until this is fixed you will need to orientate using the map view and navball. Its tedious but will give you a better understanding of how the navball works. So if you set up a trajectory that looks like it will pass close to the target/mission marker. Then you just have to keep an eye at the top of the screen and it will tell you , you are entering zone xz86 for example. Then just come out of map view and run experiment/ crew report( whatever is required for the contract) hope this helps

also try to get a good plane built for these missions, as it will cost too much(and be a lot harder to do)with rockets, that way you can guarantee a profit from the mission as you can just land and recover vessel/ fly back to ksc to get 100% of the cost of launching the plane.

Edited by mikey117
missing text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now