PS4 Save Game Corruption

On the PS4 version, I had it crash randomly and corrumpt my save when going back to the space center from a ship in flight. I also had it happen several times when exiting the VAB. Now I've gotten to the point where I can't save my game without it corrupting my save. Not even if I manually save, then exit the game normally. As soon as I start up again, the save is corrupt.

I am completely unable to progress as a result, and I can't even run it iron man using Rest Mode when I'm not playing because it crashes so frequently I'd end up losing my progress anyhow. I'd even go back to sandbox if not for the fact that half of the trophies require you to complete missions, which are limited to Career mode.

I was really enjoying this on PS4. Now I'm considering at least going through the motions of trying to get a refund.

Can we at least get an official confirmation that the developer is aware of the issue and is working on a solution?

Edited by Lord Maim

Yep just happened to me. I was in the process of Quiting the game when it crashed. Booted back up several hours later to find my save file corrupt. So LAME.

Luckily a copy of it was saved off to the PS Cloud automagically, however it was from last night so I lost about 6 hours worth of progress. 

Definitely keep the ps4 upload up to date, anytime you exit it, and are satisfied save it there...it may be a hassle but until they can fix it which would you rather have, to start over or just have the most recent save.

9 hours ago, henny83 said:

Definitely keep the ps4 upload up to date, anytime you exit it, and are satisfied save it there...it may be a hassle but until they can fix it which would you rather have, to start over or just have the most recent save.

I have multiple USB backups, and the cloud sometimes helps but that could just as easily overwrite a good save with a bad one. Its gotten to the point where every save I make is corrupt, whether it's an autosave or a manual save, and even if I exit the game manually instead of crashing.

Here's the kicker. While I'm in the game, if I quicksave, I can load the quicksave and it will work. But if I exit and reload the game, it tells me that the save I just quickloaded while in the game is actually corrupt. Its pretty ridiculous.

I have just been granted a refund on the game from Sony. They are aware of the issue, and are informing their CSRs to be prepared for people to contact them. Further I have asked them to investigate the issue on their side, asking how the game make it through certification in its current state and follow up on the status of a patch. I'm hoping that Flying Tiger will respond quickly and the matter is resolved, but I don't feel comfortable waiting for that to happen in good faith. I will be posting this message in other threads related to this issue, for maximum visibility.

Call 1-855-999-7669 (SONY), and select option 2 for PSN purchases.

Squad, I love your game. I own it on Steam already, and I fully intend to re-purchase it if/when the issue is resolved, but this port should have never made it through certification. The corruption issue was the straw that broke the camel's back, but there were other bugs too like frequent crashing, the lack of optimization, or occasional inability to edit maneuver nodes. I'm hoping that questions will be asked, and issues addressed. If I were in your position, I wouldn't want these issues reflecting on me as the original developer.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.