Weather Chat Megathread

ProtoJeb21

2 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Is tennis typically played in sweaters?

No. T-shirts. Its 16 C, so it was actually quite okay once you got running.

hail.png

Was on a field trip with my son's class today a little south of Santa Fe, and got stuck in a thunderstorm with hail. Driving home it looked like a snow storm had just hit.

Edited by tater

This year's tropical cyclone seasons have been weird so far. First was the April oddity Arlene in the Atlantic, then super strong Cyclone Donna forming after the South Pacific season ends, and now Depression One-E becoming the earliest East Pacific cyclone on record. Hurricane Pali of last year doesn't exactly count. While forming in January, it was active in the CENTRAL Pacific Basin, not the East Pacific.

90 degrees Fahrenheit with high humidity and oh so many annoying winds. Makes it quite difficult to complete an analysis of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "March on Washington Speech."

Why Can't nature just cooperate for once?

3 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

My county is currently under a tornado warning. I am in the basement right now.

If I die, I hereby declare that a poll shall be made to vote for who should take over my mission reports.

I mean, I shouldn't die, so...

Stay safe!!!  

90℉ is jeans weather. 100℉ is shorts weather, but you risk sunburned calves. 110℉ is stay-inside-with-the-air-on weather.

Currently, we're at about 60℉, and it is cold. But it's sunny, so it'll probably get at least into the eighties.

15 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

My county is currently under a tornado warning. I am in the basement right now.

If I die, I hereby declare that a poll shall be made to vote for who should take over my mission reports.

I mean, I shouldn't die, so...

I thought that said tomato warning. Lol 

2 hours ago, 0111narwhalz said:

90℉ is jeans weather. 100℉ is shorts weather, but you risk sunburned calves. 110℉ is stay-inside-with-the-air-on weather.

Currently, we're at about 60℉, and it is cold. But it's sunny, so it'll probably get at least into the eighties.

I love CA... :( 

Had some tornados Tuesday, another strong storm left me without power Thursday morning and knocked a tree down blocking one of my driveways, good thing I have two. Week started off hot, almost freezing this morning.

95F 2pm this afternoon, 93F at this moment (5pm), starting to cool off. I fired up the central A/C yesterday and put all the ceiling fans on low (I have one in each room). I'd say summer is officially here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.