Rovemax M1 Wheels Won't Drive Rover on Pol

Any way out of this? I've checked settings, as far as I can tell the wheels are configured properly and have ground contact. "A" or "D" key makes them steer, "W" or "S" key makes motor indicator ramp up (as per below picture), but wheels don't spin and rover doesn't go. 

nlIgKaF.png

Install is modded slightly but I don't think any of those mods are affecting the present situation; rover is stock and in a stock situation. Worked fine in 1.1 driving on Minmus. Any ideas?

ETA 27 July: Created a clean file with no Intrepid, Kerbulans or other spoilers. The rover Sarge is in is the original, it steers but does not go--as though the brakes are stuck on (and yes, I tried toggling them :P ) The rover Melbe is in is the replacement, it seems to work fine. 

Edited by Kuzzter

31 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

You could copy the persistent.sfs to a new save folder, and terminate all the flights except the rover.

I assume the rover is stock?

Yes, it is--working on some tests now with a duplicate rover (which, opposite of the original, drives but does not steer!) I will also make that persistent.sfs copy you recommended. Unfortunately I cannot upload any files from where I am right now but I will do it later.

Thanks for your interest in this, @sal_vager, even if I can get it working with a hyperedited duplicate rover, I'll provide you that .sfs in the interest of science :wink:  

Edited by Kuzzter

3 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Also I wonder, if you also have a probe on there is it pointing the right way...

No probe, requires a driver--and the replacement one works fine! ...that is, if by "fine" we mean "it slides around uncontrollably because there is very little gravity on Pol, but does so in a way I would expect the game to work :)

So when I do get the save file assembled and uploaded, it will have both the replacement rover and the original on the landing site, with drivers in seats, and I will make sure the file loads in stock :) 

3 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

I can't do that, would give away too much story :) ... maybe I can replicate the issue with a new file, will try.

XD now your running into the issue of support vs confidentiality. We can't provide proper support without information. So pick; can you live with the issue and maintain your secrecy, or break your secrecy and let us help?

2 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

XD now your running into the issue of support vs confidentiality. We can't provide proper support without information. So pick; can you live with the issue and maintain your secrecy, or break your secrecy and let us help?

False dilemma; I think if you scroll up you'll find we reached a workable solution--I will provide a file that contains only the rovers in question and doesn't give my precious Kerbfleet secrets to the Forum. :) 

Just now, Kuzzter said:

False dilemma; I think if you scroll up you'll find we reached a workable solution--I will provide a file that contains only the rovers in question and doesn't give my precious Kerbfleet secrets to the Forum. :) 

You and your secrets. Whatever works.

The closet I've ever made to your work is my Saturn Shuttle.

20 hours ago, Kuzzter said:

File with original and replacement rovers added to the OP 

Okay some modded craft were still present but didn't load (of course) and the first rover worked fine.

The 2nd rover wouldn't move!

I poked a bit, finally I cycled the brakes on then off again, and then it moved, it even works after F5/F9.

So it looks like the brake light on the UI was misreporting the state, put it down to a sticky handbrake.

10 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

I poked a bit, finally I cycled the brakes on then off again, and then it moved, it even works after F5/F9.

Thanks! I could have sworn I cycled the brakes also, but I must not have. Oh well; now at least we know that the brake lights might not work sometimes for craft with the parking brake set before a version update. For science!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.