Control Surfaces are acting in opposites

I have had this problem before but I don't remember how I fixed it.  I am used to pressing S on the keyboard to pull up and w to nose down with an aircraft in KSP but on this new aircraft I am making it is the opposite, when I press W it pulls up and when i press S it pulls down.  I am not sure what to do.  I rotated my control surfaces 180 degrees and the probe module and that did not work.  If you know anything please leave a comment down below. Thanks! 

When I press W: http://imgur.com/08DJ5ir

When I press S: http://imgur.com/wpWTGxP

Edited by Diamond

That looks like the elevons are working correctly so something else is creating the odd rotation. Can you post the craft file with Dropbox or similar?

No, hang on, the elevons are working backwards. 

You have the the Navball the right way up in flight? I could get it to do it the way you show by rotating to probe core 180°. 

Edited by Foxster

Which part is the root and has control when it spawns?

Those pictures show at least two parts that could be the 'control', that are facing backwards: the docking port and the passenger cabin.

Even if you have a probe core facing the correct way, if there is even one kerbal in the cabin when the craft spawns, the game will automatically assign control to it... and since it's facing backwards, your controls will act reversed - you are after all trying to fly retrograde.

Turn the passenger cabin around and it'll be fixed. Or rightclick the probe core, if you have one and assuming it's pointing in the correct direction, and 'control from here'.

19 hours ago, Foxster said:

That looks like the elevons are working correctly so something else is creating the odd rotation. Can you post the craft file with Dropbox or similar?

No, hang on, the elevons are working backwards. 

You have the the Navball the right way up in flight? I could get it to do it the way you show by rotating to probe core 180°. 

19 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Does the same thing happen when you do the horizontal axis? If not, it might be that you've checked the "Axis inverted" box.

17 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

Which part is the root and has control when it spawns?

Those pictures show at least two parts that could be the 'control', that are facing backwards: the docking port and the passenger cabin.

Even if you have a probe core facing the correct way, if there is even one kerbal in the cabin when the craft spawns, the game will automatically assign control to it... and since it's facing backwards, your controls will act reversed - you are after all trying to fly retrograde.

Turn the passenger cabin around and it'll be fixed. Or rightclick the probe core, if you have one and assuming it's pointing in the correct direction, and 'control from here'.

17 hours ago, bewing said:

Yeah, we need to see the navball in the pics.

I figured it out.  I ended up having to turn the probe core around and the control surfaces were fixed.  I noticed that when I loaded in the craft the navball was pointing in the opposite direction the craft was facing.  Thanks you to everyone that commented, as it helped me a lot!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.