Weather Chat Megathread

ProtoJeb21

Just now, kerbinorbiter said:

rain (england)

Sunny! (Alberta Canada).

Now I have to mow the lawn that has overgrown due to the rains in the last 2 weeks.

Oh well.

Went from snowing to cloudless, and sunny. Supposed to be around 70F (20C) today. Where my house is, local sunrise is far later than normal, the sun just hit the kitchen at 8am, technically sunrise is 5:58am, but there's a mountain in the way, lol.

8 minutes ago, kerbinorbiter said:

its now wayyy to hot in england

help me

Looks like the highs in the UK are just 26-27C... are you someplace actually hot?

It's supposed to be 30-32 here today, I won't say it's hot until it's closer to 35.

Edited by tater

27 minutes ago, tater said:

I won't say it's hot until it's closer to 35

For me, 30 is oven-likke temperatures. I probably do live more north of you...

24 minutes ago, tater said:

Looks like the highs in the UK are just 26-27C... are you someplace actually hot?

It's supposed to be 30-32 here today, I won't say it's hot until it's closer to 35.

Ha, here in the Netherlands we have roughly the same weather as in the UK. And in our (at least my) opinion above 25C is quite hot, and when it is like above or around 30C, i personally think its too hot to even go outside.

We are used to different tempratures you know. Here is a North Sea climate opinion thing i made.

-40 to -10 is bassicly uninhabitable.

-10 to 5 is freezing, so wear a jacket weather.

5-15 is cold, but still wear a jacket weather. (And with this temp there is likely to be alot of rain)

15-20, pretty warm, you can go outside without a jacket weather.

20-25, Better get the sunburn whe are going to the beach!

25-30, Hot, so lets go to the beach every day now.

30-50, is also uninhabitable.

4 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Me too!

34 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Yeah, well my house is south of Tangier, latitude wise, so yeah :wink:

I consider 25-30 to be perfect beach weather---those rare times I'm at a beach (usually Hawaii). FWIW, New Mexico is very dry, so it can be 30+ in the sun, and perfectly nice in the shade. It's pretty humid right now, it's 14%.

21 minutes ago, tater said:

It's pretty humid right now, it's 14%

Wonder what your reaction will be to NJ 57% humidity (current conditions where I am)

34 minutes ago, qzgy said:

Wonder what your reaction will be to NJ 57% humidity (current conditions where I am)

I grew up in CT, so I know it well... and hate it. The only humid places in the entire country I really like are probably San Francisco (because it's cold, lol), Colorado and Hawaii (Kauai, in particular).

Yesterday it was 30C outside, it was so unusually hot for the North Sea region, some poor grass actually died from dehydration or something. Poor grass, Rest in Soil. ;.;

• 2 weeks later...

Hot. Really hot today. Unbearably for my winter preferring self. Thank god for AC.

Apparently 33 C, according to the 3 day weather history for my area.

Edited by qzgy

Got hit by hurricane sandy and Irene in Connecticut, in march ( 3 months ago) we go hit with a large snowstorm, so there was ice everywhere and I, Being stupid, decided to sled Down a hill covered in ice and crashed into a fence, breaking my leg. 

http://m.imgur.com/a/vWpPo

first image is the hill 

second image is the fence I crashed into

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.