[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

21 hours ago, Galileo said:

HERE is a cfg that should ONLY make the scatter objects solid. Install Kopernicus and just drop this cfg anywhere in your gamedata folder.

Thx Galileo!

But unfortentrly it not work for me. No errors, just all scatters keep 'ghosting'. Tested with trees on Kerbin and rocks on Ike

50 minutes ago, Hofelinger said:

Great mod @Galileo, been using it for a few months now. I just noticed that KSP has it's own "Terrain Detail" slider under graphics settings. Will this have any effect on SVT? If yes, what setting should I have it on to play well with SVT?

0B9cCMU.jpg

Yes, lowering it will lower the detail of the textures. As for what setting you should have it on, that all depends on your rig. For the best results, I keep it on high. Results do not equal performance though, remember that. So if high hurts your performance, bump it down in the settings until you get the performance you want

1 hour ago, GenryRar said:

Thx Galileo!

But unfortentrly it not work for me. No errors, just all scatters keep 'ghosting'. Tested with trees on Kerbin and rocks on Ike

I'll test in in a few

1 hour ago, GenryRar said:

Thx Galileo!

do you have kopernicus installed? will you post a picture of your gamedata?

1 hour ago, Bill the Kerbal said:

@Galileo, i am having an issue where this+SVE+OPM=all of the OPM planets becoming Pixelated yellow.

Pleasse help!

that is an issue with OpenGl/DX11 and DDS textures. This is an OPM Issue, not SVT or SVE.

Edited by Galileo

19 hours ago, Galileo said:

SMALL UPDATE

v2.0.3

• No new textures. Just a patch that SHOULD allow OpenGl users (Mac and Linux) to use DDS textures. (testing needed, so please test!)
    YAY FOR LESS RAM USAGE!
    Note: this does NOT fix issues with DX11. You can force OpenGl now on Windows.
  • Fixed case sensitive errors for Linux and Mac users.
    YAY! NO MORE HANGING ON THE LOAD PAGE!

Thank you :) Mac user here, I'll give it a whirl. Also - you forgot to link it in the OP, still goes to 2.0.2

Hmmm... does not appear to be working so well, don't recall Kerbin being yellow and Mun being Moireed

Edited because pasting a picture apparently didn't work.here's screenshots of what I mean:

http://techm.ca/temporarystuffs/Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 8.05.16 PM.png 

http://techm.ca/temporarystuffs/Screen Shot 2017-03-15 at 8.05.23 PM.png

How does one get a picture into this forum anyway?

Edited by techm
couldn't post a picture, trying an alternate

20 hours ago, Galileo said:

SMALL UPDATE

v2.0.3

• No new textures. Just a patch that SHOULD allow OpenGl users (Mac and Linux) to use DDS textures. (testing needed, so please test!)
    YAY FOR LESS RAM USAGE!
    Note: this does NOT fix issues with DX11. You can force OpenGl now on Windows.
  • Fixed case sensitive errors for Linux and Mac users.
    YAY! NO MORE HANGING ON THE LOAD PAGE!

Thx for update. Unfortenly, same errors spam and black scene for me.

20 minutes ago, Galileo said:

ok i have pulled the latest update due to the OpenGl fix not actually being a fix. Sorry Mac and Linux users. 2.0.2 is now the latest version, again

Thank you very much though! Still loving 2.0.2

2 minutes ago, techm said:

Thank you very much though! Still loving 2.0.2

man, its kind of deflating because i am trying everything i can to get DDS to play nice with OpenGl. its pretty frustrating. I may have to make a dual boot at some point and develop there too

Edited by Galileo

25 minutes ago, Galileo said:

man, its kind of deflating because i am trying everything i can to get DDS to play nice with OpenGl. its pretty frustrating. I may have to make a dual boot at some point and develop there too

The difficulties of having two incompatible graphics APIs... I get where you're going, the hardware should uncompress and display the DDS fine, but the API won't let you (yet) :) 

Completing my curly brace tour, I've found that these files are missing curly braces or have an extra one - in case it matters!

SVT\Dres\Dres.cfg
SVT\Duna\Duna.cfg
SVT\Duna\Ike.cfg
SVT\Eeloo\Eeloo.cfg
SVT\Eve\Eve.cfg
SVT\Eve\Gilly.cfg
SVT\Jool\Bop.cfg
SVT\Jool\Laythe.cfg
SVT\Jool\Pol.cfg
SVT\Jool\Tylo.cfg
SVT\Jool\Vall.cfg
SVT\Kerbin\Minmus.cfg
SVT\Kerbin\Mun.cfg

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

...ignore me; I appear to have missed things on my readthrough of the last couple of pages.  Just registering, then, that I'm also getting the black scene and NRE spam, on Debian Testing

further edit: I found the GitHub bug-report; since you had to pull 2.0.3, which I see there  contained the fixes, is there any chance of an a micro-release that keeps those path-changes even if it doesn't contain the attempt at making DDS work on opengl?

Failing that, my fellows on those platforms may be interested in pasting the following into their terminals, after tweaking the path to KSP, which should do it in place, and do so entirely by editing the config files rather than renaming Eve2_00.png as suggested by DylanFrese, which should avoid any possibility of upgrades ending up with two copies of a file:

sed -i -e 's_SVT/Terrain_SVT/terrain_' -e 's_SVT/sun_SVT/Sun_' -e "s/eve2_00.png/Eve2_00.png/" /path/to/ksp/GameData/SVT/{Kerbin/Kerbin.cfg,Eve/*.cfg,Sun/Sun.cfg}

(it may be a touch more "careful" about selecting the right lines to replace than it needs to be, but I figure that can't do any harm)

Edited by Darael
remove redundant report

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.