[1.2.2] Historical Progression Tech Tree v2.0 - Updated 02-22-2017

pap1723

2 hours ago, VenomousRequiem said:

Wow, this is very OCD friendly! Very organized. I'd love to see Bluedog Design Bureau supported. :wink:

Thank you.

I will absolutely provide BDB support in the future, but I want it to be a little more of a stable release before I do. You guys have a large number of parts and trying to figure out all of the new changes from release to release is difficult. Once the release schedule is more spread out, I will definitely include it as I love what you guys are doing!

7 hours ago, pap1723 said:

VERSION 1.4 UPDATE

• NEW MOD SUPPORT
    • Buffalo Rover
    • FASA
    • KAX
    • MOLE
    • USI Life Support
    • Wild Blue Tools

@pap1723 I downloaded the newest version of the mod from Git Hub (1.4), however, when I launch KSP it indicates I still have 1.3.1 installed. I completely deleted the HPTechTree folder from GameData, downloaded the new release, copied the HPTechTree folder from the ZIP to the GameData folder. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Can you help? 

9 hours ago, Bandus said:

@pap1723 I downloaded the newest version of the mod from Git Hub (1.4), however, when I launch KSP it indicates I still have 1.3.1 installed. I completely deleted the HPTechTree folder from GameData, downloaded the new release, copied the HPTechTree folder from the ZIP to the GameData folder. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Can you help? 

@Bandus

You have done everything correctly. It appears as though an older version of the Version checking file is in the release so it is giving a false reading of an outdated release. I will have that fixed today with a new version.

7 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

@pap1723 I have installed and re-installed both the game and your mod and I cannot get it to work at all. It's saying that (I can't remember the whole thing right now) etc/modulemanager/tech tree does not exist.

Every time I open the game the stock tree always appears.

Do you have the newest version of Module Manager installed?

1 hour ago, Sirad said:

Is there a version for 1.0.5 available ?

Hi @Sirad,

There is not a version specifically for 1.0.5, but the HPTechTree.cfg file is all that is needed and it should work fine in 1.0.5. You will lose the functionality that the empty tech nodes will still need to be researched, but other than that there is no reason that it wouldn't work.

Seems something is up with v1.5 and US Rockets. If I go to VAB none of the starting items from US Rockets are available (all parts to the Areobee 100) If I go into the R&D I see the parts listed in the starting node but also in nodes further up the tree. Running latest US Rockets, if I roll back to HP 1.4 before the Real Rocket introduction everything populates correctly.

Edited by Magaman

Thanks for making this mod! I've been doing a normal mode career slightly realistically and have been having tons of fun!

Some accomplishments:

2 probe Mun landings

Manned Mun flyby

And mainly a 3-5 module space station (depending on what you count as a module).

I'm currently working on either a Mun rover, more station modules, or a Manned Mun Landing.

On 8/8/2016 at 11:56 AM, eldorim said:

Hi pap1723, I really like your tech tree!

But there are some nodes missing.
Could this happen, when mods are installed, that are not supported by your tree?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b29jtwin16xmpx0/screenshot116.png

Hello,

It looks like you have Interstellar installed. There is a new Interstellar update that provides full HP Tech Tree Support and those issues will go away.

On 8/8/2016 at 9:31 PM, Magaman said:

Seems something is up with v1.5 and US Rockets. If I go to VAB none of the starting items from US Rockets are available (all parts to the Areobee 100) If I go into the R&D I see the parts listed in the starting node but also in nodes further up the tree. Running latest US Rockets, if I roll back to HP 1.4 before the Real Rocket introduction everything populates correctly.

Hi @megaman,

That is actually how it is supposed to be working. Many of the parts got moved to the first tier of nodes. It costs very little science to unlock however.

On 8/8/2016 at 9:35 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

Thanks for making this mod! I've been doing a normal mode career slightly realistically and have been having tons of fun!

Some accomplishments:

2 probe Mun landings

Manned Mun flyby

And mainly a 3-5 module space station (depending on what you count as a module).

I'm currently working on either a Mun rover, more station modules, or a Manned Mun Landing.

NICE!

On 8/9/2016 at 9:09 AM, jdub3350 said:

Do you have any plans to have this work with Realism Overhaul?  I'm loving your contract pack with my RO/RP-O game.  

The problem with trying to get this to work with RO is that there is a lot of changes that RO makes to the parts and game. I don't completely understand them so it will be a while (if ever) before I sit down to determine where everything should be placed.

As far as RP-0 is concerned, there are so many changes to the techs and tech tree that it would be difficult to get tthem to match how the RP-0 creators intended.

1 hour ago, pap1723 said:

The problem with trying to get this to work with RO is that there is a lot of changes that RO makes to the parts and game. I don't completely understand them so it will be a while (if ever) before I sit down to determine where everything should be placed.

As far as RP-0 is concerned, there are so many changes to the techs and tech tree that it would be difficult to get tthem to match how the RP-0 creators intended.

Cool.  I was just curious.  Always looking for new ways to play! 

On 8/11/2016 at 4:59 PM, pap1723 said:

True, but it would be nice to have a little bit more realism maybe, adding support for "parts" of it, like Real Fuel or KScale64

Edited by oktav

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.