I found a bug

Do bug reports go in suggestions? I don't know. Anyway, I found a really annoying bug with space junk and timewarp. I have a rocket. The rocket has a launch stage and a cruiser stage. I decouple the launch stage from the cruiser stage. The camera does the COM change and moves but the launch stage stays put even when applying thrust. The only way of fixing this is to timewarp. So I timewarp till the cruiser stage is far enough away and then kill the timewarp. Suddenly the launch stage shoots at high speeds at back at the cruiser and blows it up. ?!!??!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?

OK this is clearly a bug and nothing I am doing wrong. Squad, I hope this is fixed in the next update.

Look at this:

Dwi3Dgn.png

Y6a1Ye5.png

c6smQic.png

Edited by Firemetal

Bugs go in there (assuming you're not using any mods).

Also, while you described your bug, more information is needed to get the cause of it. Please read the following thread and provide the suitable information and documents:

Just now, Gaarst said:

Bugs go in there (assuming you're not using any mods).

Also, while you described your bug, more information is needed to get the cause of it. Please read the following thread and provide the suitable information and documents:

Edited it and added pictures. It is said that a picture equals a thousand words. There ya go. 3000 words.

Your launch stage might be clipped in your cruiser stage, maybe that is why they stick together and are quickly brought together when exiting time warp. Can't really think of anything else right now.

And words are pretty useful when it comes to describing bugs. A picture shows what happens, logs can show why it happens.

22 minutes ago, Gaarst said:

Your launch stage might be clipped in your cruiser stage, maybe that is why they stick together and are quickly brought together when exiting time warp. Can't really think of anything else right now.

And words are pretty useful when it comes to describing bugs. A picture shows what happens, logs can show why it happens.

I did not clip the launch stage into the cruiser stage. I just placed it on the decoupler. Also I attempted this mission yesterday and nothing went wrong. (Except I accidently clicked space bar while doing a burn.) This might of been because I left the mission to do some corrections with another craft. I don't exactly know but I built a new ship just now. However I did place the nukes a bit low. That might of been the cause as you said.

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.