[KSP 1.6.1] Stock Visual Terrain [v2.2.0] [20 March 2019]

Galileo

FYI, Sigma Dimensions is mildly incompatible with Stock Visual Terrain. I'm going to drop a note on Sigma's thread too.

Basically, because SVT's module manager configs act after SigDim's, the PQS sections get two "Mods" and two "Material" blocks, which seems to result in completely flat textures. i.e. the ground around KSC is visible, but it is a textureless green.

I seem to have fixed the issue (have only tested around KSC) by removing the ":FOR[SVT] block from SVT's configs, which makes them happen first in the :LEGACY section of module manager's work. Then SigDim operates on them and everything seems fine.

This problem stems from the fact that MM works in alphabetical order. I'll leave it to Sigma and Galileo to work out a permanent solution to this. 

On 4/14/2017 at 11:43 PM, Wercho said:

FYI, Sigma Dimensions is mildly incompatible with Stock Visual Terrain. I'm going to drop a note on Sigma's thread too.

Basically, because SVT's module manager configs act after SigDim's, the PQS sections get two "Mods" and two "Material" blocks, which seems to result in completely flat textures. i.e. the ground around KSC is visible, but it is a textureless green.

I seem to have fixed the issue (have only tested around KSC) by removing the ":FOR[SVT] block from SVT's configs, which makes them happen first in the :LEGACY section of module manager's work. Then SigDim operates on them and everything seems fine.

This problem stems from the fact that MM works in alphabetical order. I'll leave it to Sigma and Galileo to work out a permanent solution to this. 

Thanks for the heads up. I'll fix it on my end as Sigma stays busy and i don't want to create extra work for him

Edited by Galileo

Hey!

So I downloaded the mod. I currently use your SVE so I decided SVT would be another nice addition. When opening the game, I'm greeted with this however:

MOR7MmP.png

If I proceed to enter a game, KSP will crash with no message to say so - it will simply just shut down. I use no mods that add parts, planets etc. to the game. I only use SVE all in one, with the basics like Kerbal Engineer, KerbalX mod etc. No crash log was produced when the game crashed so I cannot provide an output_log. All my mods are up to date, as I re-installed them all using latest versions to no effect. Apologies for taking up your time, but I'm unsure of how to fix this problem and I would appreciate if you could look into it.

Kind regards

Ryan

EDIT: I tried a couple of times more and managed to get in. However, I'm not sure if the game will crash or keep kicking me out in the future, and I'm not sure as to the origins of this map screen bug. Glad I'm in and the mod is working for the moment, but I'll leave this here for you as it may still pique your interest. The yellow terrain still persists in map view and tracking station view, and affects all planets in the system!

EDIT2: Game crashed, will uninstall the mod for now. No crash report yet again.

Edited by ryan234abc

Is this normal that when I launch from kerbin with Scatterer and everything I get between 100-80 fps but when I land on the mun (I haven't tried other bodies yet) my fps drops to 50-30 and stutters really badly (I must mention that a while ago I had KSPRC ground textures and I got the same exact problem but a bit more severe, it would drop to 20-10 fps)

19 minutes ago, hendrack said:

I get NRE spam and black screen again on Linux with version 2.0.3, the sed one liner from the github issue page fixed it again. :(

Can you make an issue on github and I can fix it asap.

It would be helpful if i can get an explanation in terms a windows only user can understand.

Edited by Galileo

Just now, hendrack said:

There is already an issue on the github page: https://github.com/Galileo88/Stock-Visual-Terrain/issues/2. It seems to be the same issue, i.e. case sensitive files on linux. 

I just checked and the only thing i missed was a case sensitive thing in the Eve cfg. I just fixed it and hopefully thats it

17 minutes ago, hendrack said:

There is already an issue on the github page: https://github.com/Galileo88/Stock-Visual-Terrain/issues/2. It seems to be the same issue, i.e. case sensitive files on linux. 

ok, I hopefully fixed the issue. The issues on github are helpful but i know very little about Linux and its terminology, and it seems a few people keep getting SVE and SVT confused. I know SVE had some case sensitivity issues but i think i fixed those too in the latest update

Im pushing an update now for SVT. Version number will not change so just check back in 30 minutes and redownload and see if the issue is fixed without using the fix in the issues section on github

On 4/15/2017 at 7:59 AM, ryan234abc said:

Hey!

