Kracken ate my Contracts!!

Well this is interesting. After blowing most of my budget a few days ago to recreate the moon landing (yup forgot I was in carrer mode lol) I went back to the daily grind of exploding kerbals where no kerbals had sploded before! (or not that much anyway, and PROVING that if we can send Kerbals to the Mun then Apollo could still be faked or something like that lol).

I had contracts set aside for a space station in Kerbin orbit that required a tourist which was different. So I built and orbited the station as there were no tourists to fire off. I came back today and all of my contracts had disappeared including the station one but I now had a tourist in the roster. I thought I had screwed up on the expiration but some of the contracts were open ended ie visit Duna Ike etc and other were not even 24 hours since being selected. So I shouldn't have lost any due to exceeding the expiration date.

So I selected new contracts and went to the VAB and the contracts were gone. I had selected a LKO rescue and while the contract was gone the kerbal was in orbit. I figured I would do the rescue and see what happened. I got the kerbal but didn't get any credit or notifications ie in quarantine, new member etc etc. I also noticed that the engines were not cutting off. I use mechjeb to control the burns. I plot them and tweak then hit execute. It makes things easy without being overly dependent on mechjeb. So for the engine burns for rendezvous the engines would burn down to 0m/s indicated normally then continue to burn until I manually cut them off. The other strange part was I didn't see any real change in the orbits from the extended burns. Not that I let them go too far.

So I am curious if anyone else is seeing this or has. I am running 1.1.3x64 on a win10 machine. There have been no updates for a few weeks and the parts I have been using have been in there for a while. The game has for me been fairly solid and glitch free for quite a while until now. Anyway before I start uninstalling mods etc I was hoping someone might have encountered this one before and has a idea of how to stamp it out.

TNX

Dave

I went back after posting and even tried a new career mode just in case.Same result, contracts are normal until I enter VAB then is just blank.

Mods? EVERYTHING!! lol. I have a lot of mods but it has been extremely stable and playable for weeks. The last update was from tarsier aerospace. I was going to get rid of that and see if it changes anything.

I am not sure where/how to get a log. I have seen the ones in the directory when it crashes but this hasn't skipped a beat, just the contract display and associated events.

I suffered this bug once as have others. You should consider copying and pasting the contracts from the last save file you have to your most current save. It's easier if you use something like Notepad++ set to display as C++ so you can collapse brackets.

Edit: see my post in this thread:

Edited by THX1138

I would have to copy a save file from another career as everything looks like it was dated within a few hours today. The thing I don't understand if that fixes it then my new career I started should have had zero issues as well as it would be a fresh save. I could try copying it from a completely different save file but other than that I still need a fix or a direction to try.

I wonder if the contracts are being messed up by the updates from mods. There have been a few where there was a new dll. I uninstalled updates going back 3weeks and no difference. I guess baring anything suggested that cures it I am back to a bare bones install and see what happens.

***Update

I think I have tracked it down to a interaction of Tarsier and CxAerospace. Not sure what yet. Will be checking the dll's to see if they are using the same one in a bit.

The weirdness of the extended burn was from the accuracy somehow getting reduced to 0.0. And it was switching between the default of 3 and 0.0 and nothing else. After removing the two above it went back to a normal default of 0.1

Edited by Wragie
update o info

Well there must be something else going on here I am getting a black screen the odd time when going to the launch pad and then crashing out to windows. Then there is an error box that says:

Runtime Error

Program ....x64.exe

r6025

Pure virtual call

No crash log found for this.  Any ideas?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.