Scale in parts.cfg

The "scale" and "rescaleFactor" parameters require a single float value and are not comma - separated:

scale = 1.0
rescaleFactor = 1.0

You probably meant the MODEL{} node scale method:

MODEL
{
    model = Path/To/Model/File
    scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0
}

that can be used to scale each axis (X, Y, Z) independently.

@Burning For New Frontiers Just realise that the MODEL scale line, will rescale ONLY the model... and NOT the attachment nodes... If you want to rescale the model AND the attachment nodes with it (so everything will attach in the proper place on the enlarged model), you want to use the rescaleFactor def... the rescaleFactor defaults to 1.25m ... So, IIRC, to enlarge the part to a 2.5m, you would rescaleFactor = 2 ... rescaleFactor = 1 would be a 1m based part...

You can use a combination of the two, but then theres math and ratios involved to figure out...

As a sidenote, you should really only have to define the scale = (the one OUTSIDE the MODEL node), if the part was modelled using a scale other than 1m in the modelling program... So scale = 1 is 1m units, 0.1 is one modelled using 0.1m unit (decimeter), 0.01m unit (centimeters)

Edited by Stone Blue

@Burning For New Frontiers OK... I just didnt know if you knew one rescaled with the nodes, and one doesnt... :)

I've found Felbourn's NodeHelper mod to be invaluable for setting up nodes... However, when using it with the rescaleFactor, it does some weird stuff... You can use it to place the nodes, but I dont let it write the new changes... I copy down the node coords, and edit them into the .cfg myself...

34 minutes ago, Burning For New Frontiers said:

Thanks! 

Thanks! Unfortunately my rig is sooooooo slow. So, no mods. ;(

Well, NodeHelper is just 3 small files, and only 32Kb total... So that alone shouldnt really affect your performance at all... ??

1 GB by itself. I like to think that I'm now immune to the effects acute lag-itis.

Anyway, a doubt. What does PartDatabase.cfg do in the KSP folder? And how do you make parts appear in-game, when the save files are already there? I'm not sure how I lost them. Plus, is it possible to swap models, say replacing a Mk 1-2 Command Pod with a Mammoth while retaining command module functionality and other silliness? :)

Edited by Burning For New Frontiers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.