So I downloaded the mod. I currently use your SVE so I decided SVT would be another nice addition. When opening the game, I'm greeted with this however:

MOR7MmP.png

If I proceed to enter a game, KSP will crash with no message to say so - it will simply just shut down. I use no mods that add parts, planets etc. to the game. I only use SVE all in one, with the basics like Kerbal Engineer, KerbalX mod etc. No crash log was produced when the game crashed so I cannot provide an output_log. All my mods are up to date, as I re-installed them all using latest versions to no effect. Apologies for taking up your time, but I'm unsure of how to fix this problem and I would appreciate if you could look into it.

Kind regards

Ryan

EDIT: I tried a couple of times more and managed to get in. However, I'm not sure if the game will crash or keep kicking me out in the future, and I'm not sure as to the origins of this map screen bug. Glad I'm in and the mod is working for the moment, but I'll leave this here for you as it may still pique your interest. The yellow terrain still persists in map view and tracking station view, and affects all planets in the system!

EDIT2: Game crashed, will uninstall the mod for now. No crash report yet again.

the game should be producing an Output log. I dont need a crash log. What OS are you running. Are you forcing OpenGl or Dx11?

Edited by Galileo

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

ok, I hopefully fixed the issue. The issues on github are helpful but i know very little about Linux and its terminology, and it seems a few people keep getting SVE and SVT confused. I know SVE had some case sensitivity issues but i think i fixed those too in the latest update

Im pushing an update now for SVT. Version number will not change so just check back in 30 minutes and redownload and see if the issue is fixed without using the fix in the issues section on github

the game should be producing an Output log. I dont need a crash log. What OS are you running. Are you forcing OpenGl or Dx11?

Re-attempted and got that output_log fresh (sorry, I misunderstood which one you needed). Here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxjs89sozVh_RDE4SklwdExVNUE/view?usp=sharing

I'm using Windows 8.1

Thanks!

1 hour ago, hendrack said:

Seems fixed now with the latest github, thanks. There isn't much to linux terminology, it's just picky with lower and upper case, nothing else. :D

Oh i go that much lol. glad to hear its fixed.

6 minutes ago, fourfa said:

This is super minor, but the README.txt for the current version is still referencing the old SVEKopernicus folder structure.  Prolly worth cleaning up just to reduce confusion.

Thanks for the heads up !

Hey, can I ask what it is that you use to make bump maps for your textures? I've got some pretty good textures though they don't have normal maps and it is really screwing with how they look on the surface. I've got a handful of plugins for paint.net but any settings I put in always turn out garbage :P

Edited by Avera9eJoe

9 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Hey, can I ask what it is that you use to make bump maps for your textures? I've got some pretty good textures though they don't have normal maps and it is really screwing with how they look on the surface. I've got a handful of plugins for paint.net but any settings I put in always turn out garbage :P

Photoshop with the nvidia dds plugin

Another quick q - Well, more like a I think I'm right but want to make sure sort of question:

'[low/mid/high]NearTiling' = how how much close-up textures tile

'[low/mid/high]MultiFactor' = how how much orbital/far away textures tile

Also (I think) smaller numbers make the texture bigger -  I'm not sure exactly what units it's measuring though?

Edited by Avera9eJoe

17 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Another quick q - Well, more like a I think I'm right but want to make sure sort of question:

'[low/mid/high]NearTiling' = how how much close-up textures tile

'[low/mid/high]MultiFactor' = how how much orbital/far away textures tile

Also (I think) smaller numbers make the texture bigger -  I'm not sure exactly what units it's measuring though?

Yep you got it right. The multifactor basically is what your texture is multiplied by as it gets further away, that way your textures don't look super big and disproportionate  at a distance

Edited by Galileo

Sweet - is there a chance you know what's causing textures to stretch sideways, or if there's a way to avoid that? I think it's just a Kopernicus bug but I could be wrong.

Also another question.... (sorry) It's only really visible in brightly colored planets but is there a way to fix this other than just scaling up texture size from the surface? I'm surprised to see that the nearTiling doesn't appear to fully fade out at high altitudes, rather it just becomes harder to see unless the planet is fairly bright.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.