Video Wednesday: Functional STOCK Airwolf Helicopter Replica!

SQUAD

tumblr_inline_oa9n1oCt5z1rr2wit_540.jpg

A reddit challenge a while back said to build a fully stock helicopter. It’s taken lot of time but Hazard-ish finally finished his  masterpiece, a fully stock, fully functional AIRWOLF replica complete with an action montage! #KSP

3 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

The video is great! 

The craft itself is by the makers own admission, not functional though. 

:P

Well, functional as in it has working guns and stock rotor-blades! It's by no means perfect but it does 'work' enough to have done the manoeuvres in the video before breaking! That's how I'll excuse it :P 

Glad you liked the video, either way!

Just now, hazard-ish said:

Well, functional as in it has working guns and stock rotor-blades! It's by no means perfect but it does 'work' enough to have done the manoeuvres in the video before breaking! That's how I'll excuse it :P 

Glad you liked the video, either way!

Yeah the video was awesome man! As are all your vids. I wish I had even close to the number of views your vids get! 

Keep it up. 

1 hour ago, klesh said:

All those cockpit readouts are in stock now!?!  

No. The use of RPM means that the craft is technically not stock as advertized.
Though I guess that's done for the nice vid and of course the Airwolf analogy.

Still, in my opinion, nice craft and good video!

13 hours ago, Goody1981 said:

How'd you do the rotating pieces?!? So impressed!

(And a little depressed... I thought I was good at KSP)

I believe he put Juno jet engines with .625m fuselage and intakes to make it spin.

Awesome Hazardish! I've re-watched this several times. Although I do have a question. Back in .90 (I think), you did an SSTO to Duna with a spirit replica. But now with the changes to aerodynamics, you still haven't done another Duna SSTO. Could you do that as well as your VTOL SSTO to Laythe?

On 15/07/2016 at 1:38 PM, Firemetal said:

Awesome Hazardish! I've re-watched this several times. Although I do have a question. Back in .90 (I think), you did an SSTO to Duna with a spirit replica. But now with the changes to aerodynamics, you still haven't done another Duna SSTO. Could you do that as well as your VTOL SSTO to Laythe?

Sure! Duna SSTOs are much harder than they used to be but I'm keen to give it another go! Once I wrap up other project I'll get to it :)

3 hours ago, hazard-ish said:

Sure! Duna SSTOs are much harder than they used to be but I'm keen to give it another go! Once I wrap up other project I'll get to it :)

If you are trying to go to Laythe, Duna is easy as pie. I only just did a Duna and back SSTO two days ago. It is hard. :wink: It took me a couple of tries to land on Duna and I had only 300 m/s left when I'd finished. You're probably better at it than me so that won't be a problem but good luck. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.