My Own Space Program! (NSEP)

NSEP

6zQ3X1p.png <==== This is the flag of my Space Program!

My space program (NSEP) is from the land of Doggerland, (Bassicly the North Sea but dried up).

The rockets are like real designs, but i am not using RSS or RO, because this makes the game more limitied with less costumization.

Most of my rockets are stock but when i use mods, 90% of the craft is modded, so yeah.

Spacecraft i had when i made this post:

Belle Service Module

Spoiler

3P06r9i.png

jaeMd4D.png

Belle Service Module (For sending kerbals to space station and stuff like that)

Marloes Mini Space Station

Spoiler

LoRcreS.png

Marloes could be sent into space for long mission to other planets, to research interplanetary space and other planets while in orbit.

Those are my spacecraft i made so far, but i will post more. Just follow this page, and if you have suggestions (for spacecraft or ideas) you could tell them to me, you could even work together with me, but some rules if you want to:

Spoiler

Rules: 

-Comic sans is illegal, jk lol

-Only use these mods: 

*Mechjeb

*Procedual Parts (Includes fairings)

*Any mod that does not influence the spacecraft

*Near Future

*Tantares/Tantares Launch Vehicles

- No rockets with 500 boosters and stuff like that, realistic looking spacecraft.

Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Vanamonde
Ease off on the font size, please.

On 15-7-2016 at 5:21 PM, chadgaskerman said:

My congratulations on your space program,

I suggest building an SLS that can get to munar orbit and back to experiment with landing and docking 

Like Apollo? Good idea!

For early Science/Career mode, I recommend a Munhopper, a small craft that can get to the Mun, hop around to several biomes, do science, then hop back to Kerbin. I made one in Science mode using only tier 3 and under tech. It can get to the Mun, but I'm not smart enough to get it back. I'm sure it can, though.

1 hour ago, Crocket said:

For early Science/Career mode, I recommend a Munhopper, a small craft that can get to the Mun, hop around to several biomes, do science, then hop back to Kerbin. I made one in Science mode using only tier 3 and under tech. It can get to the Mun, but I'm not smart enough to get it back. I'm sure it can, though.

Hey thats a pretty good idea! But my NSEP savegame is in sandbox mode, just so you know that.

47 minutes ago, NSEP said:

Hey thats a pretty good idea! But my NSEP savegame is in sandbox mode, just so you know that.

Ah. :/ I don't have any real good tips for Sandbox mode.

19 minutes ago, Crocket said:

Ah. :/ I don't have any real good tips for Sandbox mode.

I do. Keep building, refining, perfecting. Just keep building and push yourself. A truly good builder makes a multitude of craft and other things such as mechanical objects, curiosities and the like. Don't limit yourself to one craft type lest your building ability gets stale and boring!

Try things you never have, don't get frustrated if things don't work at first and always make back up saves of each craft!  

Keep up the good work mate.

Just now, Majorjim said:

I do. Keep building, refining, perfecting. Just keep building and push yourself. A truly good builder makes a multitude of craft and other things such as mechanical objects, curiosities and the like. Don't limit yourself to one craft type lest your building ability gets stale and boring!

Try things you never have, don't get frustrated if things don't work at first and always make back up saves of each craft!  

Keep up the good work mate.

Thanks for the tip Majorjim!

Just now, NSEP said:

Thanks for the tip Majorjim!

Aside from actual building tips the best advice I can give is to build as much as you can. The better you get the more enjoyable it becomes. 

And don't be afraid to try new things. Some builders make the same craft type over and over again and end up just repeating them selves. They won't ever make anything amazing that way. 

Push yourself.

Hi! Those are some neat rockets. And that mini-spacestation kind of reminds me of Skylab. Hey why don't you build an international space station replica? Seeing your successes, it shouldn't be to hard.

I recommend some sepratrons on the top of that structure you are using to old the rocket steady in the fairing, then you can get rid of them easier, as they fly off sideways, and behind the craft.

11 hours ago, Firemetal said:

Hi! Those are some neat rockets. And that mini-spacestation kind of reminds me of Skylab. Hey why don't you build an international space station replica? Seeing your successes, it shouldn't be to hard.

Im not that into replicating real things. But i could make massive space station like the ISS. And the Mini Space Station actually reminds me more of the Salyut, but hey everybody sees things differently. Im deffinitly gonna work on something like that today. And a space shuttle replica could be pretty usefull on build that station. o w8 comic sans!

5 hours ago, He_162 said:

I recommend some sepratrons on the top of that structure you are using to old the rocket steady in the fairing, then you can get rid of them easier, as they fly off sideways, and behind the craft.

Good idea bro! Im gonna build a sideways seperatron with my costum escape tower on all my new launchers.

Edited by NSEP

If you put a landing gear on your craft (a retractable aircraft one) Then your craft will be a lot more sturdy with docking ports, as they become more static, and rigid for some reason. I found that silly thing out earlier today, it's very peculiar.

So put a landing gear on your craft, and the landing gear will auto strut to the part with the most mass, I think, or something, and that makes it really rigid.

Just now, He_162 said:

If you put a landing gear on your craft (a retractable aircraft one) Then your craft will be a lot more sturdy with docking ports, as they become more static, and rigid for some reason. I found that silly thing out earlier today, it's very peculiar.

So put a landing gear on your craft, and the landing gear will auto strut to the part with the most mass, I think, or something, and that makes it really rigid.

Where on my craft exactly?

Today i introduce you to the Mammoth 3. This is my third attempt at building a vertical launch/landing SSTO. But the re-entry is still a fireworks show. My engines blow up all the time. But hey! I at least tried!

4Z2LyZE.png

This today im going to try out the Mammoth 3 one more time. If this mission fails, the vertical SSTO project is scrapped and the NSEP will not try this stunt again. It will be going on a sub-orbital spaceflight. because all the only thing that goes wrong is the re-entry heating effect. If the mission does not fail, we will use this spacecraft for sending small probes into orbit.

Mission succes! Oh well, the landing gears exploded, but thats no big deal. It landed safe! With about 500 extra delta-v left. This is actually the second last try. The first flight was a suborbital flight. It survived re-entry but the engine fell of when it landed, this time that did not happend because whe landed on land this time, and it was an orbital flight.

wpT6bBI.png

It could carry 9 tons into a 80km LKO, thats 100 baby elephants! We wont be sending baby elephants into space though. I dont want PETA on my back.

I survived the re-entry by doing a bellyflop, it could re-entry perfectly fine at 1,4km/s.

Edited by NSEP

I want to do something new today! Something i have never done before in KSP! Just look at my ribbons and tell me what i could do next. Im way too active to think of something creative!

1 hour ago, NSEP said:

I want to do something new today! Something i have never done before in KSP! Just look at my ribbons and tell me what i could do next. Im way too active to think of something creative!

I don't know what those ribbons mean.. :blush:

How about an Eve flying vehicle, unmanned or manned? Or a Duna surface base with rovers, or a big mobile surface base?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.