[1.2.2] Historical Progression Tech Tree v2.0 - Updated 02-22-2017

pap1723

7 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

@pap1723 Any thoughts regarding my earlier message about those SpaceY parts not showing up in the tech tree? I'm loving everything else about the mod.

There was a mistake in the tree with the Advanced Metal Works tech slot. That has been fixed. Also, I found the error with the 5m Fairing. There will be an update tomorrow (Friday at the latest)!

On 9/5/2016 at 9:38 PM, CobaltWolf said:

You actually did fairly well! I like that you caught that the SOLTAN boosters belonged sort of with Titan I - though they were developed for Titan II (well, III) they fit, timeline-wise, in with Titan I. They're also more appropriately scaled for the launcher. Overall everything is excellently placed.

Only a couple nitpicks - I think the Juno/Chryslus upper stages should be bumped up to perhaps 3 or 4. They were vying for the niche that was eventually filled by Thor Agena and Thor Ablestar/Delta. More info here.

And the H1C? Was that only used on Saturn 1B? I am not sure. It is the unaspirated, non gimballing version that would have been used as the center four engines on the S1 stage. I am not sure if the Saturn 1 version used it though. The stage went through a fair number of changes between Saturn 1 and Saturn 1B. I wouldn't be surprised.

OK, I moved the stuff around and I completely agree with you!

The H-1C was exactly the same as the H-1D, one was the exterior engines and the other was the interior engines.

VERSION 1.7 UPDATE

* Fixed issues with Cormorant Aeronology (Shuttle Lifting Body)
  * Fixed issue with advMetalworks with the incorrect syntax (thanks Khantemplation)
  * Moved stock Vernor Engine to Tier 2 so it can be used with the T-30 Reliant Engine
  * NEW MOD SUPPORT
    * Aviation Lights
    * Coatl Aerospace
    * kOS
    * Modular Rocket Systems
    * Real Scale Boosters
    * RealChute
    * SSTU
    * TAC Life Support
    * Tantares
    * Tantares LV
    * Raidernick's Mods (Proton, R7, Salyut, Soviet Probes, Soyuz)
  * UPDATED MODS
    * Kerbal Reusability Expansion
    * Bluedog Design Bureau (Atlas *Muo* placement, H-1C placement, Juno Upper Stage placement)

Amazingly awesome work. I love the simplicity of the tree.

Requesting HPTT to be compatible with:

If you could, that would be awesome. If so, I will make HPTT the recommended tech tree for:

Edited by inigma

Hi pap1723, Really like what you have done with this mod. I am having a little bit of trouble using it is career mode though. I have this mod and RemoteTech installed; however, I cannot seem to find a part in the "start" block that is available in the VAB allowing connection. Is there a mod that I need to get an initial antenna? Thanks in advanced.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll look for this mod for sure for an implementation on 1.2!!!

Just a question:

If "any" mod pack I could have (I mean some part I personally keep up even from old mods, or minor mod that I find interesting but they gone "dead") is in the game, but they have "stock" tech tree definition, do they simply "disappear" from your tech tree or eventually do they appear somewhere? (even if in a bad place, eventually, meaning that somewhere there are nodes called like the original ones?)

On 10/5/2016 at 1:57 AM, Araym said:

I'll look for this mod for sure for an implementation on 1.2!!!

Just a question:

If "any" mod pack I could have (I mean some part I personally keep up even from old mods, or minor mod that I find interesting but they gone "dead") is in the game, but they have "stock" tech tree definition, do they simply "disappear" from your tech tree or eventually do they appear somewhere? (even if in a bad place, eventually, meaning that somewhere there are nodes called like the original ones?)

Hi Araym. "Unsupported" parts that have stock tech tree nodes assigned will show up still. They just may be in weird places. :)

TIER 4: 1960 - 1963
These years are when Manned spaceflight first happened. Yuri Gregarin became the first person in space and in orbit, with Vostok 1 and the US launched astronauts in the Mercury Program. The first unmanned missions to another planet took place with flybys of Venus.

Oh man!

Who's Yuri Gregarin ? O_O

Why you do not post information on Alien Shepherd ?

9 hours ago, grosser_Salat said:

I just installed manually for 1.2 and it seems to work fine. !I am not recommending anyone doing so and do not update-request! However, does anyone know if I might run into some (known) problemes later one?

Only thing I can think of off hand is some of the new stock parts may come up an improper locations. I don't think 1.2 added any new nodes, but know there are new parts.

Edited by JeffreyCor

I am greatly enjoying this mod over the stock tech tree, but there is one issue I'm having with the Tantares placement. Tantares LV has an R-7 rocket as well and there are a lot of us who don't use the Raidernick rockets. Tantares' R-7 should be placed as early as Raidernick's IMO as it is the same basic rocket.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update @pap1723

I really enjoy this tech tree, to me it is a lot better than the stock one.

One thing I want to ask about having tested a tiny bit, porkjet's overhauled parts, they are not added to the tree, right?

Just the parts for me is placed in different nodes than the stock equivalents, but if it is not added I would kindly ask if you can at some point find the time to add them?

Edited by Mad_Mads
after testing the mod wanted to add a question

Using the latest release, and no other apparent mods that alter the tech tree, I'm seeing gaps. Specifically, I seem to be missing options for the following, at least:

• Early Jet Engines
  • Advanced Jet Engines
  • Modern Jet Engines
  • Modern Rocketry

Are these going to appear as I grab other nodes (i.e. Aerodynamics)? If so, that's not very clear...

9 hours ago, jeisen said:

Using the latest release, and no other apparent mods that alter the tech tree, I'm seeing gaps. Specifically, I seem to be missing options for the following, at least:

• Early Jet Engines
  • Advanced Jet Engines
  • Modern Jet Engines
  • Modern Rocketry

Are these going to appear as I grab other nodes (i.e. Aerodynamics)? If so, that's not very clear...

@pap1723 I was just going to chime in on this as well.

@pap1723 could you mode the Command Seat to starting tech? The ability to drive a car or fly a plane with an open chair is actually more historically earlier than the enclosed command modules you start with. Currently, the chair is several levels deep up one side of the tree.

On 28.10.2016 at 5:20 AM, jeisen said:

• Early Jet Engines
  • Advanced Jet Engines
  • Modern Jet Engines
  • Modern Rocketry

I have the same issue. Picture

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.