Orbital EVA & Staging / UI Bugs (XBOX)

There appears to be a number of issues here.

1) When doing an orbital EVA, I get the prompt to "GRAB", but when I hit grab it shoots my kerbal off into space & turns off the RCS.

2) I don't know if it's related to the about bug, but once I managed to get back into the ship (after a long time struggling with the controls and shooting off into space and getting back to the ship) the UI freezes, and all the rollover shootout menus (game help etc) get stuck in their rolled over position.

3) Again, not sure if they are related, but after the UI has frozen, all my staging has been removed, I can reset up the staging again, but after doing so, even when I press the button, the decoupler won't uncouple, I have to manually do it by selecting it in the game window.

4 hours ago, danowat said:

1) When doing an orbital EVA, I get the prompt to "GRAB", but when I hit grab it shoots my kerbal off into space & turns off the RCS.

This can happen on PC, grabbing a ladder automatically disables the Kerbal jetpack, and if there's anything too close the Kerbal can bounce off and back into space.

2) I don't know if it's related to the about bug, but once I managed to get back into the ship (after a long time struggling with the controls and shooting off into space and getting back to the ship) the UI freezes, and all the rollover shootout menus (game help etc) get stuck in their rolled over position

I've not seen this one yet.

3) Again, not sure if they are related, but after the UI has frozen, all my staging has been removed, I can reset up the staging again, but after doing so, even when I press the button, the decoupler won't uncouple, I have to manually do it by selecting it in the game window.

This is an older PC bug that has been fixed in the latest PC builds, so will be fixed when the console version is updated, if you add an empty stage below the decoupler it should fire that stage then work as normal, as the lowest stage is being counted as already activated.

There appears to be a number of issues here.

Yes, Squad will be patching issues in time.

The release processes on console and PC are quite different, and the console builds are based off of the PC ones. When we want to patch the consoles we merge PC commits and work on the custom code and assets that are needed to make it run on the consoles. The console builds then have to go through certification with the console manufacturer (Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo) before we can make them available. As a result the consoles are likely to run a little bit behind compared to the PC releases, but we will keep updating all platforms as we move forward.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try and get a DVR of the stuck rollover menus.

One thing I will say about the EVA issue, I found that if I manually turn the RCS off before grabbing the ladder it doesn't fire me off into space.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.