PS4 UI issues and suggestions

To make things a little more accessible to console players, pleas consider the following:

We need an app or gauge to show us Ap and Pe altitude and eta to next Ap/ape node.  Currently I have to flip back and forth between map and ship view to get into orbit.  I can't stage in Map view, and when I flip over to ship view the map 'forgets' my selections, and I have to re-click on the Ap node and my ship.  This is way to cumbersome with a controller.

Make cursor speed scale logarithmic depending on how far I push the stick, it's painfully solos moving it around, and if I up the speed in the menu, then I lose fine control.

Another issue relating to mouse movement with the stick is selecting science parts.  Perhaps an app that brings up a popup with ALL onboard experiments so I can run them from there would make things so much easier.

In map view, for the love of Kerbin, please remap Next Target from L1/R1 to anything else!  You have no idea how many times I've accidentally targeted the sun and have to zoom all the way back in on Kerbin when I'm trying to L1+R1 to go back to ship view!  

Alternatively, enabling keyboard/mouse support for PS4 would alleviate many of these issues.

Thanks!  I'll be back with anything else I find!

3 hours ago, Ako_Vendetta said:

I can't stage in Map view

On PC you're only able to stage in map mode if you've brought the Navball up in map mode first.  It should stay there once brought up.  I always do it on the launchpad as part of my pre-flight routine.  See if that works for you.

3 hours ago, klesh said:

On PC you're only able to stage in map mode if you've brought the Navball up in map mode first.  It should stay there once brought up.  I always do it on the launchpad as part of my pre-flight routine.  See if that works for you.

Thanks.  Hit the stage button with the navball up in map mode and nothing happened.  Unfortunate, as I have to re target the Ap node to get the altitude reading everytime I come back into the map.

i can do it, just cumbersome.

Also, it seems that if a dialogue pops up, like when you're doing science, ship controls become enabled while you are trying to select a button in the popup.

i was on launch trying to get a temp reading, and as I navigated the science popup, my rocket went wildly out of control.  

For now, I'm in the habit of clicking into mouse mode again while the popup is up to avoid this happening.

I didn't remember being able to stage in map mode on PC, so I just tried and I couldn't. With the science experiments, you can assign them to action groups in sandbox, or career if they're unlocked.

16 minutes ago, MrDave said:

I didn't remember being able to stage in map mode on PC, so I just tried and I couldn't. With the science experiments, you can assign them to action groups in sandbox, or career if they're unlocked.

Get outta here, really? No staging in map view, huh. I would've sworn! I stand corrected then, my apologies. 

2 hours ago, klesh said:

Get outta here, really? No staging in map view, huh. I would've sworn! I stand corrected then, my apologies. 

No problem. The throttle doesn't work without the navball up in map view tho.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.