Weather Chat Megathread

ProtoJeb21

4 minutes ago, TopHeavy11 said:

What does a trio of Texan KSPers do? Play KSP and go completely off-topic arguing about sports rivalries!

Of course! We just play KSP, wear a hat bigger than @Tex (For some reason the forum's not letting me mention him) (EDIT: Nevermind!), and argue which school is the best!

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Eat sleep and live football

Don't forget the cougars!

there are others, but they are less relevant 

Cougars? Houston?

Edited by DarkOwl57

Personally, I am not a huge fan of sports. Just not into that kind of life. I root for the Aggs, yeah, but only in a "Hey, I went to school there, I hope they win" kind of cheer, and not a "MY SCHOOL IS BEST YOU BETTER WIN THIS FOR US" kind of cheering. In shorter words, I'm not very adamant with my cheering. I have nothing against anyone who does, just not the type of life that I go through with.

2 minutes ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Of course! We just play KSP, wear a hat bigger than @Tex's (For some reason the forum's not letting me mention him), and argue which school is the best!

Cougars? Houston?

Yep Houston.. they have been better than the longhorns last few years.. but now that UT snatched up houstons coach, we'll see what happens to the cougars

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

Should we make a football thread? XD

I think that a football thread would just kind of ruin the comradery that is best suited for KSP and it's forums. Let's just agree that KSP is the best and that School pride is irrelevant here. Like if you agree! (Wow, did I just sell-out? XD)

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I'm down for an "All Things Texas" thread, which will probably be filled with football 

You can say that again. XD

Edit:

Q: Since when did this become a football thread?

A: Since we commented!

Edited by TopHeavy11

So on Wednesday the weather was just fine. Yesterday and today? Freaking hurricane without the rain. Seriously; West Texans normally are used to 5 mph winds (If you can call that wind), but this was in-freaking-sane. At least 30, maybe 40 mph. Other then that it's a normal day

Rained recently, and made the yard muddy again. I think I prefer snow and wind over rain. Not all that fun cleaning dog paws free of mud and having footprints show up anyway.

Here in Salt Lake City, we've just had a snowstorm and another one expected tomorrow, following a week of 70-80 degree temperatures. On the bright side, it did clear out the inversion still hanging over the valley, so we can have clean air.

We had dark black clouds all morning, until about 7:30, when it rained and the sky lit up... for about twenty minutes. Now it feels like spring. I can tell you it's spring because I was wiping off my grill yesterday,  and there were spots of yellow all over it. Time to start taking my Allegra...

Sunny and clear today.

Enough so that I managed to boil zinc and melt copper. My nickel shed a few layers, and my dime now has a hole through it. I created some interesting formations in one of my pennies around noon as well.

Pictures!

Spoiler

Zinc Vent
sK0p561.jpg

Boiled Penny
9n4kkUC.jpg
<insert joke about inflation>

Dime plus Penny
ZVrSZPV.jpg
You can see the edges of the dime's copper core. The penny is the fragmented mass around the dime.

Another Penny
jl1hVDD.jpg
The plating formed a bubble. When it cooled, the bubble flaked off. Now you can see the subtle ripples of a frozen zinc sea.

It's only going to get better from here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.