Lil' short fun challenge/easter egg

I recently was looking ino the 'scenarios' option on the ksp menu and looked at 'station one' al the way on the bottom. When i opened i was looking at the space station but i wanted to go back; and if you don't know you have to go to the space center first and then i pressed on the tracking station because i wanted to take a look. And there was this manned craft orbiting Duna with one Nuclear engine and a lot of fuel/rcs and a radial mount parachute. I was like; maybe this thing is setup to go back to kerbin but no- so i decided crashing in duna is always fun right? And there i went, but i actually tried landing it, this is what happend!

It rolled down the hill!

That's easy mode of the day, crashland that son of a gun

normal mode is: Land it straigt up on the engine

hard mode is: land it on kerbin (i don't know if it has enough delta v tho because i don't have kerbal engineer redux installed; tell me)

extreme mode: land it on/arround the space center

I ONLY NEED A SCREENSHOT!

Good luck everyone!

Leaderboards:

Easy mode,  1st place: Condo Carl

Normal mode,  no entries

Hard Mode, 1st place: Foxter

Extreme mode, no entries

Edited by Chocolat Oreos
Changed leaderboards

Great find, @Chocolat Oreos ! Thanks for making a challenge out of it.

I feel like I'm getting away with something playing with this hidden little pod. That thing totally has enough deltaV to land back on Kerbin. However, they're just short of landing on the station. If you burn the RCS fuel first they'll have 1300m/s total. It's totally possible to land on the station with a careful set of Ike slingshots, or if you want to get tricky, any of those ships at the station can be used as a tug; I wonder if that's the intended strategy?

457.png  460.png  

I used bodylift mercury style to pop the ship up and soak up all the extra speed.                                       . Ribly Kerman looks so stoked to be on Duna. I feel a little bad for stranding them there though....

I've never docked a ship, and don't intend to start now so.... Somebody Bring our Kerbals Home! Then maybe refuel their ship and send them out again. :D

Edited by Cunjo Carl

It looks like this scenario was made pre-1.0 when nuke engines used LF+O. 

There's 949dV available and the TWR at Duna is 1.42.The dV is a bit low for a landing, 1200 usually being needed for a no-chute landing, though I bet someone will figure it out. 

It's also not a lot for a return to Kerbin. Again, I'm sure someone will figure out a way.  

18 minutes ago, Foxster said:

I decided that leaving those poor Kerbals in Duna orbit or making them into unwilling Dunarians wasn't the right stuff. So I sent them some stuff to get home...

Good job,  but where did you land it" around the space center? Otherwise I might need to add you to the hard leaderboards? 

1 hour ago, Chocolat Oreos said:

Good job,  but where did you land it" around the space center? Otherwise I might need to add you to the hard leaderboards? 

Oh, I didn't think it was going to be OK for any of the modes. I thought they would be for the ship as it is, not with stuff added. 

I have no idea where I landed it, it was just wherever I happened to come down. If I'd known, I could easily have landed at the KSC

So, put me down for "hard". 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.