Cheats on consol

3 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Sorry but no, not at this time.

Wow. I have been trying to support the console ports against "haters" over the last few days, but this gives them more credit than they should ever have had. The "no QA" argument for the console ports does not seem that far from reality anymore.

I hope a patch comes quickly.

Just now, Violent Jeb said:

Wait until we see how long the update is going to take. It could take 6 months before we see a patch. Though, I have no idea why you would want to try to defend against something such as an honest opinion of a persons experience. And labeling people who don't enjoy the console port as haters, no less. Seems rather, odd.

The port speaks for itself. Squad should pay you for the damage control, because there's no genuine/honest reason to defend a port which isn't good.

Take the fable HD remake for example. I love that game, the port was complete garbage, and thus everyone still runs the superior deluxe version which is almost a decade older. You don't see me trying to defend some scheme because the company behind it made a good game one time.

This is almost unprecedented in console gaming, afaic with the scope and extent that this game remains unfinished, while having been approved for commercial sale on console. This is fine on PC where people can cope with/work around a type of game which is never designed to be complete. Though now I expect this will become the norm on consoles in the years to come, which is an unbelievable turn of events in my opinion. Had the game been polished, and I mean completely polished, a period and process which has never taken for KSP (in favor of constant features) prior to the console release, this would be a completely different story. It'll probably never happen.

Compound that with the absent mapping features, the current state of wheels, and the inability to invert flight in a flying game, corrupting save files, and you have a story that can't end well. Not to mention what as has been previously outlined, the update process for the console versions is going to be night and day compared to the short pipeline for the pc version.

-end rant-

I used the word "haters" with quotes. When I said haters, I didn't mean the people who where upset about the ports and giving their feedback, I meant the ones who were really upset and throwing their hate at the game, along with the vulgarity that goes with it.

KSP is an ever-ongoing development game. It's a scheme that is indeed mostly found in PC gaming, and as a matter of fact KSP is a PC game in a lot of aspects. I'm not going to start debating about the reasoning behind the console ports but they are there, as they stand, and our opinion will not change that.

I really like KSP, and I want people to like KSP. This is why I've been "defending" the ports so far, so that people take the time to do bug reports and get willing to wait for the major issues to be fixed (it's the same reason that makes me want a console demo). KSP, as a PC game, will never reach on console the state it has on its native platform; but that does not prevent the game from being at least good. I'm not saying it's going to happen, I have no idea about what will happen in the future for the console versions. I'm just giving it a chance, and right now, I'd say I have 1/2 chances of being right giving it a chance. I'm not telling people that the ports are great because they aren't, they might get better in the future, or not, I'm just being optimistic on that subject. (Of course, as I do not play KSP on console, my opinion is biaised)

I'd enjoy continuing discussing this, but we are seriously getting off topic.

8 hours ago, Gaarst said:

Wow. I have been trying to support the console ports against "haters" over the last few days, but this gives them more credit than they should ever have had. The "no QA" argument for the console ports does not seem that far from reality anymore.

I hope a patch comes quickly.

Sorry, I don't understand the link you're trying to make here. Disabling debug facilities in a release build is a perfectly normal and reasonable thing to do. It's orthogonal to the QA process. 

How do you get from "they didn't give me a cheat menu" to "nobody tested this"? 

29 minutes ago, stibbons said:

Sorry, I don't understand the link you're trying to make here. Disabling debug facilities in a release build is a perfectly normal and reasonable thing to do. It's orthogonal to the QA process. 

How do you get from "they didn't give me a cheat menu" to "nobody tested this"? 

I didn't get from a "they didn't give me a cheat menu" to "nobody tested this"; I said the fact that "they didn't give me a cheat menu", in a game which always had and needed it (note that some pretty important thermal and aerodynamics information, not cheats, are in there, now tell me how having more information is any kind of debugging or cheating), echoes comments where people have said that "nobody tested this".

I know that the console versions were tested, I'm just saying a missing feature justifies at least a small part of the complaining.

Edited by Gaarst

1 hour ago, Gaarst said:

I know that the console versions were tested, I'm just saying a missing feature justifies at least a small part of the complaining.

And I'm saying that subjective opinions on what is or isn't critical information have nothing to do with QA, hence it isn't justified at all.

15 hours ago, stibbons said:

And I'm saying that subjective opinions on what is or isn't critical information have nothing to do with QA, hence it isn't justified at all.

Information has nothing to do with QA. Not having access to that information if you want it is a mistake that might be the result of light QA testing or a choice made by the devs. I know there was QA but whatever you're saying to try and convince me, it's not going to do anything about the people actually playing the console versions and complaining who do not care about QA.

The thing is not there, whether or not it's intended it is subject to criticism. A missing feature can be understood as lack of QA and, even if that's wrong, I understand that some people may believe it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.