Weather Chat Megathread

ProtoJeb21

got up to 103 today. Oh and I had a funny experience with the C v F issue

So I was watching a YouTube video of Jacksepticeye, and then he said "It's a gorgeous summer right now. Like 24 degrees or something" And I choked on my gatorade and shouted "24 DEGREES??!?!?" Out loud because I'm insane like that. So I search it up, and 24 degreesC is like.. 70 or 80.

Touching 30 today. Also, nice and sunny, with quite a few clouds

I prefer colder temperatures really though. But its summer - what can I do about it.

Last night at midnight it was still in the 80s. Tonight the sun just set and it's in the low 70s... our annual heatwave is over (it's usually maybe one week over 100 during the day in town, never hit 100 at my house, though, that extra 1500ft alt helps).

Calima weather on La Palma island. Very hot air full of dust is directed from the african desert over the sea towards the canary islands. On its way over the water it takes up a lot of moisture and so it can get really sticky there (here), it doesn't really cool down at night. Inversion layer clearly visible, above the inversion layer 35°C, below 22°C.

0x9XffL.jpg

Edited by Green Baron

2 hours ago, kerbinorbiter said:

RAIN URGH

ONE MONTHS WORTH OF IT TOO :/ 

NOT HAPPY

How do you get 1 month of rain? Also, remember that trees need water too. :P

Yesterday was good waterpark weather (sunny), but maybe a bit windy. Not too much though.

Edited by qzgy

• 3 weeks later...

It has been fairly hot and humid in here in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with temperatures near 90° F (32° C) although last Monday it got up to at least 95° F (35° C). The humidity has spawned several storms late at night one of which was moderately severe and dropped pea sized hail, luckily that storm did not spawn a tornado nor did it cause property damage.

Winter in Cedar Rapids can be really unforgiving at times, I remember one night in late January the wind chill plummeted to -45°F (-42.7° C) and this was before I bought myself a decent parka.  

Edited by Jeb1969

Whelp, (southern) maryland here! and holy crap! Around 100 degrees with 80% humidity! Then in the winter its meh. Around the mid 20s to 30s.... but I have to wait for the bus... In the morning... while its still dark... with a really cruddy jacket thing.

as for severe weather, we have been getting more and more tornadoes, like 5 a year now, and (so far) two hurricanes have landed here (sandy+irene) 

Spent last week in San Francisco... no rain, but at least it was cold and sometimes foggy.

Get home to NM, and its monsoon season. A (very) little rain (usually a couple mm) most every day.

*Looks outside*
Person: AAAAAAHHHH MY FACE IS MELTING!!!
Me: Tourist..

On 6/22/2017 at 5:29 AM, mabdi36 said:

It is currently 12C, 53.6F (1.8*C+32).

Yeah, It's really cold

*Holds back laugh*

Here's the way to calculate West Texas weather.

Current temp*10/100=Temp the next day. (Winter)
Current temp+0+0=Temp the next day. (Summer)

It's been nicely mild this month in Lake Woebehere Houston, and I've been pleasantly surprised at the consistency. Sure, it's hot, but it's not HOT hot. Just hot. I can handle five months of ~95 °F.

Of course it's as humid as an excited whale at the bottom of the ocean, but that's just how we roll. 

Edited by Cydonian Monk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.