Noob tutorial question (xboxone)

Hi fellow travelers. I am curently on the advanced construction mission of the tutorial. I get as far as completeing my rocket when i am then asked to select the pod and move or rotate the rocket 90 degrees this is while the rocket is still in the construction bay. No matter what buttons or direction pad i press nothing seems to move the rocket from its north facing point. I have tried several times only to have the ship totaly disapear i think after pressing the B button. Because of that i saved the ship before getting to this point but when its reloaded the kerbal goes back to the begining of the lesson where you select the pod first. So that means i have to restart the scenereo. Can someone please tell me how you change the rocket angle while its still in the construction building. Many thanks and greatful apreciation for an answer.

Most of us have the PC software, so it's a very difficult question for us to answer. However, I'll take a stab at it. Please let me know if I'm right.

When you build a rocket, it always has a "root part". This is almost always the first part that you place (but you can change the "root" while you are building). Anyway, if you click the root part, the entire rocket gets selected. It's best not to move the rocket after it's been selected, except to move it straight up. -- But don't move it this time.

You didn't say which way you wanted to rotate the rocket. In general, once the root part has been clicked, and the whole rocket is selected -- you use the "steering" keys. Whatever you use to steer. Each click should flip the rocket 90 degrees in the indicated direction, while it is selected. So I'm going to guess that it's either your left thumb stick, or the left hat switch. (On the PC, which you don't have, it's the WSAD keys.)

On 17/07/2016 at 6:48 AM, stubedoo54 said:

Hi fellow travelers. I am curently on the advanced construction mission of the tutorial. I get as far as completeing my rocket when i am then asked to select the pod and move or rotate the rocket 90 degrees this is while the rocket is still in the construction bay. No matter what buttons or direction pad i press nothing seems to move the rocket from its north facing point. I have tried several times only to have the ship totaly disapear i think after pressing the B button. Because of that i saved the ship before getting to this point but when its reloaded the kerbal goes back to the begining of the lesson where you select the pod first. So that means i have to restart the scenereo. Can someone please tell me how you change the rocket angle while its still in the construction building. Many thanks and greatful apreciation for an answer.

I belive just grab the complete then press trigger once.

With LT/RT you can rotate 90% steps. With the controls Spricigo posted you can rotate in small (5°) steps. In additon LB or RB + dpad left you can do a "redo". So LB+Left is "undo" and LB+Right is "redo".

You can find near all button setting in the game itself by pressing the "?" Symbol at the right bottom.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.