Hello Hello!

shuggaloaf

Hey everyone, finally got around to signing up to the forums. Been around since 0.23 and have waaaaay too many (not enough) hours invested in KSP. Like seriously... thousands. My wife calls it "my 2nd job". Wouldn't that be awesome! Haha. Anyway just wanted to say hello and thank all the people at Squad for your hard work in giving us all such an awesome game and for continually improving it as well.

Of course I really want to thank all of the modders. Without mods I honestly do not know if I'd still be playing KSP. Hell, without mechjeb I probably wouldn't have ever made it to the point where I don't actually need mechjeb anymore! (even though I still use it for all the great info). There are so many awesome parts and game mechanics mods that make KSP the great game that it is.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of people but to those who make the mods I most use
@Nertea , @Nils277, @KospY, @Angel-125,@winn75, @IgorZ, @RoverDude (even though you work for Squad I guess you've earned the right to be thanked again here too :wink:), @sarbian and everyone else I didn't mention... 
You all work very hard for free to give us a ton of cool excrements to play with and I sincerely thank you for what you do.

Welcome to the community!

it is nice to see a long time addicted dedicated player voice a hello on the forums. I started playing around that time. The first release after I bought the game introduced what is now science mode.

Hey Dave, thanks. Always has seemed like a great place. I've got a lot of help here just by reading threads. Always was like "I should sign up" but finally just getting around to it. You're definitely right about the addiction dedication part! :DYeah wasn't that the 1st "career" mode that is now the science mode? I honestly haven't played with career too much since I first got the game. Too many bugs back then killed it for me. Sucks to do a ton of contracts and then that progress disappears for some reason... multiple times! It's fine though I create my own "missions" in sandbox.

Thanks for the welcome!

By the way does anyone know how the titles/ranks work? Somehow in 2 hours I've gone from Newbie to Bottle Rocketeer. Woo hoo! :D Not sure what I did to get "promoted" though.

Edit: and also the merging of replies. I wanted to post 2 separate comments but it merged them once I submitted the 2nd one. Any way to stop that?

Edited by shuggaloaf

Not sure what I did to get "promoted" though.

It goes by post count. 

Edit: and also the merging of replies. I wanted to post 2 separate comments but it merged them once I submitted the 2nd one. Any way to stop that?

The software merges consecutive posts if submitted within 10 minutes of each other. This is to prevent cluttering the screen with redundant avatars, signatures, and all that stuff. 

9 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

It goes by post count. 

Good, I like my bars very low.

9 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

The software merges consecutive posts if submitted within 10 minutes of each other. This is to prevent cluttering the screen with redundant avatars, signatures, and all that stuff. 

Ah ok gotcha. Makes sense. Thanks for your replies!

Welcome aboard, @shuggaloaf! I started playing a ways back, too. The game has really changed, ain't it?

I agree, the modding community has had a big part in helping make this game what it is. Squad was very smart to allow mods, and to build a website to host them.

It has definitely changed but also stayed the same in the ways that matter. It just keeps getting better!!

Oh yes that was definitely a smart move on Squad's part. Not only are you going to get more people interested by having mods you get people to stick around because there's always something new around the corner. Also, when resources were (are?) limited (as I'm sure they must have been at first with Squad), they've basically got people developing things to make the game better for free and when something is good enough to incorporate into the game as they have done, I'm sure buying a mod is way cheaper than paying staff to develop it. 

47 minutes ago, shuggaloaf said:

...they've basically got people developing things to make the game better for free and when something is good enough to incorporate into the game as they have done, I'm sure buying a mod is way cheaper than paying staff to develop it. 

Exactly, and since they're add-ons, if you don't like them then you don't have to add them.

As for incorporating them into the game, they did that with the C7 parts, and the SP+ mod. I don't know what else they'll be adding, but I am interested.

Just now, Dman979 said:

I don't know what else they'll be adding, but I am interested.

I heard that RemoteTech may be getting incorporated. Yeah not sure what else either. I don't know why they haven't integrated mechjeb yet. I understand there's cheaty-type options with it but you don't have to use autopilot, etc. The info it provides though is almost a necessity.

3 hours ago, shuggaloaf said:

The info it provides though is almost a necessity.

No, it's not. A calculator, on the other hand, is. :wink: Welcome to our forum!

Edited by cubinator

2 hours ago, cubinator said:

No, it's not. A calculator, on the other hand, is. :wink: Welcome to our forum!

Well I did say almost. For those without the knowledge and formulas to properly handle orbital mechanics, I'm going to stand by my statement! Haha:wink: No but seriously I can play the game fine without it but I just like the info I can have displayed in a custom window. I feel like it would be available to pilots in real life so why not? Hell I honestly can't even remember the last time I had MJ handle a node for me. Adjusting those little suckers to hit the exact spot manually is way more fun that letting MJ do it for you. Thanks for the welcome!

Pretty cool rubik's cube by the way! Just one of the reason's I love KSP. To hell with what the game was intended for!! :P

1 hour ago, shuggaloaf said:

Well I did say almost. For those without the knowledge and formulas to properly handle orbital mechanics, I'm going to stand by my statement! Haha:wink: No but seriously I can play the game fine without it but I just like the info I can have displayed in a custom window. I feel like it would be available to pilots in real life so why not? Hell I honestly can't even remember the last time I had MJ handle a node for me. Adjusting those little suckers to hit the exact spot manually is way more fun that letting MJ do it for you. Thanks for the welcome!

I learned about delta-V and Hohmann transfers and all that before I knew the first thing about mods, so I got good at interplanetary stuff on a calculator and a protractor (same one that is now a gravitational bitant). I got KER for a while, but now I've decided that tapping on my calculator mid-flight is more fun!

1 hour ago, shuggaloaf said:

Pretty cool rubik's cube by the way! Just one of the reason's I love KSP. To hell with what the game was intended for!! :P

Well, I do like launching rockets too...I hope to go to space in one someday. :wink: I will certainly bring my speedcube, though, and a computer with KSP!

17 hours ago, cubinator said:

Well, I do like launching rockets too...I hope to go to space in one someday. :wink: I will certainly bring my speedcube, though, and a computer with KSP!

I'd love to go to space myself. (as probably most people here would). I do hope we'll see commercial space flight in our lifetimes.

That's pretty funny to think of someone actually going to space and playing KSP...

"Cube, look out this window at the Earth, the view is amazing!"

"No time! I'm calculating a Hohmann Transfer to Jool with this protractor and keychain ring. Now leave me be man!"

2 minutes ago, shuggaloaf said:

That's pretty funny to think of someone actually going to space and playing KSP...

"Cube, look out this window at the Earth, the view is amazing!"

"No time! I'm calculating a Hohmann Transfer to Jool with this protractor and keychain ring. Now leave me be man!"

Actually, it'd just be the protractor. The keychain ring is for navigation on the surface of planets or moons. It doesn't work in microgravity, unlike my optical sextant. What I'd do is make a replica of the ship I'm on, and fly that on the same mission I'm doing. And Jool doesn't need the protractor either, because it's basically 90° and a huge SOI:) 

Hey Carol, welcome. Not sure if you're a real person though as some of your post seem very off topic and you have posted this exact same message on several unrelated forums.

On 7/25/2016 at 2:09 AM, carolapple282 said:

Hello all, I am Carol and I am new here. I am here to get information regarding issues which i face and to help the community here in which I have experience to become successful member of this platform. Welcome me and lets build a long term relationship.