Technically.... its an image of uncle Sam photoshopped with a guinea pig face

Ill probably change it sooner than later

Edited by qzgy

In my first test:

Spoiler

mass: 0.646 tones

time: 2.42 min (complete stop)

50 - 1.938 - 2.42 = 45.642

I will post images after I improve my record. I wrote the result right away because I suprised that I already made it to top in the first try.

Last test:

mass: 0.469 tones

time: 2.15 min (complete stop)

50 - 1.407 - 2.15 = 46.443

There can be better score with smaller wings but landing would be harder. Fuel is 5 units.

LZf0jUW.jpg

eSOXFFP.jpg

Edited by CanOmer
typo

This is smaller plane which uses spider engine. Full tank fuel is enough to go to the island but a lot slower than previous plane with jet engine.

Mass: 385kg (200kg is fuel)

Time: 8.18 min (complete stop)

50 - 1.155 - 8.18 = 40,665

WlDPfEr.jpg

On 8/2/2016 at 3:52 PM, CanOmer said:

In my first test:

Reveal hidden contents

mass: 0.646 tones

time: 2.42 min (complete stop)

50 - 1.938 - 2.42 = 45.642

I will post images after I improve my record. I wrote the result right away because I suprised that I already made it to top in the first try.

Last test:

mass: 0.469 tones

time: 2.15 min (complete stop)

50 - 1.407 - 2.15 = 46.443

There can be better score with smaller wings but landing would be harder. Fuel is 5 units.

Are you using the battery as a skid? You could swap the battery for a trus, as long as the engine is running there's plenty of electric.

9 hours ago, Fauble2000 said:

Are you using the battery as a skid? You could swap the battery for a trus, as long as the engine is running there's plenty of electric.

No, reaction wheel handles it. Yes, you are probably right. (what is trus?) Btw it is 46.443.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, NightshineRecorralis said:

Is that a SAS helicopter? Cool!

Yep. The problem is it's entirely unsteerable manually. You can aim SAS at nodes though...  Switching between prograde/normal/retrograde/antinormal you can get a segment of horizontal flight, then you need to switch to radial out for lift... you can set stability assist in between but that lasts only a couple seconds as precession spoils your direction... And with some object in a high orbit in the right direction you may get several minutes of flight in that direction.

Considering time to the island is scored, there's no way I could get any half-decent score with it.

Edited by Sharpy

12 hours ago, Sharpy said:

Yep. The problem is it's entirely unsteerable manually. You can aim SAS at nodes though...  Switching between prograde/normal/retrograde/antinormal you can get a segment of horizontal flight, then you need to switch to radial out for lift... you can set stability assist in between but that lasts only a couple seconds as precession spoils your direction... And with some object in a high orbit in the right direction you may get several minutes of flight in that direction.

Considering time to the island is scored, there's no way I could get any half-decent score with it.

Cool! :D

Alright, here's my entry.

Ship name: Virga

Time to island: 3:33

Mass .624

Part Count: 11

50-(.624+3.33)=46.156

Uses sepratrons for a nice little boost, but flies fine off of just the Juno engine. Not much lift, so lands fast. Once you get used to it, though, it's actually quite fun to fly.

5kR0DVy.png

3WqibDx.png

m9I5Say.png

2Z7HcQL.png

Had fun making this one! Thanks for the challenge. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.