[1.1.3] (2016-07-24) Telemachus - Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

tcannonfodder

On 2017-03-23 at 8:13 PM, tcannonfodder said:

Heya!

I got some new versions compiled for 1.5 (the latest stable release), and 1.6 (the camera endpoint)

Links below!

Let me know if anything's broken and if you have any other questions!

The compiled addon for the last version "1.6.0 Alpha 4" is not in the releases. Is it possible to upload it?

Thank you!

Edited by Frank Einstein

I am trying to use the v.setPitchYawRollXYZ command but it won#t work for me.

when using
http://127.0.0.1:8085/telemachus/datalink?a=v.setPitchYawRollXYZ[0.9,0,0,0,0,0]
nothing will change in the game. I get as response
{"a":0}
and the game receives Data.
Accessing Data from the game like altitude is no problem using the webApi.
Also the build in Web Interface works as expected

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried several of the different layouts in the newest version and they all have a pretty noticeable input lag.  I think the quickest is the navball from Houston, it just barely lags behind game actions.  Is it possible to build a layout that runs with virtually no lag, or is that just a byproduct of how the system works?  Yes, I am pulling up the layouts on the same system that is running the game using chrome. 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, eberkain said:

I've been playing around with my own layouts and resolved any input lag concerns.  I however cann't get camera feeds to work.   Do they have another dependency?  I have hullcam VDS installed. 

Maybe uninstall hullcam, and try the camera in RPM? ... See what that might do?

There was also an old mod, that had a large in-game viewscreen as a part, which could display camera views??...

Edited by Stone Blue

I installed this, I have the antennas, put one on a ship, clicked open link, and it opened and worked. I entered that link on another computer connected to the same network, and all I get is "The target refused connection." (Edge) and "404" (Chrome). Am I not doing something correctly?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2017 at 7:56 PM, GeKa said:

game crashes on "loading asset bundles". tried only with telemachus installed. log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/1v03kjf5hl9dc18/output_log.txt?dl=0

Mine is crashing with a similar ouput log, and "Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation" in the error.txt. Tried on a fresh install of KSP on Windows 10 (latest update). 

1 hour ago, C2H6 said:

Mine is crashing with a similar ouput log, and "Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation" in the error.txt. Tried on a fresh install of KSP on Windows 10 (latest update). 

latest update of what: Win10 or KSP (v1.3)?
I know lots of plugin mods are recompiling for 1.3, and Telemachus doesnt seem to have updated for 1.3 yet... Maybe someone who knows how can try a simple recompile...

Otherwise, I wouldnt be too awful surprised it doesnt work with 1.3 yet

7 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

latest update of what: Win10 or KSP (v1.3)?
I know lots of plugin mods are recompiling for 1.3, and Telemachus doesnt seem to have updated for 1.3 yet... Maybe someone who knows how can try a simple recompile...

Otherwise, I wouldnt be too awful surprised it doesnt work with 1.3 yet

Latest update of both. I thought the latest KSP version was 1.2.2, so was surprised that Telemachus wasn't working. My bad, I'll wait until there's a newer release.

Is anyone working on this... I was going to do a big project based on Telemachus but as it needs rebuilding so often it pretty much ruled it out. Shame Squad couldn't have built an integrated system so that Telemachus was built into the base game.

I was able to recompile Telemachus so that it works with KSP v1.3 :)

You can download the recompiled files from https://antisol.org/Telemachus-1.3.zip

This is not a full release, just the dlls, so you'll need to have an older version installed already (just download and install the latest official Telemachus release if you don't).

Unzip the files into GameData/Telemachus/Plugins, overwriting the dll files there, and it should work with the latest version of KSP

(I'm on 64bit Linux, not sure if these files will work on other platforms, but I think they probably will)

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, running on 1.3 - thanks.

but in the map mode, there is no background map.  Do i need to change something as "Kerbal Maps" i think is no longer up and running?

all telemetry data coming across,  just the map background.

Again, great work and many thanks.

I have been missing this mod.

Cheers,

I found in the information.html file the following;

Spoiler

<li>Map Data - <a href="http://www.kerbalmaps.com">Kerbal Maps</a>

and then i found the Kerbal Maps temp site; http://ksp.deringenieur.net/

and tried to just do a simple replacement, but did not work.

I must be missing something...  other than the fact that i know squat about html programming and web stuff...

lol...

but gave it a try.

someone smarter than i am maybe can figure out how to get the new temp location of maps to work with the current code.

Cheers.

Edited by drtedastro
found new info

2 hours ago, AntiSol said:

Replace

GameData/Telemachus/Plugins/PluginData/Telemachus/leafletksp.js

with This modified version to use the replacement Kerbal Maps :)

You are da man.

Perfect.  Many, many thanks....

someday do you think it would be possible to add the ability to 'project' / predict upcoming orbits?? 

something like below.  it has always been needed to be able to see where we will be in 3, 5 or n orbits.??

and also, ability to have one or two more zoom in steps????

I really appreciate being able to use this mod again.  great stuff and mucho thanko..

Cheers,

Image result for maps showing orbital tracks

23 minutes ago, drtedastro said:

and also, ability to have one or two more zoom in steps????

I really appreciate being able to use this mod again.  great stuff and mucho thanko..

Cheers,

I've asked this before... Unfortunately, the zoom levels seem to be limited by the maps themselves... So unfortunately, dont look for additional zoom levels any time soon... :(

And ditto on the "Cheers", @AntiSol :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.