'The Pit' Heavy Lander Challenge

lol I dunno what the heck happened too!!! well, now you know where to land, show off your landerz!!!

Well... there is no lander to show off yet. Trying to get Mass Matters even with that new stock mass calculating, its just not possible. Computer lags to death on the launch pad, I just need so many rockets to push that mass and in doing so I add so much smoke effect that I have less than 1 FPS... *sigh*

And this computer can run GTA4 on almost max settings too so its not the computers fault that the FPS drops.

With the new way of these engines becoming so hungry for fuel, I cant brain a way of coping with the biological jebs requirements for mass calcultaion.

How about a midpoint for these where I have MechJeb on but dont use it at all. I dont trust the autopilot anyway, it killed serval kerbals by correcting wrongly on liftoff.

With the new way of these engines becoming so hungry for fuel, I cant brain a way of coping with the biological jebs requirements for mass calcultaion.

How about a midpoint for these where I have MechJeb on but dont use it at all. I dont trust the autopilot anyway, it killed serval kerbals by correcting wrongly on liftoff.

yea... gotta change some requirements...

• 5 weeks later...

It tends to pretend the moon doesn't exist when it transfers to minimus and about 1 time in 10 it gets slungshot into Kerbol orbit.

Oh my god, this challenge is a headache, lol. :)

Found the pit... did my de-orbit burn, everything was looking fantastic... and then about 2km from touchdown, the space kraken decided he'd had enough of my insolent maneuvering in front of him, and so smacked me out of the sky.

Sigh. I was doing so good too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.